Failed to shut off

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 01:26 PM
GreenGA
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 115 Likes on 96 Posts
Default Failed to shut off

While playing with my soon to be picked up Z06 yesterday, after playing with the controls for about 15-20 minutes I tried to turn it off. Notice, I said tried. Every time I pressed the start/stop button, it would beep at me and do nothing.

For some reason I thought to pop the trunk, it's a convertible..., and then close the trunk. Only then did it shut off... Oh, the top was in the down position.

I will bring it to the salesman's attention when I send him an email tomorrow, but thought I would post here first.
Old 02-26-2017, 03:58 PM
dbirdhouse1
Safety Car

Received 876 Likes on 588 Posts

Default an odd one.........

...............the door wouldn't open one day, I popped the trunk and then it was fine....what is it about popping the trunk that has a recognition/reset aspect? Hope it's solved quickly.
Old 02-26-2017, 05:10 PM
Italianfox
Burning Brakes

Received 811 Likes on 375 Posts

That could be normal if the trunk was not latched all the way or the top wasn't properly stored. I had the opposite problem. Wifey was at the mall and couldn't get the trunk open nor would the car start. Turned out she released the top up button before the beep so it wasn't latched. Couldn't do anything until the top was totally up and locked and beeped done. These cars try to protect us from ourselves.
Old 02-26-2017, 05:46 PM
GreenGA
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 115 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Italianfox
That could be normal if the trunk was not latched all the way or the top wasn't properly stored. I had the opposite problem. Wifey was at the mall and couldn't get the trunk open nor would the car start. Turned out she released the top up button before the beep so it wasn't latched. Couldn't do anything until the top was totally up and locked and beeped done. These cars try to protect us from ourselves.
Well, based on that, could I not infer that one can not turn off the car with the trunk open? Seems the nannies are a bit draconian.

Get notified of new replies

To Failed to shut off

Quick Reply: Failed to shut off