Sponsored by:

Pricing on factory orders

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 04:37 PM
drobbins
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Pricing on factory orders

If you have a dealer place an order from the factory can you lock in the price when you order? How do discounts work in that situation? I'm playing with the idea of placing an order through one of the big dealers mentioned here and doing a factory delivery

Thanks
Old 11-15-2016, 04:54 PM
JK 23112
Drifting

Received 962 Likes on 646 Posts

I plan to do the same thing soon as well - but sans the factory/museum delivery option.
Old 11-15-2016, 04:59 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Yes, do a purchase order and the price is locked (actually a contract). Additionally you can lock the trade-in price too. Dealers want to do a pre delivery trade but you are under no obligation to do that. My current Stingray convertible order is at 3400, TPW 11/21. Now is the time to buy!

Last edited by Larry/car; 11-15-2016 at 05:01 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Rebel Yell (11-15-2016)
Old 11-15-2016, 05:01 PM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I ordered from a forum dealer, negotiated the price and gave a deposit. It locked that price in for me, it didn't give me any better deals though if they're around later. I think the order/allocation/time to build sequence is happening fairly quickly now, so I wouldn't even be worried about that.

Museum delivery is a fun experience, I also really recommend the buyers tour if you can swing it.
Old 11-15-2016, 05:29 PM
drobbins
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm in central NC and the distance from here to kerbecks is about the same as the factory and the factory is a WAY nicer drive
Old 11-15-2016, 05:38 PM
BRomanelli
Racer

Received 108 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Ordering a vehicle

I have seriously been thinking of ordering a new Grand Sport from one of our forum vendors. The question for me is trade in value for 2015 Shark Gray coupe. 2lt Z51. I live in NC so I'm not sure how that would work. I'm not in a position to drive all the way to Kerbeck lets say and then if the deal is no good to just drive home.I guess I'm just wondering how the process works.
Bob
Old 11-15-2016, 05:47 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

When I take an order for a new Corvette I always come to agreement with the buyer on price and then provide a copy of it to him / her in writing. That document includes not only the numbers but also a complete description of the car including all relevant RPO codes.

When there's a trade involved, I provide the trade-in value in writing as well, with the understanding that if the condition of the trade changes significantly or if the additional miles driven by the time the new car arrives are excessive we have the right to re-examine the trade value. To date, I've never had to exercise that right.

One additional thing...there's no way of knowing at the time of order placement which factory incentives (if any) will be in place at the time of delivery. Any incentives that the vehicle qualifies for at that time will be honored.
Old 11-15-2016, 05:58 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by BRomanelli
I have seriously been thinking of ordering a new Grand Sport from one of our forum vendors. The question for me is trade in value for 2015 Shark Gray coupe. 2lt Z51. I live in NC so I'm not sure how that would work. I'm not in a position to drive all the way to Kerbeck lets say and then if the deal is no good to just drive home.I guess I'm just wondering how the process works.
Bob
Unless I'm mistaken (which I very well might be), Kerbeck does not do Corvette trade-ins so you'll probably want to check on that. When working with a distant dealer that does accept them, how it works will depend upon the policies of the particular dealer. Mike Furman at Criswell, for example, frequently provides his customers with "sight unseen" trade-in values. It's my experience that in such cases, the dealer requests specific information about the trade (e.g. condition, miles, equipment, etc.) from the buyer before coming up with a number. The actual honoring of that number naturally depends upon verification of the information presented when the dealer actually inspects the trade.
Old 11-15-2016, 06:58 PM
TOY 15
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BRomanelli
Bob
Just traded a loaded 2 LT Z51 2015 with 2400 miles on a Z06
Believe me, large dealers DON'T WANT your trade!!
If honest, they will tell you it will go directly to auction
You are MUCH better off selling privately (yes, I know its more trouble
but you will get thousands more vs a trade in)
Old 11-15-2016, 07:14 PM
GreenGA
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 115 Likes on 96 Posts

This is something in which I have an interest.

I'm preparing to custom order a Z06 by mid December...

Come-on December discounts.
Old 11-15-2016, 07:51 PM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenGA
This is something in which I have an interest.

I'm preparing to custom order a Z06 by mid December...

Come-on December discounts.
There's always big discounts in December, but not on orders. The object of the big December discounts is to pad the sales numbers for the end of the year and an order in December won't be built till January or February which doesn't help with those year end numbers.

As far as trades, we do take them, but we don't give numbers without seeing the car in person. If you are going to trade a car in on an order, you can pre trade it. That means we appraise it today and you trade it today and you get today's number on the car when the car comes in a few weeks later.

Dave
Old 11-15-2016, 08:00 PM
GreenGA
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 115 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave@Kerbeck.com
There's always big discounts in December, but not on orders. The object of the big December discounts is to pad the sales numbers for the end of the year and an order in December won't be built till January or February which doesn't help with those year end numbers.

As far as trades, we do take them, but we don't give numbers without seeing the car in person. If you are going to trade a car in on an order, you can pre trade it. That means we appraise it today and you trade it today and you get today's number on the car when the car comes in a few weeks later.

Dave
I'm not doing any trade, straight up sale. Z06/LBR/3LZ/M7 +++, MSRP around 99.

I keep an eye on your site on the chance you may get something in that is somewhat close to what I want. So far...

Oh well, such is life.

Glad to have you here to answer questions like this.
Old 11-15-2016, 08:56 PM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenGA
I'm not doing any trade, straight up sale. Z06/LBR/3LZ/M7 +++, MSRP around 99.

I keep an eye on your site on the chance you may get something in that is somewhat close to what I want. So far...

Oh well, such is life.

Glad to have you here to answer questions like this.
Send me the specs of the car you want via email and let me take a look at what I have coming in for December.

Dave

Get notified of new replies

To Pricing on factory orders

Quick Reply: Pricing on factory orders