Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 interior question

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 02:37 PM
dashotgun
Melting Slicks

Received 505 Likes on 292 Posts

for a few quid more you can get them hydrographed or painted. In person they are not that bad really and I am picky. The interior is light years beyond the C6. I am only going to get my steering wheel trim updated the rest can stay stock. The car for the performance level is a bargain, they put the money into the chassis and engine. My Audi has a nicer interior but for the same money as an S4 I have a convertible z-51...
Old 02-02-2017, 03:15 PM
Maxpowers
Le Mans Master

Received 2,727 Likes on 1,827 Posts

OP - do you have the option of ordering one new and customize it the way you want? This is what I did as I live in a relatively small corvette market.
Old 02-02-2017, 03:35 PM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Received 3,818 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter_K
While that may be the case, my post was correcting someone who stated it was included in 2LT. I didn't want the OP to have incorrect information.
What you said could easily have put the OP in a similar situation. Both the original statement you felt compelled to correct and yours were absolutes when, in fact, the full answer is as I stated. A simple look at the specifications page: http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette-st...ecs/trims.html shows you that Nav/PDR is an OPTION in both the 1LT and 2LT trims. In my experience looking over a great many individual in-stock cars these last few months in preparation for buying, more often than not, the 2LT cars have this option installed. It is popular enough that the dealers order them that way. To state that Nav/PDR does not come on a 2LT is not a true statement and is as misleading as claiming it comes standard.
Old 02-02-2017, 03:45 PM
Hopper12
Melting Slicks

Received 2,063 Likes on 980 Posts

Hey jimxms, glad you're excited about a C7 - you'll love it and will definitely generate some interest. I visit the UK/EU periodically on business and have seen only one C7 in the last 6-7 visits.

We've had C7s with 2LT and 3LT, and with and without the CF dash. We really like the interior on our current C7 ('17 with 3LT and CF dash), but our '15 with 2LT and no CF dash was really nice as well. The interiors of the C7s - in any of the three options - are really well done, especially compared with prior generations.

Do the cars you're looking at have the window stickers or build sheets available? If they don't, forum members here can help you find ways to get that info from the VIN. That will give you a much better picture of options the two cars have and then you can compare what's really important to you.

Another option would be to get the one you like best, and use many of the aftermarket options that exist to make it the way you want - both inside and out.

Good luck to you, and let us know what you do - with pics!
Old 02-02-2017, 05:02 PM
jimxms
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxpowers
OP - do you have the option of ordering one new and customize it the way you want? This is what I did as I live in a relatively small corvette market.
I think it is possible, but brand new in the spec i want is more than £20k more than the price of a 2015 with under 10k on the clock
Old 02-02-2017, 05:21 PM
Peter_K
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by mschuyler
What you said could easily have put the OP in a similar situation. Both the original statement you felt compelled to correct and yours were absolutes when, in fact, the full answer is as I stated. A simple look at the specifications page: http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette-st...ecs/trims.html shows you that Nav/PDR is an OPTION in both the 1LT and 2LT trims. In my experience looking over a great many individual in-stock cars these last few months in preparation for buying, more often than not, the 2LT cars have this option installed. It is popular enough that the dealers order them that way. To state that Nav/PDR does not come on a 2LT is not a true statement and is as misleading as claiming it comes standard.
Did you read post #8? The whole was cleared up before your first post. Thanks for the pomposity.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:39 PM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Received 3,818 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter_K
Did you read post #8? The whole was cleared up before your first post. Thanks for the pomposity.
Look at the time stamps on both our posts and you will see they were posted within a minute of each other. You hadn't "cleared it up" when I posted. Originally, it was you who posted misleading information. Talk about pompous!
Old 02-02-2017, 06:00 PM
Peter_K
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by mschuyler
Look at the time stamps on both our posts and you will see they were posted within a minute of each other. You hadn't "cleared it up" when I posted. Originally, it was you who posted misleading information. Talk about pompous!

I did clear it up before your first, second, and now third post on the same topic. The OP was given the correct information no matter how many times you want to post that a lot of them have the option, Nav is not included in the 2LT trim level.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:02 PM
767guy
Pro

Received 179 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by jimxms
Hell no! I'd rather give my money to the poor than drive around in a krautmobile. R8's have nice engines but are boring as F to look at.

I'm more than used to Fisher Price interiors with my C6, but if I'm spending £55k on a Vette I want the interior to be as nice as it can be.
Krautmobile ?? :rof l:

You mentioned you owned a C6 , very nice car. I think if you look at either C7's as soon as you see the quality of the interior you will be quite surprised and impressed. GM has done a fantastic upgrade on the quality of the interior, sound system, and comfort of the seats compared with previous models....just my opinion but many others on the forum over the last couple of years have posted similar comments. And the very best for last.....wait until you drive one....nothing like any previous model IMHO. The pictures of the interior do not even begin to do it justice.....and. no, I do not work for General Motors
Old 02-02-2017, 06:11 PM
Maxpowers
Le Mans Master

Received 2,727 Likes on 1,827 Posts

I think it is possible, but brand new in the spec i want is more than £20k more than the price of a 2015 with under 10k on the clock
LOL - I had the opposite problem last year. It was slightly cheaper for me to order new than off the lot. Nuances of living in countries with small markets.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:13 PM
767guy
Pro

Received 179 Likes on 131 Posts

For sure.

I know the 'smart' money would be on an R8...especially as we can probably get them cheaper in the UK than you lot can in the USA. But I love being different, even if it is a compromise.

In the UK there are a total of 28 Corvette C6 Z51's! When I roll out, I get more looks and attention than the guy with the Lambo.

I see R8's 2-3 times a week, Lambo's once month and Porsche's several times a day. I've never seen another C6 on the road, and the C7 is rarer still!

I almost feel like its a public service, bringing some of the USA muscle to the UK for people to see.

If I may be so bold, the C7 is not a muscle car. Rather, it is a track ready race car that is street legal....much higher up in the food chain
The following users liked this post:
Flex182 (02-02-2017)
Old 02-02-2017, 06:19 PM
vbdenny
Drifting

Received 391 Likes on 279 Posts

go with the white. In the UK you'll stand out plenty enough. White is timeless. Been in R8's. Nice cars but not nearly as much fun as a Corvette. In fact youll love it right up the the gas (petro) pump. Fill it up with 93 ($2.23/gallon), plug in your Range AFM defeat device and go. You may find it costs slightly more for fuel so maybe skip the AFM defeat.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:51 PM
fpcopo
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by vbdenny
go with the white. In the UK you'll stand out plenty enough. White is timeless. Been in R8's. Nice cars but not nearly as much fun as a Corvette. In fact youll love it right up the the gas (petro) pump. Fill it up with 93 ($2.23/gallon), plug in your Range AFM defeat device and go. You may find it costs slightly more for fuel so maybe skip the AFM defeat.
White/red is a classic Corvette color combination dating back to 1953! You can't go wrong with that. The complete CF dash bezel is available from vendors here separately for under $500. Also available from vendors is a matching CF console top.
Old 02-03-2017, 12:07 AM
bitsnkiblz
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

As previously stated, the CF interior is a stand alone option, and it is real carbon fiber, not faux. As an owner and driver you'll spend most of you're Corvette time with that dash in your line of sight. Not to dis the non-CF dash, but the carbon fiber looks amazing, especially in the sunlight. That being said, I couldn't agree more with the comments about the "classic" look of the White/Red color scheme.

Old 02-03-2017, 01:18 AM
Spasetrucker
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Jmcdude
What strikes me the most though is that the Yellow one has a carbon (effect?) dashboard, whereas the white one has what appears to be a really nasty looking plain plastic dash.

I guess about 90% of us here will have to survive with our nasty looking dash. It may not be all that glittery but far from nasty Imho.
It's not the interior. It's all those nasty boys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9Lb1GL1sXY
Old 02-03-2017, 01:26 AM
Bunk
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 69 Posts

Dash face is not bad looking, it looks right when you sit in the cockpit. The leather on the center arm rest and the top of dash is great looking, well designed. I do not think you will like the CF-looking bits on the dash because this Corvette does not need it to be cool. Trust me, you will not ever really notice the face of the dash. It is such a cool ride.
Old 02-03-2017, 02:01 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,608 Likes on 6,621 Posts

Originally Posted by Corgidog1
Even if you opt for the carbon fiber dash, you will still have the nasty looking plain plastic console which may appear to be even more of an eyesore after having the carbon fiber dash.
When I got my early C7 I ordered the CF roof and CF dash. The dash option was constrained and would have caused me to wait for the car. Since the carbon fiber roof was often also constrained at the time did not wish to wait and perhaps loose the CF roof!

After I saw that the carbon fiber dash in another car (by the way it is real carbon fiber not faux) looked out of place with all the other plan plastic and I was glad I didn't get it! (Perhaps sour grapes but not sure that Esop fable fox and grapes analogy is used in the UK!) Decided I would add more carbon fiber on the outside and have; side skirts, spliter, hood vent and a real carbon fiber cover for the chrome grill bar.

The aftermarket does have real carbon fiber pieces for the interior in both mat and glossy finish, but those pieces are expensive. Where glossy fits the outside, IMO I would opt for the mat finish if investing in CF for the various dash pieces.

You can also add the OEM carbon fiber dash section but it is a difficult task. There are some posts of what it takes.

Last edited by JerryU; 02-03-2017 at 02:05 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 interior question

Old 02-03-2017, 02:10 AM
ScottTz
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

[QUOTE=fpcopo;1594009194]White/red is a classic Corvette color combination dating back to 1953! You can't go wrong with that...[QUOTE]

One question though, are C6/7 Vettes exported to UK right hand drive?
Old 02-03-2017, 04:50 AM
jimxms
Pro

[QUOTE=ScottTz;1594011473][QUOTE=fpcopo;1594009194]White/red is a classic Corvette color combination dating back to 1953! You can't go wrong with that...

One question though, are C6/7 Vettes exported to UK right hand drive?
Negative, they are all lefties. Even the ones purchased from the UK Chevrolet website.

I think this is probably one of the prime reasons why they are in such low numbers over here.
The following users liked this post:
ScottTz (02-03-2017)
Old 02-03-2017, 04:55 AM
jimxms
Pro

OK so I'm leaning towards the White+Red one now. Dealer alluded towards it being an LT3 (said its a fully specc'd euro model), but I'll need to see the build sheet i guess?

I've also been offered a pretty decent price for my C6 (£1k less than what I purchased it for 18 months ago).

I just need to convince myself that I want to take out finance on a C7 when I have a fully paid up C6.

Last edited by jimxms; 02-03-2017 at 04:58 AM.

Quick Reply: C7 interior question