C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vengeance Header comparison

Old 12-12-2013, 10:11 PM
kutlow
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 135 Posts

Default Vengeance Header comparison

Since CF closed the thread for what ever reason would you please post your results to your facebook page for all us to see please. I cant believe a forum that actually helps us gets shut down because venders don't like their products tested.

Moderators no reason to ban me either I just want to make a informed decision before I buy. Thank you.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:20 AM
bjschubert
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kutlow
Since CF closed the thread for what ever reason would you please post your results to your facebook page for all us to see please. I cant believe a forum that actually helps us gets shut down because venders don't like their products tested.

Moderators no reason to ban me either I just want to make a informed decision before I buy. Thank you.

Its a shame that a few morons on this forum get a great thread shut down. I live close to Vengeance and spend a bunch of time there. I have known Ron since Vengeance opened. With that being said I was there for the comparisons, I was there when Ron was taking pictures. I was there for the Dyno pulls. His numbers are legit, and his take on fit and finish was spot on. Hes doing his research so his customers don't have too. He wasn't bashing one vendor over the other, he was showing YOU the customer what his results were. I will go even a step further!! I drove the car with both sets of headers!! How many people here can say that??? There is a noticeable difference! Not just fit and finish but performance as well. I think Ron and the guys at Vengeance did their best to be as accurate as they possibly could in order to avoid any skeptics dumb *** responses! Unfortunately you cant fix stupid! Before you all start bashing me, I don't get anything from Vengeance, I don't work for Vengeance. I have the privilege of seeing first hand what goes on there. There's no smoke and mirrors! Ron stands behind what he sells because of this type of R&D.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:45 AM
ChucksZ06
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 23 Posts

Way to go Corvette Forum...keep the forum limited to the endless, factless, b--ching that all you old men seem to relish. I hope Ron posts his results on ls1tech where facts matter more than they do on this forum.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:54 AM
0Ron@Vengeance Racing
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

All is well guys. I have been PMing the moderator that locked the other thread. His concern had nothing to do with the results or technical info shared. Locking the thread had everything to do with some "fake" accounts and folks acting inappropriately. I have been invited to re post the results after completing the Kooks install/testing that will take place Monday.

BJ, when I said you could drive the C7 I didnt mean @ WOT
Old 12-13-2013, 10:58 AM
Graham Behan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good for you Ron, that was a very well presented, informative post detailing what we have all seen.

Well done sir.

Graham.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:01 AM
bjschubert
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance Racing
All is well guys. I have been PMing the moderator that locked the other thread. His concern had nothing to do with the results or technical info shared. Locking the thread had everything to do with some "fake" accounts and folks acting inappropriately. I have been invited to re post the results after completing the Kooks install/testing that will take place Monday.

BJ, when I said you could drive the C7 I didnt mean @ WOT
How else do you drive a Corvette??? I don't Understand!!!!!
Old 12-13-2013, 11:58 PM
blf0005
Racer

To silence all the critics, It may be a good idea to throw the pfadt on one more time and do a few more runs to show that the low end tq is consistent. Shouldn't bee too big a deal for your guys!
Old 12-14-2013, 09:23 AM
0Ron@Vengeance Racing
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by blf0005
To silence all the critics, It may be a good idea to throw the pfadt on one more time and do a few more runs to show that the low end tq is consistent. Shouldn't bee too big a deal for your guys!

We have 17 pulls with the Pfadt headers installed all within a few HP/TQ. That being said I would be happy to print an additional dyno sheet of each header comparison showing multiple runs so that we can all see the consistency.

Once we test the Kooks Monday we are moving on to cylinder head testing and nitrous tuning.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:33 AM
algZO6
Melting Slicks

Received 106 Likes on 80 Posts

Ron, what size kooks are you testing? I just picked up some of their new 2" for my C5, just waiting to get them back from Swain Tech.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:17 PM
ChucksZ06
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 23 Posts

Shouldn't bee too big a deal for your guys!
If you do not operate a small business it is hard to understand how tight money is for all of us who do. Buying an expensive car and paying for all the man hours of labor to do the testing that these shops are doing is a big deal and they have to sell a lot of projects/products to recoup these costs. When you are the owner that money comes out of your paycheck not the companies giant r&d budget.
Thank you Ron at Vengeance and all the other speed shops doing this research that greatly benefits us owners.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:47 PM
CTD
Melting Slicks

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by ChucksZ06
If you do not operate a small business it is hard to understand how tight money is for all of us who do. Buying an expensive car and paying for all the man hours of labor to do the testing that these shops are doing is a big deal and they have to sell a lot of projects/products to recoup these costs. When you are the owner that money comes out of your paycheck not the companies giant r&d budget.
Thank you Ron at Vengeance and all the other speed shops doing this research that greatly benefits us owners.
Nicely said, it is a big deal
Old 12-14-2013, 07:18 PM
blf0005
Racer

By "shouldn't be a big deal" I was referencing how skilled their employees are implying that they could swap a set of headers in no time at all.

And, while I understand what you are saying, I highly doubt this project is taking time out of customer's vehicles.
Old 12-15-2013, 05:57 AM
brokenparts
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

taking time out of customers vehicles? Who else does the work? There is not an unlimited supply of mechanics that are willing to work for free...

if these guys dont do the work during normal hours then they have to spend extra time at the shop, away from friends and family to provide you, the customer, with this information.

Last edited by brokenparts; 12-15-2013 at 06:00 AM.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:00 AM
blf0005
Racer

I would assume customer vehicles come first. But it doesn't matter. I'm not going to argue about it. My original comment was only meant to praise their employees skill and speed in doing jobs.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:54 AM
CTD
Melting Slicks

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

The install time of the headers is the lesser of the evils. Dyno time, tuning, sorting thru the data, consistent repeatable & comparable results......this is where the time is really consumed. Then the crap that goes on after posting results......Purple Hearts should awarded
Old 12-15-2013, 09:08 PM
0Ron@Vengeance Racing
Former Vendor

Guys lets have a thread in the C7 Tech section without arguing

I appreciate the good words not only about our willingness to post unbiased results, but our quality technicians as well.

CTD said it best... The install time of the headers is the lesser of the evils. Dyno time, tuning, sorting thru the data, consistent repeatable & comparable results......this is where the time is really consumed. Then the crap that goes on after posting results......Purple Hearts should awarded

Although I don't know about the Purple Heart ( we will leave that for our countries REAL heros)... We will continue to share our results as we dig deeper and deeper into this platform.

The Kooks system arrived as planned. Tomorrow morning we will go back on the dyno for a few pulls to ensure our #s are consistent with last weeks results using the ARH system. Once this is confirmed we will remove the ARH system and install the Kooks system. I hope to have results posted tomorrow afternoon for everyone.

Next up we have two sets of CNC ported cylinder heads to test as well as porting of our intake/throttlebody. We also need to get our Nitrous Outlet system dialed in.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:33 PM
0Ron@Vengeance Racing
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Graham Behan
Good for you Ron, that was a very well presented, informative post detailing what we have all seen.

Well done sir.

Graham.

Thank you sir!

Get notified of new replies

To Vengeance Header comparison

Old 12-15-2013, 11:43 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance Racing
Guys lets have a thread in the C7 Tech section without arguing

I appreciate the good words not only about our willingness to post unbiased results, but our quality technicians as well.

CTD said it best... The install time of the headers is the lesser of the evils. Dyno time, tuning, sorting thru the data, consistent repeatable & comparable results......this is where the time is really consumed. Then the crap that goes on after posting results......Purple Hearts should awarded

Although I don't know about the Purple Heart ( we will leave that for our countries REAL heros)... We will continue to share our results as we dig deeper and deeper into this platform.

The Kooks system arrived as planned. Tomorrow morning we will go back on the dyno for a few pulls to ensure our #s are consistent with last weeks results using the ARH system. Once this is confirmed we will remove the ARH system and install the Kooks system. I hope to have results posted tomorrow afternoon for everyone.

Next up we have two sets of CNC ported cylinder heads to test as well as porting of our intake/throttlebody. We also need to get our Nitrous Outlet system dialed in.

We loved our nitrous outlet kit. Dave and the guys @ nitrous outlet are really Great to deal with. Good luck with your testing. any idea on what shot you will run??

I did a 150shot and was happy with the results.

we are dialing it back to a 100shot with the new mods now (heads/cam/headers).
Old 12-16-2013, 08:49 AM
0Ron@Vengeance Racing
Former Vendor

We installed their dedicated fuel cell and plan to spray up to a 200 shot.. This is on top of our 519/458 #s we are currently making
Old 12-16-2013, 11:18 AM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by kutlow
"Informed decision before <you> buy" what? Headers for a C7 you don't have? What's your motive for trying to trash a vendor in the C7 section?
S.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vengeance Header comparison