Sponsored by:

Some people.......

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 01:47 PM
maxp
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by SLOWRYDE
I'm sure your wife is a humble person, but the car she was sitting in screams "Look at me!" LOL
Old 03-27-2017, 01:52 PM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

A good reply to this clueless father, had I been sitting in my car would have been:
"Kiss my ***"

That says it all in 3 short words.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:57 PM
cor66vette
Le Mans Master

Received 1,308 Likes on 690 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Originally Posted by berk4422
LOL! One time at a parade with the top down, we overheard a family with a young daughter probably between the ages of 5 and 8. The daughter said to her mother "Mommy, I want a car like that" The mother responded without hesitation "well, you better marry rich" LOL!!!
Mom has low expectations for daughter. Instead of, "... marry rich", why not "... get rich"?
The following users liked this post:
blkvet6 (03-28-2017)
Old 03-27-2017, 02:00 PM
Eff A Ford
Burning Brakes

Received 178 Likes on 138 Posts

People with negative attitudes like that will never succeed in life. Whenever I see someone in a nice car, it's just motivation for me.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:31 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by bulldawgs
So, it was a beautiful Sunday afternoon. The wife and I got out and about for a few hours with nothing in particular to do, but cruise. I decided to stop at Costco to grab a couple items, while the wife waited in the car. We parked far out in the lot, as usual. A new Accord happened to have done the same. When I returned, my wife proceeds to tell me about the family of four who belonged to the Accord. As they walk past our car, the young daughter asked what kind of car it was. The father replied that it is a Corvette, a car that rich people who have more money than sense, drive. About that time, the mother noticed that my wife was in the car, so she tells her husband to shut up, that someone is in the car. My wife says that they then circle around our car as they leave, staring at her.

It made my wife uncomfortable as she's a very humble person. We're not rich, and we've worked hard for everything that we have. I swear - stupid people and their stupid comments.
You can't fix stupid.
MassGT (03-27-2017)
Old 03-27-2017, 04:56 PM
LDYSTIG
Pro

Received 145 Likes on 83 Posts

HA, even worse when you're a young chick like me! People jump to so many conclusions, "Daddy's Car," Daddy Paid," "Trophy Wife," etc. Um I'm sorry that I am good with my money and I don't see you saying this crap to people who drive $50K Lexus/BMW's?! It used to **** me off to no end but I really just don't give a **** anymore and life is gooood
Old 03-27-2017, 04:59 PM
plasboy
Drifting

Received 175 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Fasteners201
I would star back and present the finger.
I use my pinky finger, for those that don't deserve the very best.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:04 PM
falconhulk
Pro

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by LDYSTIG
HA, even worse when you're a young chick like me! People jump to so many conclusions, "Daddy's Car," Daddy Paid," "Trophy Wife," etc. Um I'm sorry that I am good with my money and I don't see you saying this crap to people who drive $50K Lexus/BMW's?! It used to **** me off to no end but I really just don't give a **** anymore and life is gooood
Being called a trophy wife pissed you off? I love it when people call me a trophy husband😁
B177YB0B (03-27-2017)
Old 03-27-2017, 05:33 PM
B177YB0B
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mschuyler
Dad's just jealous. He married his gal for lust before he managed to get a good education and suddenly has two kids and a fat wife with no way out with a dead-end job and all he can afford is an Accord on payments. He's balding and has a gut and is shooting for the trifecta of high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and Type 2 diabetes before he is 50. He knows he is screwed and at a deep visceral level he knows it's his own fault. When he says something like That guy has more money than sense." what he is REALLY saying is, "I coulda been a contenda!"
hee-wow
sunsalem (03-27-2017)
Old 03-27-2017, 07:08 PM
AaronZ51
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 520 Likes on 295 Posts

Dad's just jealous. He married his gal for lust before he managed to get a good education and suddenly has two kids and a fat wife with no way out with a dead-end job and all he can afford is an Accord on payments. He's balding and has a gut and is shooting for the trifecta of high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and Type 2 diabetes before he is 50. He knows he is screwed and at a deep visceral level he knows it's his own fault. When he says something like That guy has more money than sense." what he is REALLY saying is, "I coulda been a contenda!"
Couldn't have said it better myself! This should have been the "post of the day!"
probono (03-27-2017)
Old 03-27-2017, 07:33 PM
dbirdhouse1
Safety Car

Received 876 Likes on 588 Posts

Default Generalizing.............

.............is often a sign of ignorance and laziness (woops, just generalized)
Old 03-27-2017, 08:40 PM
probono
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 68 Posts

My wife always tells me that I look like I just jumped out of a dumpster, and I do....looks can be deceiving....

Ken
Old 03-27-2017, 09:47 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,753 Likes on 4,182 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

I agree with Breadskeet too. Dad is a bad parent and Mom was embarrassed in the process. Dad isn't a good role model.
breakskeet (03-27-2017)
Old 03-27-2017, 10:07 PM
Jeffthunbird
Melting Slicks

Received 892 Likes on 439 Posts

I'm on my 6th Corvette and I think it's true that many many buyers of these cars have more dollars than sense. I'm guilty!!
I keep on doing it so I guess it's terminal.

But, for a dad to say this to his kid is counterproductive. The dad should say: Those cars are a feat of American engineering and if you do well in school, work hard, you can buy one some day. Let's motivate our kids!
Old 03-28-2017, 03:32 AM
WelderGuy
Burning Brakes

Received 157 Likes on 98 Posts

[QUOTE=Jeffthunbird[/QUOTE]

What's with the bunny-shaped stain on your floor?

What's all that stuff with the hoses to the left of the door?

Last edited by WelderGuy; 03-28-2017 at 03:33 AM.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:55 AM
pokerpro
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 219 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

This is one of, if not the best reply I've come across in a while! You nailed it man my hats off to you.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:04 AM
pokerpro
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Unfortunately, America is scattered with twatwaffles these days.[/QUOTE]

Not quite sure what a "twatwaffle" is but it sure sounds yummy!

Get notified of new replies

To Some people.......

Old 03-28-2017, 07:14 AM
pokerpro
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Friendly guy
The father is bitter because he is a slave to the two children and the woman he agreed to have them with ( to keep her with him ). Sorry for sounding pessimistic but human nature is what it is and at 67 yrs of age I see it much more clearly now.

The father cannot have what he wants because of the cost of the children in plain english. I read posts here that amaze me.....but I was a young man once too.....posts from young men happy with their lives and wives/girlfriends. For most of us that happiness evaporates as soon as we give in to the demands to "start a family".

If a man makes enough money, and few really do, to afford the children, all their junk, and the wife and all her junk and STILL have money left over for his junk he is fortunate indeed. A young man's vette that his lady loves and supports him having suddenly becomes an unnecessary expense that inhibits the college fund when the crib is full.

If you like your toys and want to keep them get a vasectomy pronto. My best advice to younger men.
I couldn't agree more. I got my Vasectomy when I was 20. There was virtually no F'N way I was falling into that trap like most of my friends did where i would be a prisoner in my own home. BTW I so don't regret it!
Old 03-28-2017, 07:25 AM
Gunrun
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Ha

Should of said its my white privilege what happened to yours ?
Old 03-28-2017, 09:38 AM
~Stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 264 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17, '19

Originally Posted by Friendly guy
The father is bitter because he is a slave to the two children and the woman he agreed to have them with ( to keep her with him ). Sorry for sounding pessimistic but human nature is what it is and at 67 yrs of age I see it much more clearly now.

The father cannot have what he wants because of the cost of the children in plain english. I read posts here that amaze me.....but I was a young man once too.....posts from young men happy with their lives and wives/girlfriends. For most of us that happiness evaporates as soon as we give in to the demands to "start a family".

If a man makes enough money, and few really do, to afford the children, all their junk, and the wife and all her junk and STILL have money left over for his junk he is fortunate indeed. A young man's vette that his lady loves and supports him having suddenly becomes an unnecessary expense that inhibits the college fund when the crib is full.

If you like your toys and want to keep them get a vasectomy pronto. My best advice to younger men.
Originally Posted by pokerpro
I couldn't agree more. I got my Vasectomy when I was 20. There was virtually no F'N way I was falling into that trap like most of my friends did where i would be a prisoner in my own home. BTW I so don't regret it!
I will agree that kids are not for everyone. But instead of saying never have kids and get as surgery to prevent it. How about advise "wait until you are ready"?

Granted a vasectomy is reversible, but still.

I don't have kids yet, but I will some day. But not until I am financially secure and ready to have the responsibility. And before you say it, there are no accidents. There are unplanned ones, but everyone knows what they were doing when the "accident" occurred.

Also, a couple should be working together for each others dreams, not at the expense of one. If someone marries another that has completely different views and goals, then it was going to be difficult from the start as neither have the same priorities.

Last edited by ~Stingray; 03-28-2017 at 10:41 AM.

Quick Reply: Some people.......