Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 04:07 PM
Dif
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 716 Likes on 436 Posts

I understand exactly what you're saying you would like
And,,,,, I just remembered something

Did you know you can go into the Radio/Audio settings and set the Volume to a Preset "startup" Volume level when the audio System comes on ?

I have mine set low so it doesn't blast when it starts if the Volume was high when I shut it off.
It reverts to this preset Volume not matter what the Volume was when it was shut off.

You should be able to Preset your startup Volume to match the Volume you want

Last edited by Dif; 02-03-2017 at 04:08 PM.
Old 02-03-2017, 04:39 PM
defaria
Safety Car

Received 1,203 Likes on 732 Posts

Not at all. First off, the startup volume can't be set that high. IOW you couldn't set it to "10" if you wanted to. Maybe 5 or 6. Secondly, that startup volume would be the same if you were about to listen to BT or USB. Again, the BT might be fine but the USB would be too loud. I'm looking for balance or a boost, but a boost to BT only and not to USB.
Old 02-04-2017, 11:22 AM
wgood
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by defaria
I use Android Auto all the time now and I admit that the USB audio sounds a lot better than the Bluetooth audio. Other than fidelity the loudness of USB auto is very much noticeable, especially if you occasionally switch to Bluetooth. Why is the Bluetooth signal so much less hotter than USB audio?
Try turning your car volume midway and your music source midway and work from that point !!! Also songs put on a USB can be different volumes depending what volume was used to record the songs !!! Even commercial recorded CDs etc by different artists aren't the same volume !!! Wayne
Old 02-04-2017, 11:30 AM
defaria
Safety Car

Received 1,203 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by wgood
Try turning your car volume midway and your music source midway and work from that point !!! Also songs put on a USB can be different volumes depending what volume was used to record the songs !!! Even commercial recorded CDs etc by different artists aren't the same volume !!! Wayne
I find the volume I usually listen at is 100% on the phone about 65% on the car. Setting things to mid point won't work.

Songs can be at different volumes or you can normalize your music collection by analyzing all of them and leveling them out. I've done this already.

Besides, it's not the difference between songs on the USB stick and audio material from the phone rather it's audio material from the phone plugged into the USB vs audio material from the phone going through Bluetooth. Neither or your suggestions does anything to alleviate that. You don't appear to have listened to the problem description.

Last edited by defaria; 02-04-2017 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:25 PM
Vette_Pilot
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts

There's nothing better than direct connection!!!!

Quick Reply: USB audio much louder than Bluetooth audio