Sponsored by:

Magnaflow exhaust proplems

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 04:52 PM
OCbill
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnaflow exhaust proplems

I installed Magnaflow catback exhausts on my C7 (2014). The exhaust was stock without the NPP. I am have rattling sounds at the rear when the car goes to 4V mode. Any one else with the issue?

Bill

Last edited by OCbill; 02-26-2017 at 04:53 PM.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:43 PM
0Magna_Flow
Former Vendor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Hi Bill, thank you for choosing Magnaflow for your C7. If you are getting a vibration noise under certain driving conditions, we would recommend first checking the fitment of the system to ensure it is not too close to any suspension components or heat shields. We recommend having at least 1/2" of clearance around all of the pipes. After checking the fitment, if the problem persists please contact our tech support line at 1-800-990-0905. We can be reached anytime during the week from 7am-5pm pacific time. Having a short video clip demonstrating the sound and your proof of purchase on hand will allow us to assist you as quickly as possible. We look forward to speaking with you!
The following users liked this post:
JerryU (05-17-2017)
Old 03-01-2017, 04:09 PM
OCbill
Navigator

Default Reply/ Update to post

[I took the car to the Chevy dealer to see what they could do. They said the problem was with Magnaflow modification to the valve at the rear. After some long discussion with the service writer and the Tech, they agreed to replace the Chevy actuator motor under warranty.
(that was a Chevy part retained when the Maganaflows were installed).
IT WORKED. It was rapid vibration of the valve which opens and closes when the car goes to 4 CYL mode. The dealer told me they believe the failure was due to the engineering of the valve in the Magnaflow exhaust. They said they helped me out because I have been a repeat customer. Hopefully this the last time I need to deal with this issue.

QUOTE=Magna_Flow;1594197018]Hi Bill, thank you for choosing Magnaflow for your C7. If you are getting a vibration noise under certain driving conditions, we would recommend first checking the fitment of the system to ensure it is not too close to any suspension components or heat shields. We recommend having at least 1/2" of clearance around all of the pipes. After checking the fitment, if the problem persists please contact our tech support line at 1-800-990-0905. We can be reached anytime during the week from 7am-5pm pacific time. Having a short video clip demonstrating the sound and your proof of purchase on hand will allow us to assist you as quickly as possible. We look forward to speaking with you![/QUOTE]
Old 03-02-2017, 07:09 PM
0Magna_Flow
Former Vendor

Hi Bill, we're glad to hear that resolved the issue. It sounds like your motor may have been going out and allowing excess play in the butterfly valve. If you have any questions or concerns about your new system in the future, please do not hesitate to drop us a phone call or PM!

Last edited by Magna_Flow; 06-01-2017 at 02:35 PM.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:05 PM
OCbill
Navigator

3/14/17 new follow up. After driving 9 miles the check engine light came on,. It was the exhaust system again. The actuator motor on the right valve of the Magnaflow system burned out again. This is the third actuator motor that has burned out. Now the dealer is telling me that the butter fly valve is binding in the Magnaflow system causing the burn out. They never had three valves burn out on the stock system. In fact they claim they have never replaced two on any one car. I previously had the Magnaflow development team check the car over the first time I had the rattle and the check engine light come on. They did resolve the problem. At least for about a year before the new issue I am now having.
Bill
Old 05-16-2017, 06:19 PM
OCbill
Navigator

New follow up to Magnaflow Exhaust issue. Magnaflow stepped up and replaced the part in the axelback setup that had the butterfly valve that closes on 4 CYL operation.
Good commitment to their product.

Bill
Old 05-17-2017, 02:15 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Originally Posted by OCbill
New follow up to Magnaflow Exhaust issue. Magnaflow stepped up and replaced the part in the axelback setup that had the butterfly valve that closes on 4 CYL operation.
Good commitment to their product.

Bill
There are good companies out there that believe in customer service after the sale. Magnaflow seems to be one of the those companies. It's always good to hear a story like this.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:41 PM
kenownr
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 437 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by Rebel Yell
There are good companies out there that believe in customer service after the sale. Magnaflow seems to be one of the those companies. It's always good to hear a story like this.
The following users liked this post:
Rebel Yell (05-18-2017)
Old 05-31-2017, 09:05 PM
0Magna_Flow
Former Vendor

We're glad we could help you get the issue sorted, Bill. Magnaflow has always made customer service the #1 priority, and we will do everything in our power to correct something that isn't right. If there is ever something we can assist you with in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us at 1-800-990-0905!

Last edited by Magna_Flow; 05-31-2017 at 09:05 PM.
Old 06-01-2017, 01:27 PM
bbrown450
Melting Slicks

Received 502 Likes on 347 Posts

I have to tell you that I am not yet in the market for an exhaust system...however given their support to our brother on here, I would not hesitate to go with Magnaflow....Good on you guys for backing up your product !!
Old 06-01-2017, 01:43 PM
fourmat
Pro

Received 127 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by kenownr
me too

Get notified of new replies

To Magnaflow exhaust proplems

Quick Reply: Magnaflow exhaust proplems