Rarest option code - Page 2 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion


C7 General Discussion
General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rarest option code

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2017, 08:26 PM   #21
tarepas
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Sep 2014
Location: Carversville PA
Posts: 186
Thanks: 0
Thanked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Default Least popular?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschuyler View Post
Seems to me another term for "rarest" is "least popular."
So in the beginning the C2 Z06 was the least popular??? Can you tell me what the go for now!!
tarepas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:31 PM   #22
joemosfet
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Dec 2015
Location: Denver Colorado
Posts: 725
Thanked 115 Times in 89 Posts
Default

^I had no idea such a thing existed! How awesome!

joemosfet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:33 PM   #23
tarepas
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Sep 2014
Location: Carversville PA
Posts: 186
Thanks: 0
Thanked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Default Least popular?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschuyler View Post
Seems to me another term for "rarest" is "least popular."
SO tell me that the C2 Zo6 was the least popular produced?? And what do they go for today??
tarepas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 09:29 PM   #24
mschuyler
CF Senior Member
 
mschuyler's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2016
Location: Bainbridge Island WA
Posts: 1,067
Thanked 499 Times in 245 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarepas View Post
SO tell me that the C2 Zo6 was the least popular produced?? And what do they go for today??
What's your point? The only similarity between the "C2 Z06" and the C7 Z06 is the name. I think it would be a mistake to assume a connection. Indeed, the entire concept has changed. The C2 "Z06" was an options package like the Z51, not a separate car as it is today. Read about it here: http://www.corvetteonline.com/news/dream-garage-c2-z06/

Just because something is rare doesn't imbibe it with increased value. Like I said, the fact that there are few could very well mean a lack of popularity. The rarest "option code" is unlikely to become more popular in subsequent years--especially if they no longer make it.
mschuyler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 12:07 AM   #25
tarepas
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Sep 2014
Location: Carversville PA
Posts: 186
Thanks: 0
Thanked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Default You just don't get the meaning of this thread

^^^ Where is your mind! There is NO connection between the C2 Z06 and the C7 Z06. this thread is just asking WHAT is the RAREST or in your MIND The least purchased or ordered RPO# option purchased for a C7?? It is not that the ATI RPO code will become more popular in the years to come but that it WILL become of historic interest!!

Last edited by Steven Bell; 02-18-2017 at 12:17 AM. Reason: No need to re-quote the previous post, especially if you're the next person posting.
tarepas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 12:37 AM   #26
owc6
CF Senior Member
 
owc6's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2013
Location: Broomes Island, MD
Posts: 9,367
Thanked 736 Times in 566 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemosfet View Post
Like the plaque says, they only made 500 Premiere Edition Coupes. There were 550 Premiere Edition Convertibles, I believe, but I wouldn't say the made "1050 Premiere Editions" simply because they're not labeled as such. E.g., you don't have #125/1050, do you?

And as for so-called "exclusivity" I find that it's a silly distinction altogether, because what makes it exclusive is completely up to the person claiming it. I have #1 of #1 of this tissue "art" that i just made here. How's that for exclusivity!

edit: Sorry, I'm too slow to reply. ^ that was meant for lisa.

Those NCM badges are pretty cool, but like the Corvette luggage that came with my car, they often don't make it into the 2nd owner's hands. Not that it's a bad thing, that badge is a nice piece of memorabilia if you ever get rid of the Corvette.
Confused about your post.

Mine came with a center console badge that says




And my VIN backs it up.
owc6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 12:52 AM   #27
joemosfet
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Dec 2015
Location: Denver Colorado
Posts: 725
Thanked 115 Times in 89 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarepas View Post
^^^ Where is your mind! There is NO connection between the C2 Z06 and the C7 Z06. this thread is just asking WHAT is the RAREST or in your MIND The least purchased or ordered RPO# option purchased for a C7?? It is not that the ATI RPO code will become more popular in the years to come but that it WILL become of historic interest!!

Sure, but, the only folks who will have historical interest are those who know such thing existed.

Consider this, in 1966, there were over 600,000 Mustangs made, in fact this was the best selling year for the Mustang, ever. Various special editions and trim packages were offered, notably the Shelbys. One, however, is considered one of the rarest, and most recognized names: the Hertz Rent-a-Racer Shelby. You see this car at a car show, and you say wow, that's a rare one. People know it by name, know the story. That hertz black-and-gold scheme has become key and even made it today's Mustang paint options. In every sense of the word, the Hertz Rent-a-Racer Shelby has huge historic interest. 999 of these cars were produced.

Sitting next to this car, at the car show, is another 1966 Mustang: the Mustang High Country Special. Not a Shelby, not a fastback, but still a beautiful car. Custom paint color and decorative badge and a few other trim improvements. It doesn't gather near the attention that the Hertz-rent-a-racer does, for better or for worse. 333 of these cars were produced.

Tell me, honestly, which one of these cars would you consider more historically interesting? Quick poll, who has heard of the Hertz Rent-a-Racer Mustang? Who has heard of the unarguably rare-er High Country Special Mustang?

Quote:
Originally Posted by owc6 View Post
Confused about your post.

Mine came with a center console badge that says


And my VIN backs it up.
Yep, mine matches the VIN# as well, and the NCM badge comment was meant for tarepas, i just am too slow at replying to the person that my reply gets lost... whatever, i suck at foruming.... My point is, even though they made 500 (in my case) 550 (in yours) of them, it does have a badge and a vin # to go with it. Certainly not as rare, but perhaps worth more so-called "historical interest" in the future. Or people may forget about it completely while the Arctic Edition or whatever becomes the well known rare one.

Last edited by joemosfet; 02-18-2017 at 01:05 AM. Reason: I'm too damn slow typing....
joemosfet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to joemosfet For This Useful Post:
owc6 (02-18-2017)
Old 02-18-2017, 01:06 AM   #28
joemosfet
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Dec 2015
Location: Denver Colorado
Posts: 725
Thanked 115 Times in 89 Posts
Default

edit: nevermind, delete me

Last edited by joemosfet; 02-18-2017 at 01:36 AM.
joemosfet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 10:44 AM   #29
tarepas
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Sep 2014
Location: Carversville PA
Posts: 186
Thanks: 0
Thanked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Default Don't delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemosfet View Post
edit: nevermind, delete me
Joe thanks You get IT!! The Mustang comparison is spot on.
tarepas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 02:11 PM   #30
mschuyler
CF Senior Member
 
mschuyler's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2016
Location: Bainbridge Island WA
Posts: 1,067
Thanked 499 Times in 245 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarepas View Post
^^^ Where is your mind! There is NO connection between the C2 Z06 and the C7 Z06. this thread is just asking WHAT is the RAREST or in your MIND The least purchased or ordered RPO# option purchased for a C7?? It is not that the ATI RPO code will become more popular in the years to come but that it WILL become of historic interest!!
I don't understand why you are so antagonistic here. You seem to be bouncing all over the place. Relax. It's not that important.
mschuyler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 02:16 PM   #31
VictorBarron
CF Senior Member
 
VictorBarron's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2003
Location: Millstadt Illinois
Posts: 894
Thanked 125 Times in 89 Posts
Default

I had a 69 L88 and L71. The L88 I should have kept.
You know the old saying "wouda shoulda coulda"

VictorBarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 03:55 PM   #32
GentleBen
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Cruise-In 7-8-9-10-11-12 Veteran
Wounded Warrior Escort '11
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12
 
GentleBen's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2002
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 3,552
Thanked 26 Times in 18 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16/C7Z View Post
The rare thing never interested me for some reason. Then i purchased my car, a Twilight blue design package amd found out how rare it was. 1 of 8.

After that I've been all about the numbers lol.

following week my buddy picked up a 1 of 27 in white.

both are only which are two of only 43 Z06 coupes with twilight blue design package.built. mine being shark gray it'll be 1 of 8 forever. Obviously white will always continue. It is timeless. But I wanted a "color" car this time around.

makes for good conversation especially when people see the wheels amongst a sea of black Z06 wheels with some silver, chrome, and spectra gray sprinkled in. Then a look inside and their eyes go wide for the sea of blue. Spice red and twilight blue are such nice hues.
And only one 2016 Z016 Coupe was produced in Admiral Blue with the Twilight Blue interior - mine! There is also a 2016 Z06 Convertible Admiral Blue with Twilight Blue which is also 1 of 1.
GentleBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • Rarest option code
  •  
     
    Reply

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Rarest Optioned C4's We Gone C4 General Discussion 120 06-09-2016 08:46 PM
    Rare C1 option - Heater tree jv04 C1 & C2 Corvettes 8 06-07-2015 01:46 PM
    Who has the most unusual Mirroredshades Off Topic 98 11-02-2010 02:14 PM
    Grass Green...the rarest color in a C6. haha D-Rod C6 Corvette General Discussion 13 12-12-2009 02:24 PM
    Lemans Blue The Rarest Color? vettetech2 C6 Corvette General Discussion 10 08-09-2006 10:13 PM


    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Click for Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off

    Forum Jump


    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:48 PM.


     
    • Ask a Question
      Get answers from community experts
    What's your question?
    Send