Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road and Track PCOTY and mid engines

Old 12-10-2016, 02:16 PM
jackvette09
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Road and Track PCOTY and mid engines

Current issue on their Performance Car of the Year among a very strong group of 9 cars all more expensive than the Corvette Grand Sport, Corvette was 3rd with some very positive remarks by the drivers. Also regarding a price point for a possible mid engine Vette I don't think that Corvette is interested in competing with a 400K Ford however, in this group of nine 3 were mid engine vehicles with the following msrp,s; Lotus Evora 103K, Acura NSX 202K, and Audi R8 199K. This probably more realistic price range is where Corvette could compete very favorably. Just a thought.
Old 12-10-2016, 02:43 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by jackvette09
Also regarding a price point for a possible mid engine Vette I don't think that Corvette is interested in competing with a 400K Ford however, in this group of nine 3 were mid engine vehicles with the following msrp,s; Lotus Evora 103K, Acura NSX 202K, and Audi R8 199K. This probably more realistic price range is where Corvette could compete very favorably. Just a thought.
exactly why I think there isn't going to be a mid-engine Corvette, if anything it will be branded as a Cadillac, no one will pay 150k USD for a "Chevy".

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Road and Track PCOTY and mid engines