Notices
C7 Parts for Sale/Wanted C7 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Now available from SCP: C7 Anderson Composites Carbon Fiber Mud Flaps

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 05:38 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Default Now available from SCP: C7 Anderson Composites Carbon Fiber Mud Flaps

Corvette C7 Carbon Fiber Front and Rear Mud Flats from Anderson Composites

Anderson Composites specializes in fiberglass and carbon fiber components for late-model domestic makes and models. They manufacture each and every one of their products with the utmost attention to detail and only use top-grade materials for a quality product you can trust. Their extensive manufacturing experience allows Anderson Composites to construct everything from hoods, trunk lids, spoilers, side rockers, lip kits, to more complex pieces like doors in both fiberglass and carbon fiber. Their research and development team understands that the foundation for performance starts with how a product is made. Anderson Composites take pride in their innovative and cutting-edge production process that makes the possibilities endless.

Fitment:
Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray 2014-2016

Check them out here:
Corvette C7 Carbon Fiber Front Mud Flats from Anderson Composites
Corvette C7 Carbon Fiber Rear Mud Flats from Anderson Composites

Last edited by southerncarparts; 04-08-2016 at 09:59 AM.
Old 04-07-2016, 06:54 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

Nice, how about we call them 'stone guards' instead? lol
Old 04-08-2016, 02:39 PM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Louisville Ky NCM Lifetime Member 429 (Member Since 1993)
Received 261 Likes on 182 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '16

They look nice.

Have a few questions:

1) Do you have any pictures of these installed (or at least pictures from the backside, since that is the side that will stick out from the car and be seen when looking at the car from behind)?

2) Are these being produced for just the Base C7, or will these be produced for the Z06 as well? If there are plans for a z06 version, will there be spats developed as well? What would be ideal, is a Z06 product that has both the mud guards and spats as one piece, and then develop a rear that will go all the way around the wheel.

I realize these exist from other vendors today, but it would be great if there was a more cost effective option.

3) With the faces (as shown above), will there not be serious issues with rock chips from daily driving? How long will they look good (if this is an issue)?

Thanks!
Old 04-09-2016, 01:57 AM
Sk8Man_
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by RACE U
They look nice.

Have a few questions:

1) Do you have any pictures of these installed (or at least pictures from the backside, since that is the side that will stick out from the car and be seen when looking at the car from behind)?

Thanks!
These do not look to be any kind of stone-guard for the side of the car but a direct replacement for the stock "splash" guards already on the car only of CF material rather than plastic. I do not see any part of the design that will protrude out past the body line to deflect stones in order to protect the side of the car.

The only product that I know of that replaces the factory "splash-guard" or "mudflap" directly and has a provision made as part of it to protrude out past the normal body line of the car so as to block stones and trash from being thrown down the side of the car are those made by ACS out of Canada. I purchased a set of these, the base none painted ones, and I installed them on my car, a Z06/Z07, as they appear to do the job of being able to protect the side of the car more than the stock factory setup. The only thing is they are expensive in my opinion as they are "cheaply" made with the material being half, at best, as thick in construction as the factory "splash-guards" they replace, and not nearly as well or precisely molded. I am using them but very disappointed in their quality!!!

I do not know why Chevrolet does not carry the factory fender extension on the Z06 model all the way around the fender line down to the bottom of the fender-well in the back like it is in the front of the fender-well rather than blending it into the fender-well opening long before coming down the back side of the opening. It protrudes just the right amount in front to be the fix for stones in the back and would look much better than an add on item, especially one so cheaply made as the ACS "mudflap"...!!!

Last edited by Sk8Man_; 04-09-2016 at 02:01 AM.
Old 04-17-2016, 03:25 PM
NinjamanZ51
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 102 Posts
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

I have no issues about fitment and quality in regard to my ACS front mud flaps. You must have a production fluke.

Originally Posted by Sk8Man_
These do not look to be any kind of stone-guard for the side of the car but a direct replacement for the stock "splash" guards already on the car only of CF material rather than plastic. I do not see any part of the design that will protrude out past the body line to deflect stones in order to protect the side of the car.

The only product that I know of that replaces the factory "splash-guard" or "mudflap" directly and has a provision made as part of it to protrude out past the normal body line of the car so as to block stones and trash from being thrown down the side of the car are those made by ACS out of Canada. I purchased a set of these, the base none painted ones, and I installed them on my car, a Z06/Z07, as they appear to do the job of being able to protect the side of the car more than the stock factory setup. The only thing is they are expensive in my opinion as they are "cheaply" made with the material being half, at best, as thick in construction as the factory "splash-guards" they replace, and not nearly as well or precisely molded. I am using them but very disappointed in their quality!!!

I do not know why Chevrolet does not carry the factory fender extension on the Z06 model all the way around the fender line down to the bottom of the fender-well in the back like it is in the front of the fender-well rather than blending it into the fender-well opening long before coming down the back side of the opening. It protrudes just the right amount in front to be the fix for stones in the back and would look much better than an add on item, especially one so cheaply made as the ACS "mudflap"...!!!
Old 04-18-2016, 12:38 AM
Sk8Man_
Racer

Originally Posted by NinjamanZ51
I have no issues about fitment and quality in regard to my ACS front mud flaps. You must have a production fluke.
Like I said the fit of the ACS "mud-flaps" was for the "most part" fine and the installation was easy, but the quality of the product was lacking. The difference in your oponion and mine is because I am a "perfectionist" and look for quality in everything that I am involved with.

I have run across another product here on CF which is by APSIS that I didn't know about before acquiring the ACS and that I am looking into. They have a "mud-flap" type product already available that appears to be of a much better quality and they have been working in a full length fender extension similar to what I have described as the real way to best fix the problem.

Last edited by Sk8Man_; 04-18-2016 at 12:49 AM.
Old 04-18-2016, 09:53 AM
purple heart
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
Corvette C7 Carbon Fiber Front and Rear Mud Flats from Anderson Composites

Anderson Composites specializes in fiberglass and carbon fiber components for late-model domestic makes and models. They manufacture each and every one of their products with the utmost attention to detail and only use top-grade materials for a quality product you can trust. Their extensive manufacturing experience allows Anderson Composites to construct everything from hoods, trunk lids, spoilers, side rockers, lip kits, to more complex pieces like doors in both fiberglass and carbon fiber. Their research and development team understands that the foundation for performance starts with how a product is made. Anderson Composites take pride in their innovative and cutting-edge production process that makes the possibilities endless.

Fitment:
Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray 2014-2016

Check them out here:
Corvette C7 Carbon Fiber Front Mud Flats from Anderson Composites
Corvette C7 Carbon Fiber Rear Mud Flats from Anderson Composites

of them on a car....
Old 04-18-2016, 10:45 AM
Sk8Man_
Racer

Originally Posted by purple heart
of them on a car....
I agree! But I can tell you just by the pictures he has provided that those are not "mudflaps" but are only direct replacements of the factory "splash-guards". They are nice if you are that heavy into the carbon-fiber look.

Last edited by Sk8Man_; 04-18-2016 at 10:46 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Now available from SCP: C7 Anderson Composites Carbon Fiber Mud Flaps

Quick Reply: Now available from SCP: C7 Anderson Composites Carbon Fiber Mud Flaps