Sponsored by:

Phone connection infotainment problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 01:08 AM
Nordic_Samurai
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Phone connection infotainment problem

Just today I noticed that shortly after I start my C7, the infotainment system seems to believe that I have initiated a call with my bluetooth connected phone. Even if I press the disconnect button on the steering wheel, the system believes my phone is making a call, thus the radio/media are muted.

The only things that seemed to work were turning off bluetooth on my iPhone 6 or initiating a real phone call and ending it. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how did you fix it?
Old 03-21-2017, 11:31 AM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Have you tried turning Bluetooth off on your phone before starting the car to see what it does? Have you tried rebooting your phone? Pulling the negative cable from the battery sometimes seems to help with these cars, you could try that.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:30 PM
HoustonMidtown
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Nordic_Samurai
Just today I noticed that shortly after I start my C7, the infotainment system seems to believe that I have initiated a call with my bluetooth connected phone. Even if I press the disconnect button on the steering wheel, the system believes my phone is making a call, thus the radio/media are muted.

The only things that seemed to work were turning off bluetooth on my iPhone 6 or initiating a real phone call and ending it. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how did you fix it?
"Delete" your phone from the car (remove the existing pairing) then re-pair your phone - this has fixed strange problems for me in the past
Old 03-21-2017, 02:57 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Originally Posted by Rooster OG
Have you tried turning Bluetooth off on your phone before starting the car to see what it does? Have you tried rebooting your phone? Pulling the negative cable from the battery sometimes seems to help with these cars, you could try that.
Originally Posted by HoustonMidtown
"Delete" your phone from the car (remove the existing pairing) then re-pair your phone - this has fixed strange problems for me in the past
Two smart guys right here.

One, or all of these should get you back on track. Good luck.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:04 PM
StreetLegalH2R
Racer

Received 147 Likes on 37 Posts

Have you tried putting it away, driving your car and then making phone calls when you get to where you're going? That's what I do. Saves me from crashing and being a nuisance to others. Anothr plus is that it allows me to actually enjoy driving, which is why we all bought a Corvette in the first place, right?

Last edited by StreetLegalH2R; 03-21-2017 at 03:06 PM.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:30 PM
bigsapper
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 294 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by StreetLegalH2R
Have you tried putting it away, driving your car and then making phone calls when you get to where you're going? That's what I do. Saves me from crashing and being a nuisance to others. Anothr plus is that it allows me to actually enjoy driving, which is why we all bought a Corvette in the first place, right?

Old 03-21-2017, 04:51 PM
StreetLegalH2R
Racer

I'm sorry, is the concept of driving without continual distraction so alien to you that you think anyone suggesting it is Senior Avocadohead?

You wanna have some real fun? Try leaving your NSA bug...uh, I mean phone...at home and going for a drive without it. Its liberating being alone on occasion.

Last edited by StreetLegalH2R; 03-21-2017 at 04:56 PM.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:14 PM
bigsapper
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 294 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by StreetLegalH2R
I'm sorry, is the concept of driving without continual distraction so alien to you that you think anyone suggesting it is Senior Avocadohead?

You wanna have some real fun? Try leaving your NSA bug...uh, I mean phone...at home and going for a drive without it. Its liberating being alone on occasion.
I'm sorry the concept of talking on your cell using the provided in-car technology, while parked in a lot is so alien to you.

"Siri, call my masseuse."

"Siri, call my therapist."
Old 03-21-2017, 09:58 PM
StreetLegalH2R
Racer

Originally Posted by bigsapper
I'm sorry the concept of talking on your cell using the provided in-car technology, while parked in a lot is so alien to you.

"Siri, call my ***."

"Siri, call myself the rapist."
Liar liar, pants on fire. C'mon son.

Get notified of new replies

To Phone connection infotainment problem

Quick Reply: Phone connection infotainment problem