Sponsored by:

Recall and no help from Chevrolet

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 08:31 PM
Neil Baker
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by dudleyg
i answered his question in a thread he started about a week ago. If he would get in the car, start the car, put it in reverse, and look at the bottom of the screen that is showing the rear view camera, he will see 3 icons along the bottom of the screen.

1.) the left icon looks like a car with a blue area in front of it --- that represents the front view camera on 2lt and 3lt equipped cars.

2.) the center icon looks like a car with a blue area behind it --- that represents the rear view camera on a 2lt or 3lt equipped cars. That area should be highlighted in a red color border -- which mean that is the view that is active at that time.

3.) the right icon looks the rear guidelines -- if the guidelines are showing on the rear view camera, the icon border will be highlighted in a red color. If they are not showing on the screen as part of the camera image, touch the icon in the lower right corner - and that will turn on the guidelines. I have verified that several times in my car.

So, op -- do you see the 3 icon along the bottom of the screen??? Simple yes or no
no....
Old 10-25-2016, 08:36 PM
Neil Baker
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by DudleyG
I am guessing the OP will say -- he doesn't see the ICONs on the rear view camera (they are very obvious if they are on the screen) and that he didn't remember seeing them prior to the update. That means his car didn't come equipped with the latest way to control the guidelines that are found on some 2016 and most 2017 corvettes. I don't remember if he ever mentioned seeing the menu options that 2015 and some 2016 corvettes have to control the guidelines for the rear view camera. Apparently, some where in the middle, the menu options were removed but the ICONs method was not added until later on in the 2016 model year, thus some people are seeing no way to control the guidelines.

The next question would be -- while he was at the dealer, did they install any Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs) that affect the Infotainment Center which is the module that controls what you see on the screen and what is in the menus. That should show up on the invoice if they did.

Last question - did he ask the dealer to reinstall the Air Bag recall.
My answer to all of the above is NO!!
Remember, I HAD THE ABILITY TO REMOVE THE LINES BEFORE THE AIR BAG RECALL RESET! I will be meeting with my dealer again in the near future! Thanks to all for making comments and suggestions!
Old 10-25-2016, 09:09 PM
kaufmansm
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Just went out and checked mine. 16 Z51 2lt M7 built Feb 2016. No settings to turn off or on the guide lines. Guide lines are on for both front and rear cameras.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:34 AM
hksevo9
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did any of you have a tune on your 15'-16' Z06 when they did the software update for the SRS/airbag issue?
Im worried it may erase my tune lol
Old 12-09-2016, 10:45 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
Weird. My 14 has the guide lines on the rear camera, had the airbag recall done, had no settings affected, and the camera lines are still there.
same here on it.

Quick Reply: Recall and no help from Chevrolet