Sponsored by:

Some people.......

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 09:13 PM
Silver C7
Burning Brakes

Received 313 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by RedC7AZ
I was wondering the other day if Melo still drives the C7 his wife gave him a couple years ago for his birthday.
Somebody's paying attention.... I've only seen him bring his Maybach to The Garden...

Last edited by Silver C7; 03-28-2017 at 09:14 PM.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:25 PM
GreenGA
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 115 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by pdiddy972
In my 20s I worried what people thought about me

In my 40s I wondered what people thought about me

In my 60s I realized no one was thinking about me to begin with
The following users liked this post:
itaylorm (03-29-2017)
Old 03-29-2017, 02:28 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Goat MN
I just had a good one happen on Saturday. The wife and I were out and about with the Vette and we stopped by the boat dealer to say hello and wish our friend a happy birthday. Before we leave we are standing outside and some guy pulls up in a POS truck with a crappy trailer gets out and asks me if that is my car. I say yes (we are standing right next to it) then he looks at me and says "and you have a boat?" I say yes, he says must be nice, so I respond with the comment that I have been very fortunate in life and worked hard. Now a couple hours later our friend texts me and says the guy went inside and told them if I owned a car like that and a boat I must be a drug dealer! Apparently he was serious. I have no clue what people are thinking any more..
It's the dumbing down of America...those that earned grades < "B" or "A" had to end up somewhere.

Originally Posted by RedC7AZ
I was wondering the other day if Melo still drives the C7 his wife gave him a couple years ago for his birthday.
Had to be a Vert....no way could he get into a Coupe.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:56 AM
Mike Campbell
Le Mans Master

Received 1,067 Likes on 591 Posts

It really is almost comical how people today have been programmed. I worked all my life and even when I had my own small company there was one dominate factor. Whether it was my bosses or my customers , I always worked for a rich guy! So I don't resent successful people because they're the ones who provided me with the means to raise a family, make a living and yes, one day own a Corvette.
The following users liked this post:
sunsalem (03-29-2017)

Quick Reply: Some people.......