Sponsored by:

Opinions wanted - Z51 spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 09:15 AM
yetman
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Opinions wanted - Z51 spoiler

I have a 2017 1LT with Z51 package and MRC. I have bought a front spoiler and a set of side rails - in Carbon Flash. My dilemma is what to do with the current spoiler on the car. It is painted. My vette is the Watkins Glen Gray color.

I really like the look of the stage 3 spoiler and would like to have that but Im not sure how to go about it. What I mean is, should I leave the current spoiler in place (in its current color) and buy the additional pieces and paint them in WGG or carbon flash?

Remove the current spoiler and go with all pieces in Carbon Flash?

I know there will be a lot of differing opinions .. thats what Im counting on.

I want to get the pieces during winter and have them installed come spring.

Thanks!
YetMan
Old 02-04-2017, 09:20 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by yetman
I have a 2017 1LT with Z51 package and MRC. I have bought a front spoiler and a set of side rails - in Carbon Flash. My dilemma is what to do with the current spoiler on the car. It is painted. My vette is the Watkins Glen Gray color.

I really like the look of the stage 3 spoiler and would like to have that but Im not sure how to go about it. What I mean is, should I leave the current spoiler in place (in its current color) and buy the additional pieces and paint them in WGG or carbon flash?

Remove the current spoiler and go with all pieces in Carbon Flash?

I know there will be a lot of differing opinions .. thats what Im counting on.

I want to get the pieces during winter and have them installed come spring.

Thanks!
YetMan
If mine I would have all of them to match in carbon flash, To me will make it look more uniform. But that is just me..
The following users liked this post:
yetman (02-04-2017)
Old 02-04-2017, 09:43 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,921 Likes on 4,807 Posts

I would remove the current spoiler, replace it with the Carbon Flash one and have everything , splitter, sides kits and spoiler in carbon flash.
The following 2 users liked this post by dvilin:
Rebel Yell (02-04-2017), yetman (02-04-2017)
Old 02-04-2017, 10:07 AM
yetman
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by dvilin
I would remove the current spoiler, replace it with the Carbon Flash one and have everything , splitter, sides kits and spoiler in carbon flash.

I am thinking this is going to be the better approach. Will the Stage 3 fit on the Stingray without any side overhang? I know the Z06 is wider ... just curious about fit.
Old 02-04-2017, 10:18 AM
2014BlkVette
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by yetman
I am thinking this is going to be the better approach. Will the Stage 3 fit on the Stingray without any side overhang? I know the Z06 is wider ... just curious about fit.
I went with Veloz Stage II setup. The best thing about them is they're proportional to the Stingray body. No overhang.

Old 02-04-2017, 10:35 AM
RBarnes
Pro

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts

There are numerous options, as you said. With so many GM and aftermarket choices, it ultimately comes down to what makes you happy.

I went with a DAR aftermarket spoiler. Mounted right over the top of the factory version and fits perfectly. This particular version is constructed of fiberglass and finished in carbon flash metallic. Been on the car a little over a year now. With the splitter and skirts, it really completed the ensemble.

Best of luck in your search, and don't forget to post pictures once you get something installed.

Attached Images  
Old 02-04-2017, 07:39 PM
Playboy2
Pro

Received 147 Likes on 120 Posts

I currently have a carbon flash Z51 spoiler and plan on adding the Stage 2 winglets to the Z51 spoiler. You can position the winglets so that there is no overhang. The only downside to that is that the stage 3 clear wicker will not fit. I don't plan on adding the stage 3 as it adds to much drag on a non Z06 car. If you want the stage 3 clear insert, it can be done but you will have to position the stage 2 wickers with a slight overhang. I think the Watkins grey spoiler with the carbon flash winglets would look great on your car. Just my opinion good luck on what ever you decide to do, definitely lots of options out there just depends on what you personally like.

Last edited by Playboy2; 02-04-2017 at 07:40 PM.
Old 02-04-2017, 07:55 PM
ttay3
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by dvilin

Get notified of new replies

To Opinions wanted - Z51 spoiler

Quick Reply: Opinions wanted - Z51 spoiler