Notices
C7 Parts for Sale/Wanted C7 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New C7 Glass Roof

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 01:25 PM
USA1-
Racer

Received 161 Likes on 57 Posts
Default New C7 Glass Roof

Just bought a '16 with both roofs. Can't use the glass top so it's for sale. First $1295 takes it. Never used. 100% new 603-785-9718
Attached Images  

Last edited by USA1-; 05-28-2016 at 09:00 AM.
Old 05-27-2016, 02:16 PM
dcher
Burning Brakes

Received 220 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by USA1-
Just bought a '16 with both roofs. Can't use the glass top so it's for sale. First $1795 takes it. Never used. 100% new 603-785-9718
Way overpriced. you should be around 1200 or less. One can buy a new one from a vendor for 1575.
Old 05-27-2016, 03:37 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Received 421 Likes on 319 Posts

LOL Not to pee in your cheerios but sold mine in Jan for $1100 and it still had the protective film on it and was in a bag. I think $1200 is a closer expectation. If this is to much PM me and I will delete post.
Old 05-27-2016, 05:04 PM
m3incorp
Burning Brakes

Received 211 Likes on 157 Posts

It is always good to check for similar items have typically sold for. Yes understand it was a $1995 option but unfortunately not many people want to pay nearly that amount. Exposed carbon fiber roofs are selling right at the $2K mark on here.
Old 05-29-2016, 03:46 AM
m3incorp
Burning Brakes

Your revised price should get it sold pretty quickly.
Old 05-30-2016, 08:28 AM
04screamin
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Still available?
Old 05-30-2016, 09:27 AM
vettes269
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Default top

Just bought a '16 with both roofs. Can't use the glass top so it's for sale. First $1295 takes it. Never used. 100% new 603-785-9718
You know it looks like people would mind their own business instead of telling you how to sell your item. It doesn't matter how much you get for it as long as both parties are satisfied with the price. These guys ruined your post! Looks like they could have PM'd you instead of posting it to give you advice.
The following users liked this post:
JST4PLA (05-30-2016)
Old 05-30-2016, 09:42 AM
m3incorp
Burning Brakes

Looks like these guys helped him sell Realistically, most people that buy on this site have done at least a little research. Sometimes, someone that hasn't tracked what an item cost new will inadvertently list it for more than the price would be new, which was the case. I'm sure the seller appreciates having been nicely told that and thus allowing him to sell his item fast.

Originally Posted by vettes269
You know it looks like people would mind their own business instead of telling you how to sell your item. It doesn't matter how much you get for it as long as both parties are satisfied with the price. These guys ruined your post! Looks like they could have PM'd you instead of posting it to give you advice.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:53 AM
USA1-
Racer

Originally Posted by m3incorp
Looks like these guys helped him sell Realistically, most people that buy on this site have done at least a little research. Sometimes, someone that hasn't tracked what an item cost new will inadvertently list it for more than the price would be new, which was the case. I'm sure the seller appreciates having been nicely told that and thus allowing him to sell his item fast.
Thanks for the advice but Not sold yet. 😊
Old 05-30-2016, 11:48 AM
USA1-
Racer

Originally Posted by vettes269
Couldn't agree with you more. I wasn't going to say anything until the big mouths starting taking credit for selling the roof for me. I know how to sell. I posted it high for a reason. Then the"experts" chimed in forcing me to lower the price immediately. I thought this was the selling section...not the Forum. How about the experts keep their opinions for the Forum. When I posted it I expected replies from buyers...not experts. Maybe you meant well but you should just mind your business and let people sell their stuff for the price they'd like. If it doesn't sell...guess what...we are smart enough the lower the price. We don't need you to throw lo-ball prices out if your not interested in the item. There should be a policy in this section. BE A BUYER OR BE SILENT!!!!!
The following users liked this post:
JST4PLA (05-30-2016)
Old 05-30-2016, 04:56 PM
m3incorp
Burning Brakes

Hey wasn't trying to be a big mouth and definitely not an expert. My buddy in NY actually told me he was going to buy it after you dropped the price and thus my reason for my comment, and definitely didn't try to take credit for anything. Maybe something made him change his mind or he just hasn't contacted you yet. No one claims to be an expert....list it for whatever, it's just that those that do research will look at certain sells as a person that isn't really being serious with selling. Good luck with it either way. Funny how everyone loves to hear which dealers are selling the cars with the most discount, and that is OK You insinuate that I threw a lowball price out there and that isn't true, as I never contacted you.

Couldn't agree with you more. I wasn't going to say anything until the big mouths starting taking credit for selling the roof for me. I know how to sell. I posted it high for a reason. Then the"experts" chimed in forcing me to lower the price immediately. I thought this was the selling section...not the Forum. How about the experts keep their opinions for the Forum. When I posted it I expected replies from buyers...not experts. Maybe you meant well but you should just mind your business and let people sell their stuff for the price they'd like. If it doesn't sell...guess what...we are smart enough the lower the price. We don't need you to throw lo-ball prices out if your not interested in the item. There should be a policy in this section. BE A BUYER OR BE SILENT!!!!!

Last edited by m3incorp; 05-30-2016 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-30-2016, 06:49 PM
STVETTE
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Yikes...
Old 05-30-2016, 07:39 PM
USA1-
Racer

Originally Posted by m3incorp
Hey wasn't trying to be a big mouth and definitely not an expert. My buddy in NY actually told me he was going to buy it after you dropped the price and thus my reason for my comment, and definitely didn't try to take credit for anything. Maybe something made him change his mind or he just hasn't contacted you yet. No one claims to be an expert....list it for whatever, it's just that those that do research will look at certain sells as a person that isn't really being serious with selling. Good luck with it either way. Funny how everyone loves to hear which dealers are selling the cars with the most discount, and that is OK You insinuate that I threw a lowball price out there and that isn't true, as I never contacted you.
You didn't!!!! dcher wrote "Way overpriced. you should be around 1200 or less. One can buy a new one from a vendor for 1575. " Then teddyca wrote "Not to pee in your cheerios but sold mine in Jan for $1100 and it still had the protective film on it and was in a bag. I think $1200 is a closer expectation." ON MY AD!!!! Who does that? Who asked for their opinion? The only members who should ask a question or make a comment in the Market Place are the ones who want to buy the product. Want to slam someone or make comments...go to the forum. Someone tell me I'm wrong. So no you didn't lo-ball my asking price. They sure as hell did.
Old 05-30-2016, 11:59 PM
m3incorp
Burning Brakes

I understand and totally see your point. No worries, it will sell soon.

You didn't!!!! dcher wrote "Way overpriced. you should be around 1200 or less. One can buy a new one from a vendor for 1575. " Then teddyca wrote "Not to pee in your cheerios but sold mine in Jan for $1100 and it still had the protective film on it and was in a bag. I think $1200 is a closer expectation." ON MY AD!!!! Who does that? Who asked for their opinion? The only members who should ask a question or make a comment in the Market Place are the ones who want to buy the product. Want to slam someone or make comments...go to the forum. Someone tell me I'm wrong. So no you didn't lo-ball my asking price. They sure as hell did.
Old 05-31-2016, 04:19 PM
vettes269
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by usa1-
you didn't!!!! Dcher wrote "way overpriced. You should be around 1200 or less. One can buy a new one from a vendor for 1575. " then teddyca wrote "not to pee in your cheerios but sold mine in jan for $1100 and it still had the protective film on it and was in a bag. I think $1200 is a closer expectation." on my ad!!!! Who does that? Who asked for their opinion? The only members who should ask a question or make a comment in the market place are the ones who want to buy the product. Want to slam someone or make comments...go to the forum. Someone tell me i'm wrong. So no you didn't lo-ball my asking price. They sure as hell did.
thank you for those words of truth!!!!
Old 05-31-2016, 07:35 PM
wnunez89
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Opinions are like buttholes. Everyone has one but very few wanna hear them.

Anyway, GLWS! I wish I was in the position to buy it from you as this was one of the options I originally wanted.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:32 PM
USA1-
Racer

Sold
Old 05-31-2016, 10:34 PM
m3incorp
Burning Brakes

Congrats

Sold
Old 06-01-2016, 07:30 AM
Corvette03051
Melting Slicks

Received 417 Likes on 220 Posts

Default Glass roof

So the guy wants to sell the glass roof and some of you have hijacked the thread and IMO are out of line. I think this is still a country where anyone can do whatever he wants as long as it is legal. Ok sometime not legal if you are a politician. Happy it's sold!

Last edited by Corvette03051; 06-01-2016 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Add

Get notified of new replies

To New C7 Glass Roof

Quick Reply: New C7 Glass Roof