Sponsored by:

Beautiful day here in SW Washington

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 08:15 PM
buckeye4
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by itaylorm
what route did you take down? i am headed down on march 31st for class in first week of april
Alaska Airlines, 3/19

Last edited by buckeye4; 03-14-2017 at 08:17 PM.
Old 03-14-2017, 08:17 PM
itaylorm
Pro

Received 205 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by buckeye4
Alaska Airlines, 3/19
I am driving down, wouldn't want to miss the opportunity to explore the country on the way to and from
Old 03-14-2017, 08:22 PM
buckeye4
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by itaylorm
I am driving down, wouldn't want to miss the opportunity to explore the country on the way to and from
I have to be back in time for our Corvette Club Banquet. Scheduled the school in September. Should be a great cruise.

Last edited by buckeye4; 03-14-2017 at 08:24 PM.
Old 03-15-2017, 02:38 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by NostraD

I could have basically copied your post and been accurate with my own Sunday experience here in SW WA... right down to taking my C7 off "life support". The only difference is mine is an even "lowlier" Stingray (Blade Silver 3LT w/o Z51)... yet I had a great time getting out on this singular nice day, venturing from Camas to north of Woodland... tooling around up there for a while... and then heading back.

Now, my Stingray is back in the garage, reconnected to life support, waiting for that next nice weather window to open. Looks like it's gonna be a while!
There's nothing "lowly" about your car, Dean! Blade Silver works exceptionally well on the C7, showing off its lines, curves, and creases. I'd very much enjoy meeting you and your car one day.
The following users liked this post:
NostraD (03-22-2017)
Old 03-22-2017, 02:45 PM
NostraD
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
There's nothing "lowly" about your car, Dean! Blade Silver works exceptionally well on the C7, showing off its lines, curves, and creases. I'd very much enjoy meeting you and your car one day.
Thanks! It would be great to meet up when the weather improves.

Used this past Sunday's decent weather window to jet out 14 east to Carson, as I'd been wanting to check out Backwoods Brewing. Fun drive and good microbrews!

Last edited by NostraD; 03-22-2017 at 02:45 PM.
Old 03-25-2017, 11:23 AM
wgood
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
OK, many here will think this thread is a waste of space and clicks and that's OK. Those folks can just move on. After what's been an unusually cold and wet winter we had a beautiful day today. It was mostly sunny, temps hit 60, and the roads were dry. I had to take the Stingray off life support (battery tender) and go for a drive. I'd had it out a few other times during the winter but today was by far the nicest day since last fall. To my surprise, I had forgotten just how much I love driving this car and how great I feel inside when I drive it. Mine is just a "lowly" Stingray coupe with Z51 but I couldn't love it any more than I do even if it was a loaded Z06. The acceleration is blistering, the sounds are magnificent, and the looks it gets from others are still amazing even though the C7 is now in its fourth model year. It was almost like driving the car for the first time. We are very fortunate to own these beautiful machines.
I live in Kent WA and I took mine out Wednesday ( 14-Z51 ) along with my 1970 Monte Carlo SS454 just prior to the Corvette !!! I try to take them out about a least every 7-10 days and never have to use battery tender ( even though I bought one ) !!! If you have a chance you should drive and attend the All Corvette show on August 27th in Issaquah ,WA at the XXX Root Beer stand !!! Wayne
Old 03-25-2017, 12:43 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Sounds like a good idea, Wayne. I've marked on my calendar.
Old 03-26-2017, 03:59 PM
AaronZ51
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 519 Likes on 294 Posts

Wow - lot's of us from the PNW here! I'm also in Kent and we've had a couple beautiful days in the last week - I took off work on Thursday with my wife so we drove back roads to North Bend and had lunch, then drove over to Snoqualmie Falls to view the raging river/falls (just shows how much rain we've had this winter) and then a nice drive home.

Y'all check in occasionally to the PNW section of the forum - let's get together for some drives once the weather is nice again! If next Saturday (4/1) is rain-free, a big group of us are going to the Exotics @ Redmond Town Center - we'll look at all the exotic cars (all marques - Corvettes are welcome if C6 or C7 Z06 or "classic" I believe) and then have lunch at a local restaurant. If it's rained out, maybe the following Saturday.
Old 03-26-2017, 04:43 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by AaronZ51
Wow - lot's of us from the PNW here! I'm also in Kent and we've had a couple beautiful days in the last week - I took off work on Thursday with my wife so we drove back roads to North Bend and had lunch, then drove over to Snoqualmie Falls to view the raging river/falls (just shows how much rain we've had this winter) and then a nice drive home.

Last Thursday was indeed a good day to be out and about after work. While not quite summer temps, I still took the top off the Vette and Kat and I went down to one of our favorite places on Puget Sound....Dash Point

Here's hoping that next Saturday is a clear, dry day.

Quick Reply: Beautiful day here in SW Washington