Sponsored by:

Stage 2 Aero Kit Price for '17 GS

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 10:21 PM
Self_Made
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Stage 2 Aero Kit Price for '17 GS

Silly me thought that the GS came with the Stage 2 aero kit standard and now my order is too far into production to make the upgrade. I would guess the next best route would be to order the Stage 2 factory parts and have the dealer that I'm doing my courtesy delivery at install the new ones instead of the Stage 1 parts it comes with. Would anyone know how much ordering the Stage 2 parts in carbon flash would cost for the parts (not labor)?
Old 03-25-2017, 10:32 PM
ddelallata
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts

The option is 2,995.
The following users liked this post:
Self_Made (03-25-2017)
Old 03-25-2017, 10:33 PM
sTz
Le Mans Master

Received 2,420 Likes on 1,596 Posts

Blessing in disguise... You can get a Stage 2 Areo kit from several reputable forum vendors for a 1/3 of the cost. Installation is simple. I prefer ACS...
The following users liked this post:
Self_Made (03-25-2017)
Old 03-25-2017, 10:52 PM
Joy c7
Drifting

Received 321 Likes on 238 Posts

Yes, GS & Z06 are the same +2 for ACS.
Old 03-26-2017, 09:16 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,619 Likes on 6,625 Posts

Originally Posted by Self_Made
Silly me thought that the GS came with the Stage 2 aero kit standard and now my order is too far into production to make the upgrade. I would guess the next best route would be to order the Stage 2 factory parts and have the dealer that I'm doing my courtesy delivery at install the new ones instead of the Stage 1 parts it comes with. Would anyone know how much ordering the Stage 2 parts in carbon flash would cost for the parts (not labor)?
I was ready to just have the dealer not install the short side skirts and poverty splitter and buy aftermarket. I had added quality carbon fiber parts from LG Motorsports for my 2014 (just checked their side skirts/splitter combo for a Grand Sport (Z06) are $2495.)

But since I was only getting painted carbon flash parts thought it would be cheaper with other brands. However when I checked, the advantage of the Chevy parts is even the painted carbon flash are made from carbon fiber, then painted. Most others are composite or fiberglass. For whatever reason most get a significant premium for carbon flash versus flat black.

Since a passenger when exiting might well brush against the side skirts and the strength of carbon fiber is higher (happened to my 2014) I just ordered the Chevy part option.

Similar to the OEM visible carbon fiber roof, GM gets $2000 premium for it versus the painted carbon fiber roof. I recall when the vendors new carbon fiber manufacturing process was announced they did say if when making the visible carbon fiber roof, if it didn't meet GM's visual quality standard it could be painted! Normally the carbon fiber parts are made differently and lining up all the carbon fiber to look "pretty" is not part of the manufacturing process.

Depending on what finish you're looking for you could save with aftermarket parts. However if carbon fiber the GM option is ~$3995 where the carbon flash painted carbon fiber is $2995.

PS: Another thought. Since I've been told the side skirts and splitter are sent to the courtesy deliver dealers parts depart, why can't they return those and get credit and order the package you want? If I recall correctly, my spoiler may be slightly different but that is not a big deal and it is installed at the factory.

Last edited by JerryU; 03-26-2017 at 01:02 PM.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:21 AM
0subchev
Former Vendor

Received 204 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Self_Made
If you're interested in new GM parts, we have the stage 2 rear spoiler upgrade for sale here:
http://www.trunkmonkeyparts.com/oe-gm/23256573

and the ground effects kit:
GROUND EFFECTS, CARBON FLASH PAINTED CARBON FIBER - GM (84139797)
GROUND EFFECTS, EXPOSED CARBON FIBER - GM (84139800)

Last edited by subchev; 03-27-2017 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:30 PM
L1FRDOG
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 186 Likes on 103 Posts

Definitely depends on what color combo you have and what look you wanted to achieve. I am a fan of the Carbon Flash. My GS came with the standard "Stage 1" kit. It was an easy order from Amazon to pick up the "Stage 2" Rear wing upgraded slats. I happen to actually think the 3/4 side skirts look pretty good and didn't want to upgrade them. This left only the Front Splitter (Finished in Carbon Flash) from ACS (the splitter + Under tray + Stage 2 side winglets is 997 +100 for shipping.

Get notified of new replies

To Stage 2 Aero Kit Price for '17 GS

Quick Reply: Stage 2 Aero Kit Price for '17 GS