Sponsored by:

Recall and no help from Chevrolet

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 07:29 PM
Neil Baker
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 54 Posts

Default Recall and no help from Chevrolet

Still don't know what to think about the air bag recall as my dealer is still telling me Chevrolt says I did not have camera guide line option on my 2016 2LT Z51 coupe built on April 29, 2016. I know I had the option before. Chevrolet Customer Service rep on Corvette Forum NEVER responded to me. I'm out of town at the moment but when I return I plan to call Corporate and get to the bottom of these recall problems! These cars are too expensive to NOT BE GETTING CORRECT ANSWERS!
Old 10-24-2016, 07:32 PM
Joy c7
Drifting

Received 321 Likes on 238 Posts

Our 16 Z has the lines 2LZ.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:10 PM
probono
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 68 Posts

And this doesn't work?

The RVC system may have a
guidance line overlay that can help
the driver align the vehicle when
backing into a parking spot.
To turn the guidance lines on or off:
1. On the infotainment system,
press the Settings screen
button, or turn the MENU ****
to highlight Settings and
press MENU.
2. Select Rear Camera.
3. Select Guidance Lines and then
select Off or On.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:13 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by probono
And this doesn't work?

press MENU.
2. Select Rear Camera.
select Off or On.

thats what i m thinking, they are just turned off.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:27 PM
DudleyG
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I answered his question in a thread he started about a week ago. If he would get in the car, start the car, put it in reverse, and look at the bottom of the screen that is showing the rear view camera, he will see 3 ICONS along the bottom of the screen.

1.) The left ICON looks like a car with a blue area in front of it --- that represents the front view camera on 2lt and 3lt equipped cars.

2.) The center ICON looks like a car with a blue area behind it --- that represents the rear view camera on a 2lt or 3lt equipped cars. That area should be highlighted in a red color border -- which mean that is the view that is active at that time.

3.) The right ICON looks the rear guidelines -- if the guidelines are showing on the rear view camera, the ICON border will be highlighted in a red color. If they are NOT showing on the screen as part of the camera image, TOUCH THE ICON IN THE LOWER RIGHT CORNER - and that will turn on the guidelines. I have verified that several times in my car.

So, OP -- do you see the 3 ICON along the bottom of the screen??? Simple YES or NO
Old 10-24-2016, 08:31 PM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

My 16 never had the option to turn them off.

Last edited by Rooster OG; 10-24-2016 at 08:35 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:35 PM
dmhines
Burning Brakes

Received 227 Likes on 144 Posts

Wonder if Chevy had multiple camera suppliers and some of them didn't have lines ?
Old 10-24-2016, 09:03 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by DudleyG
I answered his question in a thread he started about a week ago. If he would get in the car, start the car, put it in reverse, and look at the bottom of the screen that is showing the rear view camera, he will see 3 ICONS along the bottom of the screen.

1.) The left ICON looks like a car with a blue area in front of it --- that represents the front view camera on 2lt and 3lt equipped cars.

2.) The center ICON looks like a car with a blue area behind it --- that represents the rear view camera on a 2lt or 3lt equipped cars. That area should be highlighted in a red color border -- which mean that is the view that is active at that time.

3.) The right ICON looks the rear guidelines -- if the guidelines are showing on the rear view camera, the ICON border will be highlighted in a red color. If they are NOT showing on the screen as part of the camera image, TOUCH THE ICON IN THE LOWER RIGHT CORNER - and that will turn on the guidelines. I have verified that several times in my car.

So, OP -- do you see the 3 ICON along the bottom of the screen??? Simple YES or NO
If OP is out of town now, he may not have the car with him to answer the question.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:25 PM
nyciti
Burning Brakes

Received 275 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by AORoads
If OP is out of town now, he may not have the car with him to answer the question.
I can answer... I do NOT know the OP but I just tried all of the above on my 16 2LT Z51 car and NONE of the settings or options are available on my car. I suspect he will be the same.
The following users liked this post:
Neil Baker (10-25-2016)
Old 10-24-2016, 11:02 PM
DudleyG
Instructor

I am guessing the OP will say -- he doesn't see the ICONs on the rear view camera (they are very obvious if they are on the screen) and that he didn't remember seeing them prior to the update. That means his car didn't come equipped with the latest way to control the guidelines that are found on some 2016 and most 2017 corvettes. I don't remember if he ever mentioned seeing the menu options that 2015 and some 2016 corvettes have to control the guidelines for the rear view camera. Apparently, some where in the middle, the menu options were removed but the ICONs method was not added until later on in the 2016 model year, thus some people are seeing no way to control the guidelines.

The next question would be -- while he was at the dealer, did they install any Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs) that affect the Infotainment Center which is the module that controls what you see on the screen and what is in the menus. That should show up on the invoice if they did.

Last question - did he ask the dealer to reinstall the Air Bag recall.

Last edited by DudleyG; 10-24-2016 at 11:04 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:38 PM
DudleyG
Instructor

Here are quick pictures of what the Review Camera Screens looks like.

This is the 2017 Review Screen with the ICONs...

This is the 2015 Review Screen that doesn't have ICONs but I do have menu options.

The Air Bag Recall has been installed on both my 2015 and 2017 Corvettes and no settings or options were changed or removed. The 2015 still has the menu options to turn the guidelines on or off and the 2017 kept the ICONs on the screen method.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:39 PM
DAFFYDRUNK
Melting Slicks

Received 289 Likes on 238 Posts

I have to do the recal and can't decide what to do. Have added factory nav. Do I put the non nav hmi in or tell them the car has been modified? If I tell them, will they update it with the nav update? will I lose my warranty? It was like pulling teeth getting travelink activated because Xm didn't have it listed as travelink capable.

Kinda thinking maybe I'll take my chances with the faulty airbag module.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:59 PM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by dmhines
Wonder if Chevy had multiple camera suppliers and some of them didn't have lines ?
I'm thinking more that they screwed up the software on some of the cars. Mine was built 9/15 and I was missing the camera line option, the 0-60 performance timer and one other thing.

I don't care about the lines because I like them. I'm pretty sure the manual says something like 'if equipped' in the instructions, which I suppose gives GM an out for not having this option but the op seems determined to get them added to his car, so I wish him luck.
Old 10-25-2016, 12:04 AM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,668 Likes on 8,311 Posts

Weird. My 14 has the guide lines on the rear camera, had the airbag recall done, had no settings affected, and the camera lines are still there.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:53 AM
HoustonMidtown
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by nyciti
I can answer... I do NOT know the OP but I just tried all of the above on my 16 2LT Z51 car and NONE of the settings or options are available on my car. I suspect he will be the same.
My 2016 has none of those options either
Old 10-25-2016, 09:16 AM
nyciti
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by HoustonMidtown
My 2016 has none of those options either

Wonder if maybe had to do with the build date of the cars? Guessing. I have Nav/PDR too.

Last edited by nyciti; 10-25-2016 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-25-2016, 09:47 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

my car is a late 16 build, has the option to have lines or not, do the lines really matter anyways ? and i had the airbag recall done and nothing changed in the car. some of had bad luck with the recall, and that is a pain for sure.

Get notified of new replies

To Recall and no help from Chevrolet

Old 10-25-2016, 09:55 AM
nyciti
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by walleyejack
my car is a late 16 build, has the option to have lines or not, do the lines really matter anyways ? and i had the airbag recall done and nothing changed in the car. some of had bad luck with the recall, and that is a pain for sure.
I could careless about the lines, honestly I try to never use the camera's. BUT I don't like all of the variation among the same car in the same year! MyLink is the worst.
Old 10-25-2016, 11:48 AM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Received 3,439 Likes on 2,059 Posts

Originally Posted by walleyejack
The lines matter to me because the closest line indicates you are 30 inches away from the closest object you will bang into. It is the short hash lines that don't go all the way across. Very handy.

Last edited by joemessman; 10-25-2016 at 11:49 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Rebel Yell (12-11-2016)
Old 10-25-2016, 08:30 PM
Neil Baker
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by probono
And this doesn't work?

press MENU.
2. Select Rear Camera.
select Off or On.
No number two.....therefor, no number three!

Quick Reply: Recall and no help from Chevrolet