Sponsored by:

Good 2017 Grand Sport Deal?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 12:53 AM
djnice
Melting Slicks

Received 516 Likes on 445 Posts

Originally Posted by 16/C7Z
Sounds like nonsense to me. No way they're giving you that much for your trade. Playing the "we'll give you XXXXX for your car just pay more for ours".

Call a couple different real corvette dealers criswell mike furman is the best then there are others. Right now I would say they're blowing smoke up it to make you feel good on trade
If they are giving a high value trade-in then isn't that the same as giving a high discount off of MSRP?

On the west coast we don't see 10% discount off MSRP. Shipping cost is around $2500. If you buy on the east coast, and you want to trade, you would have to drive your car there and drive the new one back because shipping cost is too high.

Last edited by djnice; 10-24-2016 at 12:53 AM.
Old 10-24-2016, 01:33 AM
X25
Sr.Random input generator
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,465 Likes on 1,022 Posts

Originally Posted by djnice
If they are giving a high value trade-in then isn't that the same as giving a high discount off of MSRP?

On the west coast we don't see 10% discount off MSRP. Shipping cost is around $2500. If you buy on the east coast, and you want to trade, you would have to drive your car there and drive the new one back because shipping cost is too high.
That's not true. I bought my '16 C7 Z51 from Boardwalk Chevrolet in NoCal. MSRP was $61395, and I got it for $52.9K at the time. I financed through them, and in return, they shipped it for free. I also got a good deal on my trade in, which I've sent to them for $350 using Montway.com as broker for the transport.

I live in Redmond, WA, and despite my best efforts, I could only buy 1 Corvette locally out of 6 Corvettes I bought. It was from Chevy Bellevue, and it was a very hard negotiation (but they brought down the price of '12 C6 GS to $50K from $60K with loyalty rebate). The dealers here are terrible. I blame tech industry, which I'm also part of : )

If you pay MSRP or close to a Corvette, you are part of the problem.

Last edited by X25; 10-24-2016 at 01:34 AM.
Old 10-24-2016, 03:52 AM
graj6
Burning Brakes

Received 353 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by X25
That's not true. I bought my '16 C7 Z51 from Boardwalk Chevrolet in NoCal. MSRP was $61395, and I got it for $52.9K at the time. I financed through them, and in return, they shipped it for free. I also got a good deal on my trade in, which I've sent to them for $350 using Montway.com as broker for the transport.

I live in Redmond, WA, and despite my best efforts, I could only buy 1 Corvette locally out of 6 Corvettes I bought. It was from Chevy Bellevue, and it was a very hard negotiation (but they brought down the price of '12 C6 GS to $50K from $60K with loyalty rebate). The dealers here are terrible. I blame tech industry, which I'm also part of : )

Those scam artists , I know exactly what you were facing. And yes, all the dealers around here are like that, though I finally found one that is at least awesome when it comes to servicing my C7 GS. Sales departments in this area are reaping the benefits of folks with more money (tech employees, some foreign investors etc.) and less inclination to bargain.

And OP, your deal is so-so. Folks were getting 6-10% off their 'ordered' GS in the first week of allocations for the GS. MacMulkin (and Kerbeck and others) are doing 12.25% off their in-stock Grand Sports. Of course the one thing I can't account for is what your trade-in is doing to the deal. See if you can special order the car.

Get the car and options that you want. Don't compromise. But unless you intend to track it quite regularly - the Z07 option is a bit much. You can street-drive it when it's sunny and warm outside but with much quicker tire wear.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:18 AM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

Look up the Good Condition Trade in Value for your trade on KBB. Make any adjustment based on the condition of your trade.

Subtract 10% of MSRP of the new C7 to arrive at the price.

The difference between these 2 figures is a great deal, which is what you want. You want a great deal not a mediocre one, right?
Old 10-24-2016, 06:03 PM
LT4_CE
Pro

Received 148 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by X25

I bought my latest Vette at Boardwalk, too, and they're great to deal with. They really went the extra mile to make sure I was a satisfied customer. I am local.

Regarding the shipping, was that for a Vette they had on the lot, or was it for an ordered Vette? As far as I know, the dealer you buy from can arrange a courtesy delivery to any dealer in the country for an ordered Vette; the cost is only a few hundred.

If Boardwalk did that for a Vette they had on their lot, I should say that I am surprised, but knowing how they go the extra mile to make the customer happy, I wouldn't be.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:18 PM
X25
Sr.Random input generator
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,465 Likes on 1,022 Posts

Originally Posted by LT4_CE
I bought my latest Vette at Boardwalk, too, and they're great to deal with. They really went the extra mile to make sure I was a satisfied customer. I am local.

Regarding the shipping, was that for a Vette they had on the lot, or was it for an ordered Vette? As far as I know, the dealer you buy from can arrange a courtesy delivery to any dealer in the country for an ordered Vette; the cost is only a few hundred.

If Boardwalk did that for a Vette they had on their lot, I should say that I am surprised, but knowing how they go the extra mile to make the customer happy, I wouldn't be.
It was for a car on the lot. FYI, my piece of crap dealers here also refuse courtesy delivery.
Old 10-25-2016, 01:29 PM
LT4_CE
Pro

Received 148 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by X25
It was for a car on the lot. FYI, my piece of crap dealers here also refuse courtesy delivery.

I guess I'm not surprised by either of those two things.

I think Boardwalk and dealers like them get it. People have a lot of options now when it comes to buying new cars, including internet dealers and large dealers out of state. Providing outstanding customer service is a great way to make customers happy, and get new customers. The old "word of mouth" marketing is applicable when it comes to Corvettes, due to the internet and forums like this. Your local dealer lost a sale, and I hope you let them know why.

Quick Reply: Good 2017 Grand Sport Deal?