Notices
C7 Parts for Sale/Wanted C7 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carbon Fiber Competition Steering Wheel Cap

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 03:12 PM
0subchev
Former Vendor

Received 204 Likes on 170 Posts
Default Carbon Fiber Competition Steering Wheel Cap

Look at what the Trunk Monkey has brought to you today!!

COMPETITION SCRIPT LOGO STEALTH CARBON STEERING WHEEL SPOKE COVER - GM (23273165)

Although there are quite a few options for the C7 Steering wheels with the flat-bottom.

But most of the Competition Scripted Steering Wheels are only sold with Suede, and not everybody is necessarily a fan of suede, but would rather enjoy seeing the Competition logo.

Well, you can replace only that "Steering Wheel Spoke Cap" so that instead of a plain cap or a carbon fiber Z06 script cap,
you are now able to have the Competition scripted Steering wheel in leather and with any available stitching color.

COMPETITION SCRIPT LOGO STEALTH CARBON STEERING WHEEL SPOKE COVER - GM (23273165)

Cheers

Attached Images  
Old 01-25-2016, 11:31 PM
purple heart
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts

Default Carbon steering wheel spoke cover - gm

Originally Posted by subchev
Look at what the Trunk Monkey has brought to you today!!

Although there are quite a few options for the C7 Steering wheels with the flat-bottom.

But most of the Competition Scripted Steering Wheels are only sold with Suede, and not everybody is necessarily a fan of suede, but would rather enjoy seeing the Competition logo.

Well, you can replace only that "Steering Wheel Spoke Cap" so that instead of a plain cap or a carbon fiber Z06 script cap,
you are now able to have the Competition scripted Steering wheel in leather and with any available stitching color.

Cheers

I would like to know if you can make the carbon fiber steering wheel spoke cover to say "STINGRAY" instead of "COMPETITION"?
If so, I will place my order immediately...just say the word!

Sal
Old 01-26-2016, 02:51 AM
brandont619
Instructor

Received 100 Likes on 20 Posts

What's the install process look like?
Old 01-26-2016, 11:15 AM
Rguy271
Pro

Received 106 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by purple heart
I would like to know if you can make the carbon fiber steering wheel spoke cover to say "STINGRAY" instead of "COMPETITION"?
If so, I will place my order immediately...just say the word!

Sal
Unless they can get GM to start making that part you're SOL...

Also wondering what install process is like for this...how to remove old one without messing anything up...

Last edited by Rguy271; 01-26-2016 at 11:16 AM.
Old 01-26-2016, 01:57 PM
0subchev
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by brandont619
What's the install process look like?

There are no official installation instructions that have been released from GM.
Looking at the back of the cap, it has three small posts (two smaller ones and one larger one) that clip into the steering wheel when it is pressed into place.
The airbag will need to be removed as it covers the top portion of the cap.
As far as removal goes for your old one I would start gently prying at the top behind the airbag once that has been removed.

The last picture shows the angle of the "clips" in accordance to the angle of the steering wheel so you have a better idea of which direction it will need to be removed.
Attached Images      
Old 01-26-2016, 04:17 PM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I just started from the bottom side and pulled it off. No air bag removal, nothing fancy. It's a sturdy little part, so with some pulling and wiggling it came out.
Old 01-26-2016, 04:40 PM
0subchev
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Rooster OG
I just started from the bottom side and pulled it off. No air bag removal, nothing fancy. It's a sturdy little part, so with some pulling and wiggling it came out.
That's great to hear!
If you would like this one we have pictured since it is in stock it will ship right away for you, not something we'll have to order in

Last edited by subchev; 01-26-2016 at 06:05 PM.
Old 01-26-2016, 11:37 PM
promethius
Burning Brakes

Received 378 Likes on 189 Posts

Just got my flat bottom wheel and removed the bottom trim piece with a nylon trim removal tool. Just take your time and move around the piece as you release it from the wheel, so you don't break the posts. Very easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The following users liked this post:
subchev (01-27-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To Carbon Fiber Competition Steering Wheel Cap

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Competition Steering Wheel Cap