Zaino clear seal

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 05:24 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,619 Likes on 6,625 Posts

Originally Posted by FKING1
Used Zaino on my yellow C5 for over 10 years and never a streak or other problem.
Not the case with my Shark Gray C7. Both Z2 & the new initial stuff streaks & is nearly impossible to get off cleanly. Using the Final Solution Sealer does the job. Should not have to use it this way.
Puzzled & may have to abandon Zaino for what???
Use Barrett Jackson synthetic polish on my yellow Mustang with perfect results.
You don't take CS off! Apply and let dry. The key is to apply very little. I use Z-5 first and again have to apply very sparingly or it is hard to remove. been using for 3 years and it applies easy.

Not saying there are not other products but I find Z-5 and CS are great products-when applied correctly!

Last edited by JerryU; 10-24-2016 at 05:26 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:10 PM
kevpull
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jpbls
Anyone like this product?I have used it on two of my vettes,monterey red,shark grey.Same results with both,lots of streaks.Mostly comes out with Z 8 on the grey.
Like everyone has said, use less product than you ever thought about using and put it on very, very lightly with no hand pressure. Let it glide on and cure completely and then finish with C8. CS is a good product. If you are applying it correctly, one bottle should last years.

Last edited by kevpull; 10-24-2016 at 11:13 PM.
Old 10-25-2016, 12:16 AM
dmvette
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by mschuyler
I have used Zaino, though I'm not a fanatic. With ClearSeal you are supposed to just spray it on. No rubbing. I've never had streaks. I consider it an "extra" in the Zaino system.
Directions on bottle say to apply with applicator pad, working into the paint, evenly with overlapping motions one section at a time.

How do you get you are suppose to just spray it on with no rubbing when their instructions say the opposite?
Old 10-25-2016, 01:05 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by dmvette
Directions on bottle say to apply with applicator pad, working into the paint, evenly with overlapping motions one section at a time.

How do you get you are suppose to just spray it on with no rubbing when their instructions say the opposite?
I apply it as they note with one of their cotton pads. I use a very light spray. I learned with the Z-5 I use (Sal at Zaino recommended Z-5 because of my dark color) that I had to apply very sparingly or it was more difficult to remove. Had read "use very little" but had to find out by myself! With the CS I use the same very light spray and I apply and let dry. No streaking on my red metallic.

That was 3 years ago, the first time I used Zaino. It's unlike any other product I have every used. It lasts a long time.

Last edited by JerryU; 10-25-2016 at 01:07 AM.
Old 10-25-2016, 12:40 PM
Mike Campbell
Le Mans Master

Received 1,067 Likes on 591 Posts

The "working it into the paint" means to spread it evenly. You don't need a lot of pressure. I like the stuff and I've used it since they came out with if. I like the wet look it gives to the paint. Now my brother asked me about it and bought a bottle to use on his SRT Chrysler. I told him , "Put it on very lightly and follow the directions." Later he called me bitching about it streaking and looking streaky. I told him to go in the house, pour himself a drink and go out and look at his car in a half an hour. He called later and said, "My car looks great!"

Last edited by Mike Campbell; 10-25-2016 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-25-2016, 01:20 PM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Received 3,818 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Directions on bottle say to apply with applicator pad, working into the paint, evenly with overlapping motions one section at a time. How do you get you are suppose to just spray it on with no rubbing when their instructions say the opposite?
The real question here from a diagnostic point of view is, What are the people who report NO streaking at all doing differently from the people who DO report streaking? And you are only giving a partial answer. The directions IN FULL say:

CLEAN and DRY all surfaces. Mist a new cotton applicator pad 1 time. Holding sprayer about 4 inches from surface, lightly spray Z-CS once, directly onto panel, avoiding overspray. Apply with applicator pad, working into the paint, evenly with overlapping motions one section at a time. Allow product to fully dry. DO NOT BUFF OR WIPE OFF. Sit back and relax while Z-CS does the work. SHAKE & USE SPARINGLY. Less than 1/4 oz can complete average vehicle.
A full bottle of Z-CS is six fluid ounces, enough for 24 applications. I've been using Z-CS for years on three different vehicles, one black, two red. I am still on my first bottle. I have never noticed any "streaks." My guess is people experiencing streaks may be

1. Being too aggressive. The product requires a light touch. Don't "RUB" anything!
2. Using too much. 1/4 oz per car is not very much.
3. Buffing or wiping it off. Just leave it alone.

I'm not a Zaino fanatic. I just switched one vehicle to Wolfgang Uber Ceramic and am very pleased with the results, though it is very expensive. I believe I will try Pinnacle next. But there's nothing wrong with Zaino CS or any other Zaino product. If you're having problems, you're doing it wrong.

Last edited by mschuyler; 10-25-2016 at 01:24 PM.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:17 PM
dmvette
Racer

Are you just spraying it on and leaving it to dry or do you use a pad as well?
Old 10-25-2016, 04:25 PM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Received 3,818 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Are you just spraying it on and leaving it to dry or do you use a pad as well?
Very light spreading with a clean pad. The spray nozzle does not distribute entirely evenly so a single "spray" is too heavy in the middle and too light on the sides. If they used a better nozzle, like on bottles of Windex, you might not have to do that.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:31 PM
dmvette
Racer

Ok, I will try even lighter on my next application. I'm getting there.
Old 12-21-2016, 05:08 AM
BigKitty
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Wolfdogs

Originally Posted by Flame Red
If you never heard of this before - use the Clear the WolfDog method. Only need to do it once though. Results are indeed amazing.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...l-step-in.html
Where is Wolfdogs these days?
Old 12-21-2016, 09:02 AM
fun ticket
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

All of the dialogue in the previous eight posts is exactly why I bailed on Zaino. Polishing a car should not be that hard. Blackfire, put it on, take if off. Lasts as long as Zaino and you dont have to put yourself through the above misery........just my .02 cents.
The following users liked this post:
Glen e (12-21-2016)
Old 12-21-2016, 09:38 AM
kevpull
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Learning curve

There is a little bit of a learning curve with Zaino. Once you get the hang of what works for you, it becomes very easy. When I first started using Z-CS I put it on very lightly as I was already familiar with other Z-products. I didn't notice anything at first but after about the third application of Z-CS, I noticed a wonderful sheen all over the car. The car looks like it is "wet" all the time now. Z-CS really brought out the Laguna Blue. (I compared my Laguna Blue to another corvette's and mine looks slightly darker and richer, IMO) For all those who don't necessarily use Zaino products, you can use their Z-CS over any wax, even non-Zaino products. (Zaino won't admit this because they want your business.) Z-CS is exactly as the name implies, a sealant the seals in the shine that you have worked hard to buid up. That is why many use it almost exclusively because they are simply reinforcing the seal over their wax shine. Z-CS does add its own optical properties however. I use it over my favorite (and very fast setting) non-Zaino product. I got tired of waiting for Z-2 to dry so I switched to a faster curing product but use the Z-CS over that. This combination works great for me. For all you Zainoites, I know about adding the accelerate to make Z-2 cure faster and multiple coats and all of that but Z-CS over my quicker wax is perfect for me. I don't have time to do all the Z-products sequentially. For me its quick wax, and Z-CS between quick waxes. Easy as pie, very nice shine. I finish up with Z8 every time. Remember add Z-CS very lightly and don't worry if you can't "see" it going on. Believe me it is going on. Z-CS lasts a long time. Between coats of Z-CS use your favorite wax as normal.

Last edited by kevpull; 12-21-2016 at 09:49 AM.
Old 12-21-2016, 01:10 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by kevpull
There is a little bit of a learning curve with Zaino. Once you get the hang of what works for you, it becomes very easy. When I first started using Z-CS I put it on very lightly as I was already familiar with other Z-products. I didn't notice anything at first but after about the third application of Z-CS, I noticed a wonderful sheen all over the car. The car looks like it is "wet" all the time now. Z-CS really brought out the Laguna Blue. (I compared my Laguna Blue to another corvette's and mine looks slightly darker and richer, IMO) For all those who don't necessarily use Zaino products, you can use their Z-CS over any wax, even non-Zaino products. (Zaino won't admit this because they want your business.) Z-CS is exactly as the name implies, a sealant the seals in the shine that you have worked hard to buid up. That is why many use it almost exclusively because they are simply reinforcing the seal over their wax shine. Z-CS does add its own optical properties however. I use it over my favorite (and very fast setting) non-Zaino product. I got tired of waiting for Z-2 to dry so I switched to a faster curing product but use the Z-CS over that. This combination works great for me. For all you Zainoites, I know about adding the accelerate to make Z-2 cure faster and multiple coats and all of that but Z-CS over my quicker wax is perfect for me. I don't have time to do all the Z-products sequentially. For me its quick wax, and Z-CS between quick waxes. Easy as pie, very nice shine. I finish up with Z8 every time. Remember add Z-CS very lightly and don't worry if you can't "see" it going on. Believe me it is going on. Z-CS lasts a long time. Between coats of Z-CS use your favorite wax as normal.
I started to use Zaino products when I bought my C7. A friend had a C6 when I did and we parked next to each other at the far end of the parking lot at work! He used Zaino mixing with accelerate etc. Too much work for me so I didn't. His car always looked better!

Saw a post that you could use Z-CS directly over their polish, without the accelerate! Wrote to Sal at Zaino and he recommended their Z5 and no additive because of my dark colored and agreed I could follow directly with the CS. That is what I did and have been for 3 years. Works great and as you say my bottle of CS lasted 3 years! Agree the biggest problem folks have, including me the first time, it using too much!

I use CS straight on the wheels and my CF skirts and splitter. Don't need a super high shine. Using C5 first does give a higher gloss but it, like most polishes, needs to be buffed off.

Love the CS, just apply very sparingly and let dry! Looks wet!

Quick Reply: Zaino clear seal