Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Buyers beware Bernie from BJ Motors / Viper exchange

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 03:04 PM
vinnyr
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buyers beware Bernie from BJ Motors / Viper exchange

WERE YOU TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF BY BJ MOTORS/VIPER EXCHANGE?
BUYERS BEWARE OF BERNARD KATZ BJ MOTORS/VIPER EXCHANGE!!!
​As a wronged customer of BJ Motors/ Viper Exchange located in Tomball, TX, I feel it is my moral obligation to make my experiences known to all potential customers. In my experience with Bernard Katz, BJ Motors/Viper Exchange, he misrepresented his vehicle and will not stand behind his merchandise.
​On September 13th, 2016 Bernard Katz and I entered into contract for the purchase of a 2016 Z06 Corvette with an aftermarket Redline build. Since I am located in New York and BJ Motors/Viper Exchange is located in Tomball, TX I described to Bernard what my intended use for the car would be and he told me that the 2016 Z06 Corvette would be a perfect fit. Bernard Katz gave me his word that the car was in perfect condition and mechanically sound. In good faith I took his word and proceeded with the purchase.
​When the car arrived on September 22nd, 2016 the Z06 Corvette came to me with no gas, dirty, and in need of an oil change. I cleaned the car, did the necessary maintenance and the first time I used the car it went into an engine power down mode and I was unable to drive it. I immediately contacted Bernard Katz of BJ Motors/Viper Exchange and he told me to take the Z06 to a mechanic he knew three hours away from my home, and he also stated that if the car could not be fixed that he would take the vehicle back.
​I sent numerous emails to BJ Motors/Viper Exchange with all the updates as I received them from his mechanic. Having a newly purchased vehicle in a mechanic shop that I was unable to choose was unsettling and when I voiced my concerns to Bernard Katz he again stated that he would take the Z06 back if the problem was unable to be fixed. After 4 and half weeks with my vehicle still in the mechanic shop that Bernard Katz insisted that I use the Z06 was not fixed and the mechanic stated he was unable to figure the problem out. I picked up the vehicle on November 3rd 2016, contacted Bernard Katz of BJ Motors/Viper Exchange and informed him of the situation. Bernard Katz stated he will not take back the problematic Z06.
Buyers beware!
Old 05-23-2020, 09:47 AM
Cadster
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vinnyr
WERE YOU TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF BY BJ MOTORS/VIPER EXCHANGE?
BUYERS BEWARE OF BERNARD KATZ BJ MOTORS/VIPER EXCHANGE!!!
​As a wronged customer of BJ Motors/ Viper Exchange located in Tomball, TX, I feel it is my moral obligation to make my experiences known to all potential customers. In my experience with Bernard Katz, BJ Motors/Viper Exchange, he misrepresented his vehicle and will not stand behind his merchandise.
​On September 13th, 2016 Bernard Katz and I entered into contract for the purchase of a 2016 Z06 Corvette with an aftermarket Redline build. Since I am located in New York and BJ Motors/Viper Exchange is located in Tomball, TX I described to Bernard what my intended use for the car would be and he told me that the 2016 Z06 Corvette would be a perfect fit. Bernard Katz gave me his word that the car was in perfect condition and mechanically sound. In good faith I took his word and proceeded with the purchase.
​When the car arrived on September 22nd, 2016 the Z06 Corvette came to me with no gas, dirty, and in need of an oil change. I cleaned the car, did the necessary maintenance and the first time I used the car it went into an engine power down mode and I was unable to drive it. I immediately contacted Bernard Katz of BJ Motors/Viper Exchange and he told me to take the Z06 to a mechanic he knew three hours away from my home, and he also stated that if the car could not be fixed that he would take the vehicle back.
​I sent numerous emails to BJ Motors/Viper Exchange with all the updates as I received them from his mechanic. Having a newly purchased vehicle in a mechanic shop that I was unable to choose was unsettling and when I voiced my concerns to Bernard Katz he again stated that he would take the Z06 back if the problem was unable to be fixed. After 4 and half weeks with my vehicle still in the mechanic shop that Bernard Katz insisted that I use the Z06 was not fixed and the mechanic stated he was unable to figure the problem out. I picked up the vehicle on November 3rd 2016, contacted Bernard Katz of BJ Motors/Viper Exchange and informed him of the situation. Bernard Katz stated he will not take back the problematic Z06.
Buyers beware!
Not to discount the OP’s experience, but my recent dealings were dramatically different. In early March, I purchased a 2005 Ford GT from Bernie. He was exceptional. Timely responses, deeply knowledgeable, accurate in all his representations, friendly, and accommodating on the pricing. At the time, I was really impressed and figured that it would not be the last car I would buy from Bernie. Sadly, it would be, as it turns out. Bernie passed days after my deal. In fact, that GT was probably the last car he sold. It was a shocking and stunning development (non-COVID related).

Fast forward, this week I bought a 2017 Viper ACR from Bernie’s wife, Graciela. It’s being picked up by my transporter today. She was exceptional to deal with. Very sweet lady, smart, knowledgeable, and hard working. I’ll buy more cars from her and BJ Motors in the future.

In any retail business, there’s a failure rate. Not every transaction goes as planned. My two purchases were absolutely superb. YMMV.

Quick Reply: Buyers beware Bernie from BJ Motors / Viper exchange