Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When will wi-fi be usable?
Old 03-18-2017, 06:22 PM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Boiler_81
I was intrigued when the control was announced. After reading all 22 pages of this thread, I'm going to have to buy myself an early birthday present before I get my car out of winter hibernation.
5 pages. Go into your forum settings and set it to 100 posts per page.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:13 PM
RKCRLR
Le Mans Master

Received 6,152 Likes on 3,380 Posts

Originally Posted by DSC Sport
before swapping out bars. run the DSC controller the MR shocks have a big range and load determines the range you may find out the performance gets way better and so does the ride.
I was just curious about how the DSC controller may change the approach of tuning the springs and stabilizer bars. I don't plan on changing any components. If I change anything, it will just be uploading different settings.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:19 PM
RKCRLR
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Dif
^ That's what he's going to do
I was just curious if anyone else put Tour Plush in a Base w/MSRC.
Initially I wondered if Tour Plush might be too much considering the Base, even with MSRC, is already a fairly soft suspension compared to all the other suspensions
I have a Z51 and loaded the Tour Plush settings. I notice a little float with the setting. It takes longer to settle now than it did with the stock controller when I go over a big undulation. I haven't tried the "stock" setting for the DSC controller. I may try it once Wi-Fi is enabled just to check it out.
The following users liked this post:
Dif (03-26-2017)
Old 03-25-2017, 06:41 PM
cheapthrills
Melting Slicks

Received 441 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by RKCRLR
I have a Z51 and loaded the Tour Plush settings. I notice a little float with the setting. It takes longer to settle now than it did with the stock controller when I go over a big undulation. I haven't tried the "stock" setting for the DSC controller. I may try it once Wi-Fi is enabled just to check it out.
I believe the only difference in the plush tour and the stock setting is when your in tour, the sport and track are the same I believe (some one correct me if this is wrong). I have noticed that going over 30mph type speed humps even in sport there is a weird kind of floating sensation that was not with the stock controller. It corrects quickly but is a strange difference.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:11 AM
0DSC Sport
Former Vendor

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Try driving in the sport setting if the float feeling is gone you will want to download the standard mag file. I always leave my car in sport I like the steering exhaust and love the ride.
Happy tuning
Old 03-26-2017, 11:39 AM
RKCRLR
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by DSC Sport
Try driving in the sport setting if the float feeling is gone you will want to download the standard mag file. I always leave my car in sport I like the steering exhaust and love the ride.
Happy tuning
If I'm cruising on the freeway (with the flow of traffic) or following a long line of cars I have my car in Tour mode. Once I get a chance to pass and the road has opened up in front of me I put the car in Sport mode. The float is definitely not there in Sport mode. My comment about the float was more of an observation, not a complaint. If it is true that that the Z51 with MSRC actually has the softest springs (even softer than base) it would make sense that I get more float than a GS/Z06 using the Plush file (or would it?). I'll probably try the standard file some time in the future when I have time to do a good comparison. If I notice a harsher ride in Tour mode I'd probably go back to the Plush file. The car definitely feels more "planted" with the DSC controller in Sport mode than it did with the OEM controller.
Thanks
Old 03-26-2017, 02:28 PM
Dif
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 716 Likes on 436 Posts

If I'm cruising on the freeway (with the flow of traffic) or following a long line of cars I have my car in Tour mode. Once I get a chance to pass and the road has opened up in front of me I put the car in Sport mode. The float is definitely not there in Sport mode. My comment about the float was more of an observation, not a complaint. If it is true that that the Z51 with MSRC actually has the softest springs (even softer than base) it would make sense that I get more float than a GS/Z06 using the Plush file (or would it?). I'll probably try the standard file some time in the future when I have time to do a good comparison. If I notice a harsher ride in Tour mode I'd probably go back to the Plush file. The car definitely feels more "planted" with the DSC controller in Sport mode than it did with the OEM controller.
Thanks
My DSC Controller did Not have Tour Plush when I ordered it.
I installed Tour Plush afterwards, and it's Noticeably softer.
If you install the DSC OEM Tour file, you will notice it is "slightly" stiffer and does not float as much, but it is not Harsh by any means.
Still a noticeable improvement in ride over the GM OEM Controller setup.

I agree with your comments, .. with Tour Plush passing over a short quick rise and drop in the road, the suspension will go up and down, then settle.
I only notice it at Highway speeds when it's nice to have a comfortable ride.
RKCRLR (03-26-2017)
Old 03-26-2017, 03:31 PM
AaronZ51
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 520 Likes on 295 Posts

I've got a Z06 w/Z07 package; installed my controller a week ago and loaded the "tour/plush" settings like a lot of you did. It reminds me of an older car now with the "float" sensation hitting uneven pavement - it absorbs railroad tracks where you only hear but don't feel them but it also is now too soft for my taste. I got on the car on an uphill sweeper with a bridge joist thrown in - the car didn't firm up as I'd anticipated under hard acceleration and was very "loose" and not planted over that section of pavement. Seems you must switch to Sport mode if you switch to spirited driving.

I'm going to try the non-plush tour that originally came loaded on the DSC controller for comparison purposes. In sport mode, the car feels awesome - it rides better and is a more comfortable setting for daily driving than the OEM tour mode was. As many had suggested, I left the USB cable plugged in just so I could update/change settings.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:54 PM
0DSC Sport
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Dif
My DSC Controller did Not have Tour Plush when I ordered it.
I installed Tour Plush afterwards, and it's Noticeably softer.
If you install the DSC OEM Tour file, you will notice it is "slightly" stiffer and does not float as much, but it is not Harsh by any means.
Still a noticeable improvement in ride over the GM OEM Controller setup.

I agree with your comments, .. with Tour Plush passing over a short quick rise and drop in the road, the suspension will go up and down, then settle.
I only notice it at Highway speeds when it's nice to have a comfortable ride.
remember you can tune the plush as well if its slightly floaty and needs a little hydraulic nose go to Gtable in the tour mode the lower left dialogue is default go from 1 to 5 hit update then write the Gtable make sure in settings that you are writing to table 1
that will eliminate that feeling try it
Dif (03-26-2017)
Old 03-27-2017, 12:52 AM
Bunk
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 69 Posts
Default LA freeways

I have not experienced this float (or floating) that others recently have talked about in Touring mode. I experienced my Z51 maintains a higher attitude than previously when the road is uneven or undulating. I rate that as improvement over stock.

DSC Sport controller gave improved ride on LA freeways, which are so washboard and bumpy. It was noticible making the ride bearable for the first time ever. It solves the problem of shock response time on hard and complex uneven road surfaces. And response when accelerating in Touring feels like Sport at the outset

I drove mountain roads CA 74, 18, 38 all of which are demanding on suspension during high speed turning, with very positive results.

On mountain roads she was a tiger in Sport, with the most noticeable improvement coming out of a turn when applying throttle. She stood up and excellerated right now. Breaking going into turns gave me a more confident feel just before downshifting.

I verify the DSC sport is a significant improvement on mountain roads at high speed and on CA freeways.

Bunk
Foosh (03-27-2017)
Old 03-27-2017, 12:58 AM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,668 Likes on 8,311 Posts

Bunk,

I suspect you're using the standard pre-loaded DSC settings, which I agree are great. The "floaty" behavior referred to here is from those who have loaded "Tour Plush," as a result of customer demand.

Even the standard Tour DSC settings provide a much better ride than OEM Tour.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:36 PM
Dif
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 716 Likes on 436 Posts

In and effort to try and Clarify, this might be redundant so bare with me.
IMO the car is not constantly Floating down the road, and not sure if Float is the word to use.

Tour Plush is a Very, Very, smooth ride, but still planted and controlled cruising along, especially going over a stretch of really rough road.

Aside from the "even" Softer ride with Tour Plush, here's what I notice Tour Plush does that the OEM DSC Tour does not.
When going over a short but gradual Smooth Hump in the road at speed and the car comes down off the hump, the body will Noticeably sink down and rise up, then stabilize.
It does not keep bouncing/floating up and down like it has bad shocks

Tour Plush may not be for everyone.
IMO it's a true Tour setting and I like it the way it is.
As I mentioned in another post, with aggressive throttle and smooth sweeping turns or a 360 degree exit ramp, the car stays planted to the road and pushes straight through.
Under sharp quick repetitive maneuvers it might be too soft.
If, it was the only ride/handling setting, then I would want something tighter.
But with Sport and Track to choose from, I personally don't want to tighten up the Tour Plush settings.
At least not at this time
The following 2 users liked this post by Dif:
AaronZ51 (03-27-2017), RKCRLR (03-27-2017)
Old 03-27-2017, 09:13 PM
RKCRLR
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Dif
In and effort to try and Clarify, this might be redundant so bare with me.
IMO the car is not constantly Floating down the road, and not sure if Float is the word to use.

Tour Plush is a Very, Very, smooth ride, but still planted and controlled cruising along, especially going over a stretch of really rough road.

Aside from the "even" Softer ride with Tour Plush, here's what I notice Tour Plush does that the OEM DSC Tour does not.
When going over a short but gradual Smooth Hump in the road at speed and the car comes down off the hump, the body will Noticeably sink down and rise up, then stabilize.
It does not keep bouncing/floating up and down like it has bad shocks

Tour Plush may not be for everyone.
IMO it's a true Tour setting and I like it the way it is.
As I mentioned in another post, with aggressive throttle and smooth sweeping turns or a 360 degree exit ramp, the car stays planted to the road and pushes straight through.
Under sharp quick repetitive maneuvers it might be too soft.
If, it was the only ride/handling setting, then I would want something tighter.
But with Sport and Track to choose from, I personally don't want to tighten up the Tour Plush settings.
At least not at this time
I agree. The rebound is still more controlled than most of the sedans on the road. If I want a more controlled ride I have a **** for that.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:23 AM
csixweapon
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment

I agree. The rebound is still more controlled than most of the sedans on the road. If I want a more controlled ride I have a **** for that.
Anyone in Kansas City that can recommend a dealer or race shop to execute the preferred alignment?
Old 04-06-2017, 10:35 AM
0DSC Sport
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by csixweapon
Anyone in Kansas City that can recommend a dealer or race shop to execute the preferred alignment?
that question should go to RHeck thats in his area I think he had both his 2015 and his 2017 aligned
Old 04-06-2017, 11:20 AM
rikhek
Safety Car

Received 860 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by csixweapon
I'm in Tulsa and a good ways from Kansas City, however, forum member Bishman previously posted and answer to your question.

FWIW, the Search Engine is your friend. I did a title search on the two words "Kansas Alignment" and got an answer to your question in about 5 seconds....

I just wanted to let all of you guys know about Santa Fe Garage in Independence, MO. Owned by Greg who is a perfectionist and great to work with.

I had the ride height adjusted; alignment set to DSC settings; brake ducts installed; brakes bled, and oil/filter changed yesterday. Really happy with the results and the care that Greg showed to the car.

Greg only uses state of the art Hunter tyre and wheel equipment, so I'd strongly recommend him for all of your wheel, tyre, alignment needs along with loads of other things.

http://www.santafegarage.com

Bish

Get notified of new replies

To DSC Sport Magnetic Shock controller observations

Old 04-07-2017, 12:47 PM
spearfish25
Melting Slicks

Received 727 Likes on 479 Posts

Regarding the 'floaty' feeling in Plush Tour mode:

I was noticing that a small rise or dip would make the car undulate up and down when using the plush Tour mode in the DSC profiles. While generally comfortable, I wasn't happy with this lack of body control. A few others noticed this as well and Mike jumped right in with a tweak. He suggested increasing the default G-comfort parameter to 5.0 rather than 1.0. He described this as 'more hydraulic nose'. While this means nothing to me, I gave his suggestion a try. Boom. No more floaty feeling. Mike is spot on. Spot on.

Last edited by spearfish25; 04-07-2017 at 12:47 PM.
Old 04-07-2017, 01:14 PM
cheapthrills
Melting Slicks

Received 441 Likes on 292 Posts

If we ever see WIFI available on this I would either go back to the regular file or give this a try. I don't use touring mode enough to get back into the fender.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:52 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Originally Posted by cheapthrills
If we ever see WIFI available on this I would either go back to the regular file or give this a try. I don't use touring mode enough to get back into the fender.
I posted previously how to get in to Wi-Fi.

Quick Reply: DSC Sport Magnetic Shock controller observations