Sponsored by:

Performance timer - again

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 05:33 PM
Cirrus8
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 50 Posts

Default Performance timer - again

Spent 2 hours at my local dealer getting an oil change and the three recalls taken care of. Did'nt have time to check them out until today. Anxiously set my steering wheel control to PERFORMANCE and then scrolled down and got to the FRICTION BUBBLE setting but the next setting was COOLANT TEMP!!! NO Performance Timer or Lap Timer!! Did I do something wrong? Or, did the flash not take? The seat heater works on the remote start, but I cannot tell if the Airbag/seat belt tensioner works unless I put it to the ULTIMATE test. What say you who have had this recall done sucessfully.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:35 PM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

When I had my recall done they successfully added the performance and lap timers to mine. Maybe yours didn't take.
Old 10-26-2016, 01:16 AM
defaria
Safety Car

Received 1,203 Likes on 732 Posts

Software doesn't "take" or not "take". It's either installed correctly or not correctly.
Old 10-27-2016, 02:15 PM
Cirrus8
Drifting

Default Update

I have a 2016 Z51. Got a re-flash on my performance and lap timers. The performance timer now works and is shown on the center of the tach. However, the lap timer does not. My service writer says that the lap timer only works through the infotainment screen through the PDR. He set it up and showed me how to use it. It was nothing like the instructions shown on page 100 of the owners manual. Does the lap timer work differently with vehicles that do NOT have PDR. Or, is PDR necessary for a lap timer. I am still confused.
Old 10-27-2016, 03:12 PM
Marcho Polo
Le Mans Master

Received 1,620 Likes on 739 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C8 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (stock)
2019 C7 of Year Winner (stock)
Former Moderator
Cruise-In I-II-III Veteran

Originally Posted by Cirrus8
I have a 2016 Z51. Got a re-flash on my performance and lap timers. The performance timer now works and is shown on the center of the tach. However, the lap timer does not. My service writer says that the lap timer only works through the infotainment screen through the PDR. He set it up and showed me how to use it. It was nothing like the instructions shown on page 100 of the owners manual. Does the lap timer work differently with vehicles that do NOT have PDR. Or, is PDR necessary for a lap timer. I am still confused.
My owners manual doesn't have a "Page 100" it's sections and pages, so 1-5, 2-27 or something similar.

What section and page are you looking at.
Old 10-27-2016, 03:17 PM
felkebg
Pro

Received 224 Likes on 126 Posts

I only had one recall addressed and it messed with my settings but we figured out how to make them as they were before the re-flashing. You may be getting a cumulative effect of the dealer not doing each in a prescribed order. My tech never even looked at the fine print before he did the recall and others who did not have issues had their tech follow the instructions before doing the work. Best Wishes.
Old 10-27-2016, 03:46 PM
Cirrus8
Drifting

Originally Posted by Marcho Polo
My owners manual doesn't have a "Page 100" it's sections and pages, so 1-5, 2-27 or something similar.

What section and page are you looking at.
The 2016 manual is numbered sequentially from page 2 to page 349. Page 100 describes the operation of the right steering wheel controls to open and scroll through the different items and displays.

Get notified of new replies

To Performance timer - again

Quick Reply: Performance timer - again