Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Vert window SQUEEL / SCREECH

Old 11-04-2016, 04:29 PM
jriley9922
Burning Brakes

Received 274 Likes on 173 Posts
Default 2014 Vert window SQUEEL / SCREECH

have a 2014 vert, 1lt base model. The driver side window has begun to SQUEEL very loudly... like nails on a chalk board. This is the glass going in and out of the driver door (nothing to do with the roof)

Being under bumper to bumper warranty, I took it to my dealer who basically said "we will call GM and see how we should fix this"

After running it up the GM food chain and discussing it with several people's boss's boss... i ended up with David (in Dallas) who said he was the final decision maker.
He was incredibly coy and rude. He literally would say nothing other than "we have terminated this case"

I of course said "well what does that mean?" again 'we have terminated this case'

I replied something along the lines of "whether the car is 2 years old or 2 days old... there's something wrong with the window track/seals, and this should be fixed under warranty"

again, same stonewall response from him... and when I asked various other questions, same stonewall.

Anyone else have this issue? Any dealers fix it?
My local dealership (sell and work on practically zero corvettes) said they would spray WD40 down inside the seal... of which I said "NO" then my windows are just going to be covered in grease every time I put them down."

case # 8-2420934005
Old 11-04-2016, 04:52 PM
Micster
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts

It's got to be frustrating to be treated that way by G.M. I've not encountered this, but I'll bet a bunch of peeps will weigh in soon. Couple thoughts: 1) David is not the decision-maker, everyone has a boss and I wouldn't settle for that, and 2) I'm immediately suspicious whenever anyone recommends WD-40 for ANYTHING. (it's a solvent as I'm sure you know) Hope you get this resolved ASAP.
Old 11-04-2016, 11:41 PM
jriley9922
Burning Brakes

Thanks.... I'm usually good at busting chops to move up the chain of command... But this guy seemed like a lawyer.... And before I could talk to him, I had to agree to be recorded.

The first thing I asked is if I could record him, and he said no... He would not consent.
So obviously i said well then I don't consent to being recorded.. And my options were to hang up or proceed.

Obviously he has the upper hand....
Old 11-04-2016, 11:43 PM
jriley9922
Burning Brakes

Oh yes... I offered rebuttal of "if your wiper blades were making a loud noise when you turned them on, would you hose your windshield down with wd40?". Of course they said... 'well, umm, no'
Old 11-06-2016, 09:05 AM
falconhulk
Pro

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by jriley9922
Thanks.... I'm usually good at busting chops to move up the chain of command... But this guy seemed like a lawyer.... And before I could talk to him, I had to agree to be recorded.

The first thing I asked is if I could record him, and he said no... He would not consent.
So obviously i said well then I don't consent to being recorded.. And my options were to hang up or proceed.

Obviously he has the upper hand....
This makes no sense. Clearly this would not be a huge cost even if all components involved were replaced. They normally have to give you a reason it foes not fall under warranty, such as abuse. Before the dealership called GM to see 'how to fix it', they should have figured out the exact cause. How would they know if it was a part failure under warranty unless it was identified? Even if not under warranty it still needs to be identified, suppose you chose to pay for the fix? Sounds like the dealer is bad...

Get notified of new replies

To 2014 Vert window SQUEEL / SCREECH

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 Vert window SQUEEL / SCREECH