Sponsored by:

2017 Grand Sport Collectors Edition Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 09:41 PM
Blue award
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mountainears
I've had mine for a short time and haven't been able to drive it much with all the rains here, but the smile still can't be wiped from my face, so I can relate, enjoy!

Any options on yours that I should list in the registry, or is it N all across? Many seemed to come with the battery protection package and the front plate mount, but not all.
It came with the cargo mat and as you mentioned red calipers. Also, on your spreadsheet you have Marble Falls in Ca but it's actually Tx.
The following 2 users liked this post by Blue award:
JasonInTexas (08-21-2022), mountainears (02-23-2017)
Old 02-23-2017, 12:31 AM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 988 Likes on 609 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Blue award
It came with the cargo mat and as you mentioned red calipers. Also, on your spreadsheet you have Marble Falls in Ca but it's actually Tx.
Updated, thanks!
Old 02-23-2017, 05:46 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Found a car in the 600's today, #642, a Coupe in New Mexico.

I'm working on getting a complete run list too, I may have found a source for that. If that works out I'll get the listing of every one that was built. Hopefully some news by next week.
The following users liked this post:
eamespm (02-24-2017)
Old 02-24-2017, 09:26 AM
Al@MatickChevy
Premium Supporting Dealership

Received 139 Likes on 87 Posts

We still have #252 #258 #373 #409 #424 #455 #470 #271 #453 available.

#455 AND #271 Have Bonus tags on them.

Call or email if you guys have questions on builds or availability.

Alan Johnson
George Matick Chevrolet
Performance Vehicle Sales Manager
ajohnson@matickchevy.com
(313)532-2814
http://www.matickchevy.com/
JasonInTexas (08-21-2022)
Old 02-24-2017, 09:31 AM
Al@MatickChevy

Originally Posted by Judgment Day
Not to give out too much information from what I was told, but the dealer inventory section of the C7 Forum indicates that #285 has been sold over at George Matick. They're really doing a good job over there.
We appreciate the Forum support! #285 took its maiden voyage yesterday morning. I'll report back any sales of the CE cars to this thread.

All of our Collector cars are stored in our showroom with plastic intact as well as build and batch sheets.

I really love this car! if I play my cards right, maybe one will end up in my garage!
The following 3 users liked this post by Al@MatickChevy:
eamespm (02-24-2017), JasonInTexas (08-21-2022), mountainears (02-24-2017)
Old 02-24-2017, 10:21 AM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Al@MatickChevy
We appreciate the Forum support! #285 took its maiden voyage yesterday morning. I'll report back any sales of the CE cars to this thread.

All of our Collector cars are stored in our showroom with plastic intact as well as build and batch sheets.

I really love this car! if I play my cards right, maybe one will end up in my garage!
Appreciate the update on this! If able, let the new owners know about the forum and the registry so we can keep track! Always looking for ways to get info on what is out there!

You dealership has quite the collection, outside the factory probably the last time that many of them will be together in one place. Would be cool to see a pic of them all lined up :-)
Old 02-24-2017, 03:31 PM
john m
Drifting

Received 250 Likes on 66 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'06

We'll plan to get together at Corvettes at Carlisle in 2027 for a 10 year reunion like the '96 owners did in 2006!
The following 2 users liked this post by john m:
clgraf85 (07-31-2020), JasonInTexas (08-21-2022)
Old 02-24-2017, 04:45 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by john m
We'll plan to get together at Corvettes at Carlisle in 2027 for a 10 year reunion like the '96 owners did in 2006!
That would be very cool, although I'm not sure I'll be up for that long of a drive in 10 years. Who knows though!
Old 02-24-2017, 05:24 PM
Al@MatickChevy

Originally Posted by mountainears
Appreciate the update on this! If able, let the new owners know about the forum and the registry so we can keep track! Always looking for ways to get info on what is out there!

You dealership has quite the collection, outside the factory probably the last time that many of them will be together in one place. Would be cool to see a pic of them all lined up :-)
I'll see what I can do. #31 was sold a few months back out of our store too.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:29 PM
Judgment Day
Burning Brakes

Received 218 Likes on 153 Posts

So, some good news and bad news. I've been debating for some time about whether to get the CE or not over the past few weeks. Well, unfortunately, I will not be getting this particular vehicle...but, I officially placed my Grand Sport order from the dealership and Al@MatickChevy himself earlier this morning

Mountainears, you were among the many topics we talked about during the order process, and we commend your efforts on making this thread happen. Extremely detailed...and not only is it useful information now, think of what value it will have down the road...! I'll continue to contribute however I can, and glance at the many CE's as I visit the Matick dealership as long as they're available (he seems to get more each time I visit)!

By the way, when they had the five in stock, they were lined up in the corner, but they did some shuffling around and are scattered about. I think Al@MatickChevy's plan is to have them grouped together in time. I'm interested in seeing who buys that souped up 100K Z06
The following 2 users liked this post by Judgment Day:
Al@MatickChevy (02-25-2017), JasonInTexas (08-21-2022)
Old 02-24-2017, 10:07 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

That's awesome news about the order and thanks for the kind words. I always look for a way to contribute in these forums because I get so much out of them!

They had so many in stock there, curious as to what they were missing that drove you to order one and wait :-). The one month I had to wait for mine nearly killed me!
Judgment Day (02-25-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 09:34 AM
Al@MatickChevy

Here's a few nice shots. The pic of the single car is #285
Attached Images    
The following 4 users liked this post by Al@MatickChevy:
eamespm (02-27-2017), Judgment Day (02-25-2017), KGrant (01-07-2021), mountainears (02-25-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 10:14 AM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Crazy amount of Corvette's there!

That first picture is what I was talking about, nice!

Originally Posted by Al@MatickChevy
Here's a few nice shots. The pic of the single car is #285
Attached Images  
Al@MatickChevy (02-27-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 02:55 PM
Judgment Day
Burning Brakes

Well, it was my intent to get a C7 since I saw one on the freeway back in 2014 when I was house shopping, but didn't start shopping for one until I knew I had enough saved up for a solid down payment. Thought that was going to be sometime next year, but ended up accomplishing my goal a year early.

It was at that point where I had an idea what I wanted but the CE wasn't on the radar for purchasing until I asked Al@MatickChevy about them after my first visit late last year. I figured "I'm not going to buy it, but I might as well see it". Fast forward a couple of months and I made a random visit to the 5 car lineup in the pictures above and it got me debating: I actually DO have the budget to get one of these. So I can either get a souped up 2LT or a CE (which is 3LT by default).

The kicker was the ordering process that will end sooner than expected versus the target date when I intend to make the purchase which was late-April / early-May. I didn't want to be put in a position where the CE that I wanted was gone, and I couldn't place an order when late April rolled around. So I placed a sample order just in case but didn't want to hold the dealership hostage if a customer was willing to buy the one I was targeting when I visited for the actual order. That "target" was #285 which was mentioned a few days ago. Not bitter actually, and it made my decision substantially easier. In fact, I wanted to meet the buyer, but he stopped by on Thursday, and I showed up the day after.

End result was getting a Grand Sport 2LT with almost 14k (MSRP) in add-ons. Same general scheme as the CE minus some of the perks that the CE and 3LT provides but with a red color scheme where the Tension Blue is located.
JasonInTexas (08-21-2022)
Old 02-25-2017, 03:46 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Well, it was my intent to get a C7 since I saw one on the freeway back in 2014 when I was house shopping, but didn't start shopping for one until I knew I had enough saved up for a solid down payment. Thought that was going to be sometime next year, but ended up accomplishing my goal a year early.

It was at that point where I had an idea what I wanted but the CE wasn't on the radar for purchasing until I asked Al@MatickChevy about them after my first visit late last year. I figured "I'm not going to buy it, but I might as well see it". Fast forward a couple of months and I made a random visit to the 5 car lineup in the pictures above and it got me debating: I actually DO have the budget to get one of these. So I can either get a souped up 2LT or a CE (which is 3LT by default).

The kicker was the ordering process that will end sooner than expected versus the target date when I intend to make the purchase which was late-April / early-May. I didn't want to be put in a position where the CE that I wanted was gone, and I couldn't place an order when late April rolled around. So I placed a sample order just in case but didn't want to hold the dealership hostage if a customer was willing to buy the one I was targeting when I visited for the actual order. That "target" was #285 which was mentioned a few days ago. Not bitter actually, and it made my decision substantially easier. In fact, I wanted to meet the buyer, but he stopped by on Thursday, and I showed up the day after.

End result was getting a Grand Sport 2LT with almost 14k (MSRP) in add-ons. Same general scheme as the CE minus some of the perks that the CE and 3LT provides but with a red color scheme where the Tension Blue is located.

Ahh, guess I misread your last post, I thought you ordered a CE :-)

You're car sounds awesome though, a great color. Honestly, if I was ordering my own I would have a difficult time paying the uptick for the CE package. Would depend of course on my situation at the time, but that kind of money can go a long ways towards other options. I'm thrilled to have mine of course, but came to me a different way as you know!
Old 02-27-2017, 06:41 PM
Sp4rks
Heel & Toe

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Finally got some pictures of #221 for you. Had the car detailed, paint corrected, and had them do a ceramic paint coating. Blake from Drop Detailing here in SLC took these photos while working on the car. I highly recommend his service for anyone in the area.

The following 2 users liked this post by Sp4rks:
JasonInTexas (08-21-2022), mountainears (03-01-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 08:24 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,760 Likes on 3,176 Posts

haven't checked in this thread since i posted on the first day.. lots of fun catching up and congrats to all of you guys.. can't wait to see the breakdown of models and options within the CE...

Get notified of new replies

To 2017 Grand Sport Collectors Edition Owners Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 07:36 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

I have the registry up to over 300 cars now! It's become obsessive of me now to search for these things, I'm feeling like if I don't catch them while they are on the dealer websites we may never get a comprehensive listing. We'll get some data from Chevy in regards to the number of verts vs coupes, maybe Z07 optioned, etc, some general statistics. But getting the level of detail I'm getting now may not be as easily obtained at a later date without plowing through archive data at the museum, so what the heck!

The most expensive one I've seen to date is still sitting over at Van Chevrolet in Scottsdale, AZ. Maybe some baseball players will buy it during spring training....

$105,715 MSRP, which is well into a well optioned Z06 territory, so I think it may be a tough sell.

It's #411 A8 w/Z07, Comp Seats, Visual CF Ground Effects, Carbon Fiber Tonneau and Rear Spoiler and includes the fully rendered Grand Sport car cover.
The following 2 users liked this post by mountainears:
JasonInTexas (08-21-2022), Splitter (04-26-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 03:58 PM
Judgment Day
Burning Brakes

So...some questions:

1) Will you be taking the 150 cars that will be designated for sale outside of the US into consideration? I have no idea how their builds and their numeric sequence numbers will come into play.

2) Anyone have any insight on how the last produced car is treated when for limited editions such as the CE? I know #1 is a pretty big deal, but #1000 (or whatever the last numeric value of that car will be) might be a special catch as well.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:07 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

So...some questions:

1) Will you be taking the 150 cars that will be designated for sale outside of the US into consideration? I have no idea how their builds and their numeric sequence numbers will come into play.

2) Anyone have any insight on how the last produced car is treated when for limited editions such as the CE? I know #1 is a pretty big deal, but #1000 (or whatever the last numeric value of that car will be) might be a special catch as well.
My understanding is that the ones overseas are not being done in any special sequencing or at the end of the run. So far I've seen stories that only five will go to Japan and 30 are going to the Middle East. I haven't seen any other specifics and the sequencing side of it is stuff I've heard from a couple sources but can't verify for certain.

I would love to include the international ones here if I can get the data of course, we'll see how that goes.

As far as the last car in the run goes, I don't recall hearing much about those, it is usually the first one. I do recall with my 90's Impala SS there was a bit of fanfare about the last one that was built and the guy that bought it was a big collector of 1st and last cars. It usually takes some connections getting the first or the last, or purchasing at an auction, from what I've seen.

Quick Reply: 2017 Grand Sport Collectors Edition Owners Thread