Sponsored by:

C7 clear door sill protectors

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 08:31 AM
roadcandy
Heel & Toe

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LIE2ME
I also tried both. The sill protectors were TERRIBLE. Ruined my carpet, scratched the plastic trim around the sills. BAD, BAD BAD!!
I have the hard plastic protectors and love them. All you need to do is once fitted look to see where it might touch the paint then add clear stick on bumpers see photo. No damage at all and great protection.
Attached Images  

Last edited by roadcandy; 01-03-2017 at 08:40 AM.
Old 01-03-2017, 03:12 PM
jagamajajaran
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,512 Likes on 2,317 Posts
C7 & C8 Events Correspondent
Tech Contributor
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year (track prepared)
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C7 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
2015 C7 of the Year
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Xpel looks much better if you're going for both function and aesthetics.
Old 02-25-2017, 02:04 AM
VETTE-NV
16 Vettes and counting…..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,141 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by roadcandy
I have the hard plastic protectors and love them. All you need to do is once fitted look to see where it might touch the paint then add clear stick on bumpers see photo. No damage at all and great protection.
I bought these and after a couple of weeks, I could see some light damage to the edge of the polished doorsill and a little bit to the paint, all of which could be polished away. It seems like they also made the doors harder to close....so something is rubbing somewhere. I think I'll use them only when the car is going in for service. The clear, stick-on bumpers sound like good idea, but I would think they might raise the plastic protector even more, making it difficult to close the door. How thick are the bumpers you used and did it affect the closing of your doors??
Old 02-25-2017, 07:49 AM
Red C8 of Jax
Safety Car

Received 1,112 Likes on 752 Posts

Originally Posted by traronf
I have them and use them when I have my car serviced. Never had a problem using them that way and would not leave them on permanently. In my opinion I would rather chance any damage from them vs. what could happen when the car is in for service.
Use mine when I take my car in for service. They will scratch your door frame.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:00 AM
LIE2ME
Le Mans Master

Received 4,562 Likes on 1,643 Posts

Originally Posted by VETTE-NV
I bought these and after a couple of weeks, I could see some light damage to the edge of the polished doorsill and a little bit to the paint, all of which could be polished away. It seems like they also made the doors harder to close....so something is rubbing somewhere. I think I'll use them only when the car is going in for service. The clear, stick-on bumpers sound like good idea, but I would think they might raise the plastic protector even more, making it difficult to close the door. How thick are the bumpers you used and did it affect the closing of your doors??
Beware, the Velcro is so strong it will SHRED your carpet after repeated installation and removal...
The following 2 users liked this post by LIE2ME:
Red C8 of Jax (06-03-2017), VETTE-NV (02-25-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 09:10 AM
richie15
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Dif
I put the plastic covers on shortly after getting my C7
Long story short, I took them off and put Xpel on :
I did exactly the same thing. The covers started leaving marks,some of which are still there.
Old 05-31-2017, 10:19 AM
sanman55
Racer

Received 158 Likes on 106 Posts
Default clear door sill protectors

I found they demaged mine too. This my first corvertte stingray ever...at 70 I never thought I would have one..
Anyway I was heart broken but a detailer said he could buff it out..I call them smudge scratches..should have know better...I just figured they were ok.. cause they are advateriZed hear...anyway...I have tried calling the mfg..in atlanta but no one has answered..

I LOVE THIS CAR....everytime I get in it I get this big grin...
I found the xpel and ordered the black...my vette is the longbeach red metalic...I thought it would look good with the black and red...I tried scratch remover, clay bar and really good polish and the marks are still there...live and learn...

Last edited by sanman55; 06-02-2017 at 04:18 PM. Reason: correct my statement

Quick Reply: C7 clear door sill protectors