Sponsored by:

2014 and newer dry sump oil changes, use of Mobil 1

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 10:09 AM
cib12
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 and newer dry sump oil changes, use of Mobil 1

the easy way to clear up the dealer misinformation on dry sump and the use of Mobil 1 is to go on line and chat with a GM rep. I did this and got the correct info about the first oil change at 500 miles and how many oil changes GM provides. I asked the GM person to contact my GM dealer about this. He did so and cleared up any problems that may come up when you go in for a service. Done deal!
Old 03-28-2017, 02:56 PM
KemahGT
Burning Brakes

Received 282 Likes on 184 Posts

That's great!

Don't make the same mistake that I made. After confirmation of Mobil 1 in an email verifying my appointment I gave my car to another service writer thinking they probably do it to all C7s under warranty. Stupid assumption on my part. I got my car back with GM oil AND an extra 2 quarts on top! And I don't mean a couple of bottles to take home. It was overfilled!

Needless to say I drove it home to remove the overage myself. How could I possibly trust them after that!
Old 03-28-2017, 03:12 PM
cib12
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you should always check car over before leaving
Old 03-28-2017, 05:41 PM
KemahGT
Burning Brakes

Received 282 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by cib12
you should always check car over before leaving
I did. That's why I drove home and drained the excess myself. I had already been there 2 hours for a scheduled oil change. There was NO way I was gonna let those morons have it back.

I'm the cheap skate dumb *** that let them give me my 3rd "free" oil change. The first two were done by other dealers. I guess I kinda figured they all knew what they were doing since they got Mobil 1 in the tank and got the level correct at Radley Chevrolet Fredericksburg VA and Bradley Chevrolet Lake Havasu AZ.

Like my grand pappy said, if you want it done right sometimes you gotta do it yourself.

BTW, Classic Chevrolet Galveston TX was the dealer that gave me my 3rd change.

Get notified of new replies

To 2014 and newer dry sump oil changes, use of Mobil 1

Quick Reply: 2014 and newer dry sump oil changes, use of Mobil 1