Sponsored by:

Any tips for installing Borla x-pipe

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 12:37 PM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Received 3,439 Likes on 2,059 Posts

Originally Posted by KratosBear
Went to a muffler shop this morning to finish the install. Took them 20 to 30 miminutes to complete. But I had the oem already removed. The right side facing the car needed to be widened at the tail pipe and then slipped right on. There was some tugging and prying to have everything lined up properly but all went well.

Definite could not have finished myself while on jacket stands as I was already nervous being under the car!

End result with the borla x pipe sound... a little increase in sound.. what I do it again.... no. But, another project down!
Now remove your fuse 42 and you could get the sound you want. Otherwise the flaps in the tailpipe are not open all the time at lower speeds.
Also I don't think you really WOTd it. If you did that there is a huge difference in the sound you will have now as opposed to before.

Last edited by joemessman; 11-06-2016 at 12:39 PM.
Old 11-06-2016, 12:52 PM
KratosBear
Pro

Received 229 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by joemessman
Now remove your fuse 42 and you could get the sound you want. Otherwise the flaps in the tailpipe are not open all the time at lower speeds.
Also I don't think you really WOTd it. If you did that there is a huge difference in the sound you will have now as opposed to before.
Gotcha..l I have not...only 220 miles so far...I guess WOT is the key!
Old 11-06-2016, 04:47 PM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Received 3,439 Likes on 2,059 Posts

Originally Posted by KratosBear
Gotcha..l I have not...only 220 miles so far...I guess WOT is the key!
Yeah. You have a young one! No WOT for you yet. And since you don't have the fuse removed yet be sure to set the "sound management" for Track until you do. Or at least give it a try.

Last edited by joemessman; 11-06-2016 at 04:47 PM.
The following users liked this post:
KratosBear (11-06-2016)

Quick Reply: Any tips for installing Borla x-pipe