C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Billy Boat C7 Fusion Bi-Modal Exhaust - here it is

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 02:12 PM
Jon@bbexhaust
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Billy Boat C7 Fusion Bi-Modal Exhaust - here it is

Here is the Billy Boat Performance Exhaust C7 Fusion Bi-Modal Exhaust. First picture being shown to the public and you saw it here on Corvetteforums.com. If you are at the SEMA Show next week stop in to our booth number 23313 and see it in person.

Here is some product info:

CORVETTE C7 FUSION BI-MODAL EXHAUST SYSTEM

Billy Boat Performance Exhaust uses experience in bi-modal muffler design to further enhance the factory system.

• Fusion provides a deeper, richer and more voluminous sound than the OEM NPP system
• Mufflers incorporate two passages through which exhaust can travel. A butterfly valve, built into the mufflers, regulates which passage is used.
• Passage One is a muffled and chambered tube incorporating Billy Boat’s exclusive PRT (Purge Resonance Technology) to eliminate drone at cruising speeds, while delivering deep and smooth American V8 muscle car sound
• Passage two is a straight through tube that increases the sound volume to adrenaline pumping levels, as well as increases horsepower and torque
• Fusion can be simply incorporated with the OEM C7 NPP system controls
• Proprietary 3" butterfly valve system available (OEM uses 2.5” valves)
• 3” pipe diameter
• Manufactured to precise standards using T-304 stainless steel and TIG welding techniques
• 4” round or 4.5” oval double walled tips
• Limited Lifetime Warranty against rust, corrosion or burn through
• Made in the USA
Attached Images  
Old 11-01-2013, 02:48 PM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 331 Likes on 241 Posts

Any new tip designs? Maybe something similar to the shape of the opening. The factory tips look like trumpets and don't complement the rear of the car, in fact they look like an oversight. I think exhaust manufacturers have a grand opportunity to hit a home run.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:02 PM
Jon@bbexhaust
Instructor

Originally Posted by NemesisC5
Any new tip designs? Maybe something similar to the shape of the opening. The factory tips look like trumpets and don't complement the rear of the car, in fact they look like an oversight. I think exhaust manufacturers have a grand opportunity to hit a home run.
Yes.

Here is a blurb. Photos to follow as soon as we take some:

C7 Billet Exhaust Tips offer a custom look and better conform to the shape of the rear. Introduces more of the angles seen at the rear. Manufactured from billet aluminum and available in multiple finishes including polished, black, and custom colors. Can be added to B&B Performance Exhaust systems or to the factory exhaust system.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:21 PM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Can't wait to hear sound clips with the OEM control. I agree with Nemisis... someone needs to build something like this...

Take the exhaust you pictured in the OP, paint the back sides of the mufflers and remaining outlet pipes black and cut off the shiny tips. Then have someone develop a metal trim ring that slips into the OEM fascia opening to mimic one large exhaust outlet... it'd be killer.

In this shot it looks metallic already, but it's not in the production cars.

Old 11-01-2013, 05:21 PM
Jon@bbexhaust
Instructor

Here is an example of our new billet exhaust tips. We'll also have them in multiple finishes including polished, black, and custom colors. You can use them on Billy Boat exhaust, and they can be mounted to the factory exhaust too.
Attached Images  
Old 11-01-2013, 09:39 PM
obzidian
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Wait im confused.... Shouldnt the exhaust tips allow exhaust to exit via the tips??
Old 11-02-2013, 03:15 PM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 331 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by travisnd
Can't wait to hear sound clips with the OEM control. I agree with Nemisis... someone needs to build something like this...

That's one sweet rear end! A diffuser with any sort of lines would help the looks immensely. As plain as the bottom half of the C7 rear is adding one large tip may not be enough without diffuser. Maybe a twin tip maintaining a consistent gap/margin between tips and opening could be the ticket. Photoshop anyone?
Old 11-02-2013, 04:23 PM
obzidian
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '09

Those work with angles of the new rear. I have a sneaky suspicion there is a diffuser stuffed in one of the GM vaults that has those diffusers... perhaps for a future model.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:47 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Very nice and looking forward to hearing one on a C7
Old 11-03-2013, 09:08 AM
avalonandl
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 18 Posts

Sound clips
Old 11-03-2013, 10:05 AM
BBExhaust
Supporting Manufacturer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for the feedback. We will be at SEMA this week so I will post some sound clips as soon as we get back.

I terms of the tips, we are looking at a variety of options. I love the feedback so keep it coming. One thing I am trying to do is add an element of personalization to the tips in shape and color, so your opinion is what we need. The tips shown have a removeable face. You would be able to change the color without changing the tip itself. Only the face is shown, as I have not mounted them on a system yet.

Billy Boat
Old 11-03-2013, 07:27 PM
obzidian
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '09

Hmmmm... I agree that the round tips just don't flow well with the rear design... But I wouldn't want to see something drastic and over the top.

The shape of the tips on that red car look great however notice how the size of the tips vary. I think that subtle difference makes those tips look as good as they do. Another point is how thin the walls are on those tips which again doesn't make them look overdone.

Also I'm a sucker for those black tips.... Just not in a glossy black.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:54 PM
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 13 Posts

If any tip designs have straight edges you had better have a way to get the alignment perfect. One or two cocked tips will make it look like crap. Round hides a lot of sin. Looking forward to see what you come up with.
Old 07-27-2014, 05:07 AM
DBR9 KLR
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Borla Exhaust

Get notified of new replies

To Billy Boat C7 Fusion Bi-Modal Exhaust - here it is

Quick Reply: Billy Boat C7 Fusion Bi-Modal Exhaust - here it is