C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Corvette Stingray ACS pre-painted Lower Rocker Z06 Brake Intake Scoops@RPI Designs

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 09:42 AM
RPIDON
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 355 Likes on 323 Posts

Default C7 Corvette Stingray ACS pre-painted Lower Rocker Z06 Brake Intake Scoops@RPI Designs

2014-2017 C7 Corvette Lower Rocker Panel Vents Scoops Package from ACS Pre-Painted

If you are like the guys at the shop we have always thought the base C7 Corvette Stingray was missing a little something from the side view. What was missing was the Z06 style side vents/scoops. ACS Composites has finally come up with a great solution for all Stingray owners. These lower rocker panel scoops are available in three different styles: Standard, Non-functional kit. This is simply a bolt on kit designed for looks but not to cool the brakes. The second style is a fully functional kit designed for Z51 equipped cars. The Z51 functional kit includes all ducting and hardware to install on your Stingray. Finally, we have the fully functional kit for non-Z51 equipped cars. This kit includes all ducting and hardware to make the scoops fully functional.

The Standard, Non-Functional Kit requires only a few bolts to install. No additional cutting. The fully functional kits will require additional cutting to route the cooling ducts.

RPI Designs goes one step further as the only company to offer these in all body color painted options. If you order these in a painted body color, we only add $109.99 to your cost and will ship them in 3-4 weeks, ready for you to bolt to your Stingray. If you shop around your local body shops you'll find the price of $109.99 is a bargain and you can rest assured that your new scoops will match your C7's paint exactly since we paint and ship Corvette parts five days a week.

Standard Kit Includes

•Passenger Side Z06 Scoop Panel
•Driver Side Z06 Scoop Panel
•Passenger Side drilling / trimming template
•Driver Side drilling / trimming template
•Passenger Side Trim Bezel
•Driver Side Trim Bezel
•Mounting Hardware
•Instructions

Fully Functional Kit includes

•Passenger Side Intake Pipe
•Driver Side Intake Pipe
•Passenger Side Intermediate Duct Pipe
•Driver Side Intermediate Duct Pipe
•For Non-Z51 optioned cars
•Passenger Side Lower Brake Duct
◾Driver Side Lower Brake Duct

Fitment: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 C7 Corvette Stingray Coupe or Convertible

Item # 45-4-123

Website Link : http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item....d-body-colors/

Old 12-17-2016, 09:22 AM
KGrant
Melting Slicks

Received 1,195 Likes on 663 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021
Default ACS Composite Z06 Lower Rocker Scoops on Stingray

How do you close the gap? Close up shows a gap between bolt on part and actual body panel. How jddddd
ACS Lower Side Scoops
Actual Z06 Lower Side Scoops
Old 12-20-2016, 09:42 AM
RPIDON

Originally Posted by KGrant
How do you close the gap? Close up shows a gap between bolt on part and actual body panel. How jddddd
ACS Lower Side Scoops
Actual Z06 Lower Side Scoops

The kit was designed so someone could install it in their driveway, that is why are painted kit is unique, it is ready to go. If you are looking for a way to make them look like they were molded into the 1/4 skin like the z06 Corvettes you would need to have them glue on and apply a body chalk on the seam lines, then have them painted on the car. This process would involve a body shop and could get somewhat expensive. If you would like to discuss further you can reach me at 888-257-8515 ext 2. Thanks, Don
Old 12-20-2016, 05:01 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Ron, can you do the black front piece in Carbon Fiber for me?
Old 12-21-2016, 10:54 AM
RPIDON

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Ron, can you do the black front piece in Carbon Fiber for me?
Hi Steven, sorry I could not find Ron to ask him but Don found out yes we can it would cost $50.00 more for that special request. If you want to order it give me a call Thanks, Don
Old 03-13-2017, 11:40 PM
mikemal565
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Anybody have these installed yet?

Anyone???

More pics would be nice

I saw the video but I wanted to see real life photos
Old 03-14-2017, 12:10 AM
KGrant
Melting Slicks

I've inquiried previously but never got response from any forum Members who have purschase.
Old 03-14-2017, 12:57 PM
joeybsyc
Drifting

Received 314 Likes on 219 Posts

Me either... seems the white car in the ad is the only set ever installed, unless someone can show me otherwise.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:46 PM
Jbnick
Racer

Received 222 Likes on 113 Posts

Has anyone purchased and installed? Comments, Photos welcomed.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:09 AM
KGrant
Melting Slicks

YouTube sent me this ACS Z06 Scoops on a Stingray video today so thought I would share and it looks pretty good in that Torch Red....... I also Screenshot some pictures:

To view installation of ACS Z06 Scoops on a Stingray video click here:

Last edited by KGrant; 01-14-2018 at 10:12 AM.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:18 PM
gottspd
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I like these a lot, but i'm not comfortable doing the install. What would you charge me to do it at Carlisle this summer?
Old 01-14-2018, 12:41 PM
KGrant
Melting Slicks

The install is pretty straightforward use template and drill three holes and bolt on maximum 30-60min per side. If you show any local body shop the video and instructions and they could do easily in an hour.

I get everyone isn’t comfortable drilling into a panel which is the scary part, but if I am willing to let someone else drill the three holes to do this mod I would do myself rather than pay someone $100+ but that’s just me.

Good Luck and check with a small local body shop as on scale of 1-10 this is a 5 once you get past the fear of drilling and just align the template correctly and drill baby drill.

That said, if you don’t have any handyman skills then just pay someone but the install price which I guess would be $100-$200 but anything over $100 is taking advantage of someone because it’s straight forward for “non-functioning scoops.

Originally Posted by gottspd
I like these a lot, but i'm not comfortable doing the install. What would you charge me to do it at Carlisle this summer?

Last edited by KGrant; 01-14-2018 at 12:57 PM.
The following users liked this post:
arnoldjr (03-30-2018)
Old 01-14-2018, 01:32 PM
gottspd
Racer

Originally Posted by KGrant
The install is pretty straightforward use template and drill three holes and bolt on maximum 30-60min per side. If you show any local body shop the video and instructions and they could do easily in an hour.

I get everyone isn’t comfortable drilling into a panel which is the scary part, but if I am willing to let someone else drill the three holes to do this mod I would do myself rather than pay someone $100+ but that’s just me.

Good Luck and check with a small local body shop as on scale of 1-10 this is a 5 once you get past the fear of drilling and just align the template correctly and drill baby drill.

That said, if you don’t have any handyman skills then just pay someone but the install price which I guess would be $100-$200 but anything over $100 is taking advantage of someone because it’s straight forward for “non-functioning scoops.
I should have mentioned that I have a z51, so I'd get the functioning ones... I think I'd be okay installing the non-functioning ones (I installed side skirts, chin spoiler, z06 fender intakes and the stage 2 z06 rear wing spoiler pieces to the z51 spoiler).
Old 01-14-2018, 01:44 PM
KGrant
Melting Slicks

I have Z51 also but really don’t see a need for functional Z06 scoops. Why would one want functional when Z51 brakes are not the same as a Z06? This is merely an asthetic appearance only type modification since you are not changing any mechanics of the car. By the way, i did those same mods myself and if you did those mods you can do the functioning option in my opinion. Good Luck with whatever you decide!

Originally Posted by gottspd
I should have mentioned that I have a z51, so I'd get the functioning ones... I think I'd be okay installing the non-functioning ones (I installed side skirts, chin spoiler, z06 fender intakes and the stage 2 z06 rear wing spoiler pieces to the z51 spoiler).

Last edited by KGrant; 01-14-2018 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:09 AM
joeybsyc
Drifting

Received 314 Likes on 219 Posts

Do these fit the contours of the car accurately enough to install with 3M tape vs. 3 giant holes in your 1/4 panels? I'm guessing not, but doesn't hurt to ask.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:04 PM
KGrant
Melting Slicks

joeybsyc:
Great Question of using a thin 3M Tape so that if you don't like and/or want to sell your car then you can easily remove and also it avoids drilling three hole with something you might not like. I would volunteer to be a test case for RPIDON on my Arctic White Z51 if they are interested.

RPIDON: Have you considered two-sided tape as an alternative? And, I will be a test mule if you like?

Originally Posted by joeybsyc
Do these fit the contours of the car accurately enough to install with 3M tape vs. 3 giant holes in your 1/4 panels? I'm guessing not, but doesn't hurt to ask.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:36 PM
PegasusCapital
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 119 Likes on 95 Posts

From a distance these scoops look pretty good and the installation process for the non-functional version is pretty straightforward. But if you have a Z51 why not get the extra brake-cooling benefits by installing the functional scoops?

Problem is, I have yet to see an installation video for the functional scoops nor have I ever seen a CF post from any one who has installed them. It's great to bolt on a piece of plastic so your car looks "cooler", but why not get the actual cooling benefit of the functional scoops?

Is there an installation video available for the functional scoops? Has anyone installed them? If so, your comments and photos would be appreciated.
The following users liked this post:
MyDarkAngel (09-09-2021)

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Corvette Stingray ACS pre-painted Lower Rocker Z06 Brake Intake Scoops@RPI Designs

Old 01-16-2018, 01:55 PM
KGrant
Melting Slicks

I don't track my car and drive it aggressively on when I find an open road here and there so I don't think I would be putting out the ordinary stress on the brakes that would require additional cooling

However, I am not a mechanic or gear head and I am taking the lazy mode of non-functional and also taking into consideration the need to reverse if I ever sold the car which I don't anticipate but never say never.

Originally Posted by PegasusCapital
From a distance these scoops look pretty good and the installation process for the non-functional version is pretty straightforward. But if you have a Z51 why not get the extra brake-cooling benefits by installing the functional scoops?

Problem is, I have yet to see an installation video for the functional scoops nor have I ever seen a CF post from any one who has installed them. It's great to bolt on a piece of plastic so your car looks "cooler", but why not get the actual cooling benefit of the functional scoops?

Is there an installation video available for the functional scoops? Has anyone installed them? If so, your comments and photos would be appreciated.
Old 01-20-2018, 11:00 AM
gottspd
Racer

RPI... Let me know about the install...
Old 01-28-2018, 06:54 PM
KGrant
Melting Slicks

I received an email from ACS and the content of the email is below. It appears that he Brake scoop is available for Camaro owners which brings to mind a few thoughts.

1) by leveraging the same part to be available to both Stingray and Camaro could this help lower the cost of $500 and perhaps it would interest more people and create demand. I think a lot of people would take the risk of spending $300-$350 on a mod that they are unsure they would like but would be work the gamble and could always resell for $200-$250 if you didn't like because it look too much like a tack on. Just explaining my logic on why I haven't pulled the trigger as I think $500 is too high for me.

2) RPI had mentioned in the original post last year when members asked for pictures of the part on real owners cars and the reply was none have be provided. Is that still the case or are the sales volumes low. Word of mouth is the best seller on the forum and we just haven't seen anything posted by members.

3) Many of the concerns were about drilling three holes into each panel that is non-reversible without big expense to repair and or if they decided to sell car and wanted to return to stock becomes problematic.

4) As a result of bullet point #3 above ^^^^^, it has been asked can the part come with option tape for installation so it could be reversed just because you don't like the look and/or to return to stock.

In summary, I am providing consumer feedback from other corvette owners have had about the part rear brake scoop.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACS Composite 2016+ Camaro Rear Brake Scoop (48-4-047)

Available for the 2016+ Camaro SS, LT, LS, & RS, the ACS Composite scoops are a cross-over from our Corvette product line. The idea came from consumer demand to make a brake scoop for their Camaro. You can see the Brake Scoop on a C7 Stingray below.

Now, you might be saying, "Great, that looks cool, but is the scoop even functional? Will it add anything other than looks?" And the answer: Of course! We've added the option to direct airflow to your rear wheels for better cooling--Air is funneled into the scoop and towards the brake system!

The brake scoop is compatible with both ACS existing side skirts, as well as Camaros without any side rockers, and is manufactured in RTM Composite (the same material as an ACS Composite side skirt). Color matching is available upon request.

Last edited by KGrant; 01-28-2018 at 07:03 PM.

Quick Reply: C7 Corvette Stingray ACS pre-painted Lower Rocker Z06 Brake Intake Scoops@RPI Designs