New to the process

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 02:54 AM
tcinla
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 619 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric Tsang
So apparently, no test drives are allowed until you are a serious buyer?!

My BMW lease ends this year and I wanted to test drive a C7 to see if it would work on the broken roads of Houston.

both dealerships near me Knapp and Mac Haik said they don't do test drives until they settle on numbers. Wouldn't even let me try a pre owned. it makes sense with adding mileage and stuff, but it's such a bummer.

I am not yet serious enough to do that as I don't know if the C7 will work for me.

So, welcome to the C7 buying process, I guess!
The same thing happened to me when I first started looking. This kid, who looked like he would be shocked to actually sell a car, told me what you were told and I instantly replied that I don't buy any car without first test driving and then told him that he just lost a sale since my financing was lined up and I was going to buy that weekend (I wasn't going to... ) then left.

After I did buy my car , I left a Yelp review that reflected what I experienced. Apparently, that dealership was famous for being bad in both sales and service. One of the worst in SCAL. so you might say, I lucked out by being denied a test drive there. 1 hour later I was at a bigger dealership test driving a convertible. Now, they did want to run my credit before letting me drive but they didn't want to settle on a price before letting me.

They will all respect the power of the feet.... You just have to use your's. Some dealers make me wonder if a small thing like 'profit' actually matters to them.

Last edited by tcinla; 02-25-2017 at 02:55 AM.
Old 02-25-2017, 03:06 AM
Cliff8928
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

The dealer closest to me wouldn't even respond about ordering a GS for me (they got a not so nice Yelp review too). The dealer I purchased from (about 1/2 hour away) let me drive their 3LT GS Convertible they had just received knowing I didn't want that car, albeit in their storage lot but it was quite large.

Quick Reply: New to the process