C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do we have a way to set the E-brake to automatic set when in park?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 07:26 AM
KMS-CO
Heel & Toe

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TyBoo
I have always been in the habit of using brake whenever I park and the practice in my A6 is no different. I don't really need for it to set automatically, although it would be alright, but I like that it releases automatically.
Its totally automatic, Once programmed to do so the e brake sets and disarms its self automatically with the gear shift position selected.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:18 AM
Roadrogue
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by defaria
It's called convenience not laziness. It frees you up to deal with and concentrate on other, dare I say, more important things! Do you consciously flush the public urinal even though it has auto flush? Do you insist on opening doors that slide open open automatically? Or do you have more important things to concern yourself with? I don't know about you but appreciate every convenience that is available that takes away an otherwise trivial and meaningless obligation when, for a small price and a little effort, it can be automated.

My job in computers often consists of automating things, redundant tasks that can be better handled, more error free handled by computer processes. I don't sit around and tell my clients "man you're being lazy". No instead I realize that that increases productivity and allows humans to use their minds on more challenging and important things.
Important things like debating on forums stupid things such as this?
Old 03-02-2017, 08:31 AM
beaversstonehaven
Melting Slicks

Received 129 Likes on 100 Posts

OMG really? Well that sucks for the LT1 dudes. As I've said, I know there are times when I pull up on the ebrake but it doesn't set. And while pushing a button to lock and unlock the car is "really easy" I find it "really convenient" to be able have that done automatically. Ditto for flushing at public urinals...
1LT guy here. Please do not feel pity.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:08 AM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Originally Posted by KMS-CO
Its totally automatic, Once programmed to do so the e brake sets and disarms its self automatically with the gear shift position selected.
Please explain how this is possible. There is nothing in my OM about programming it to automatically engage, only auto disengage.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:14 AM
defaria
Safety Car

Received 1,203 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadrogue
Important things like debating on forums stupid things such as this?
Currently between contracts so I have spare time. YMMV.

But yes, debating the finer points of Corvettes is something I view as important. Again - YMMV.

Last edited by defaria; 03-02-2017 at 10:15 AM.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:25 AM
TyBoo
Burning Brakes

Received 413 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by owc6
Please explain how this is possible. There is nothing in my OM about programming it to automatically engage, only auto disengage.
I scratched my head a little on this too for a second, but I think he is referring to the Chrysler he mentioned in his initial post.
The following users liked this post:
owc6 (03-02-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 08:29 PM
DAC17
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 99 Likes on 61 Posts

It's called convenience not laziness. It frees you up to deal with and concentrate on other, dare I say, more important things! Do you consciously flush the public urinal even though it has auto flush? Do you insist on opening doors that slide open open automatically? Or do you have more important things to concern yourself with? I don't know about you but appreciate every convenience that is available that takes away an otherwise trivial and meaningless obligation when, for a small price and a little effort, it can be automated.

My job in computers often consists of automating things, redundant tasks that can be better handled, more error free handled by computer processes. I don't sit around and tell my clients "man you're being lazy". No instead I realize that that increases productivity and allows humans to use their minds on more challenging and important things.
I agree with you 100% that you have the correct goal for what people should be doing with their "extra" time from not having to handle mundane tasks. Unfortunately, it seems that many labor-saving devices simply result in people using more time to peruse cat videos on their cellphones!

Quick Reply: Do we have a way to set the E-brake to automatic set when in park?