Sponsored by:

General measurements question

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2022, 07:35 AM
BasementSupercarBuil
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default General measurements question

Let me start off by saying that I am new to the forum and I do not own a Corvette. I am building a car of my own design from scratch and using a lot of Corvette parts, C5 suspension, C7 interior parts, etc... I am working on locating the heating and AC box that houses the heater core and AC evaporator, I'm not sure exactly what this assembly is called. I was curious if someone here that owns a C7 could maybe give me two measurements to help me locate this assembly into my car in the correct location. I have found several pictures of a C7 cutaway online that help tremendously but I would like some measurements. I need to know the distance from the floor of the car to the bottom of the blower motor (fan) metal cover, this will help me determine the height of the assembly. I would also like to know the distance of the little vent on the drivers feet from the center line of the car, this will help me locate the assembly (left to right). I am including a picture or two of what I am working on for your viewing pleasure. For anyone wanting to see more of my car build, you can find me on YouTube @ Basement Supercar Build.

Thanks so much guys
Roger

Last edited by BasementSupercarBuil; 06-09-2022 at 01:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Art17 (06-09-2022)
Old 06-11-2022, 06:40 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,217 Likes on 3,459 Posts

Interesting project (reminds me of my wasted youth). However, it's not altogether clear, at least to me, exactly where you want measurements from/to. Looking at the scope of your project I think it would be far better--and well worth the effort--to contact a local Vette/car club and find one to measure to your hearts content. All the best!

Quick Reply: General measurements question