C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOW TO: Image Lights C7 specific

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 07:06 PM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Houston Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12, '14
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by cajunboyz
Has everyone whom used the image lights , Have yalll been have having good Luck with them? Image light lasts? has Longivity?
My brand has a life time warranty and you can swap out the film's via slides to put different images in later.

ThedoubleAA.com
Old 05-06-2016, 04:32 PM
Nitro C7
4th Gear

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
NOTE: This is on a 1lt 2014 Corvette with parts ordered from TheDoubleAA.com see link below to order yours.
http://thedoubleaa.com/cart/index.ph...roducts_id=201

Tools Needed:
T-30
7mm socket and ratchet
10mm socket and ratchet
wire taps
Good beer

To remove the door panels you'll need to remove the (2) T-30 screws on the bottom of the door. (see Picture)

Next you'll need to pry back the door button release (both doors) to reveal the 10MM bolt. Remove bolt.

On Drivers side there is a panel that hides the 10 MM bolt (pop it off and remove 10 MM bolt)
On passenger door the bolts are behind the door release button and underneath the door pull you can feel for a small hole. the hole hides the 10mm bolt

This is all that holds the door panel in via bolts. The rest is Push pins. On the bottom of the doors towards the rear T-30 bolt there is a small indention in the door use you fingers or pry tool to slide in and pry back the door panel. NOTE: Remember you're not doing it right unless it sounds like something is breaking.

Once you start to hear an almost cracking sound that is the sound of the push pins popping out. You'll need to go all around and pull out on the door panel to make sure that you have them all pulled out. Now the tricky part.

The new style door panels are slightly different at the tops than the c6. The c6 was a pain to slide into the crevis and was easy to screwup. These have push pins tied into the door and hold the weather stripping in place. (SEE PICTURE) Idealy you'll need to pull the door panel straight out but if you're having problems you can just pull up on it and reseat the push pins in there respective spots and slide the weather stripping back in place. (don't let this part frustrate you as there is always more than one way to skin a cat).

Now disconnect the harnesses holding connected to door and put the door some place nice so it doesn't get scratched up.

Now that we have the door panel off we'll need to remove the sub woofer speaker on the door. It is held in place by (4) 7mm bolts. Remove these bolts. The speaker has a bit of a glue compound on the back so you'll need to find something to pry it back a bit to break the seal. Disconnect the speaker from the Harness

Behind the speaker you'll notice a taped bundle of wires. Use a razor knife and carefully cut a slit in the tape reveal the wires.

You'll be looking for a large Red and blue wire and a smaller grey wire. The Red and blue wire will be your Positive and smaller grey will be your ground aka Trigger wire.

Now you need to mount the image light in the door.

Look where the door moves up and down and you'll notice just towards the inside of the door (from under neath) there is a black grommet, this is where you'll need to drill your hole with the provided hole saw. (you can mount anywhere but this is where I found best.)

Once you have hole drilled mount the light in place and run wire to behind speaker and tap your power and ground (red wire goes to Red and blue) (black wire goes to grey wire)

Lastly put everything back together and show it off and drink a beer (of your choice of course, but make sure its a good beer)

If you have questions feel free to contact us.

Andrew
TheDoubleAA.com
(832) 457 9253
So you get the power source from the speaker? So when do the lights come on?
Old 05-21-2016, 03:03 PM
cajunboyz
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Installed my flag/corvette puddle lights yesterday. I have a problem, it works & looks great & we tighen the locking ring TIGHT, but after opening & closing the door the image wants to turn(phsyics of closing the door)....
Old 05-22-2016, 01:19 AM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I don't understand why it would turn? The light is mounted inside the door with the wires run to that harness you tapped into right? Opening and closing the door shouldn't have any affect on the light at all.
Old 05-22-2016, 06:15 AM
cajunboyz
Pro

Originally Posted by Rooster OG
I don't understand why it would turn? The light is mounted inside the door with the wires run to that harness you tapped into right? Opening and closing the door shouldn't have any affect on the light at all.
I hear ya, BUT , it does , image turns, it doesnt stay in spot as it was installed. Now im kind of bummed that i will have to re pull door panels once i figure out what i want to do
Old 02-17-2017, 09:28 PM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

sorry for late response, once you actually tighten it, there should be screw that you tighten on it so it doesn't move as well.
Old 02-18-2017, 06:55 AM
cajunboyz
Pro

sorry for late response, once you actually tighten it, there should be screw that you tighten on it so it doesn't move as well.
Problem was resolved, it was the part; it was a newer housing they swapped to. They took care of it & reverted back to there previous used housing. Once we re installed the part they sent me using the older housing, No more image turning troubles. And they been on for about 9 months now.
Old 07-21-2017, 04:44 PM
Maximus68
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

NOTE: This is on a 1lt 2014 Corvette with parts ordered from TheDoubleAA.com see link below to order yours.

Tools Needed:
T-30
7mm socket and ratchet
10mm socket and ratchet
wire taps
Good beer

To remove the door panels you'll need to remove the (2) T-30 screws on the bottom of the door. (see Picture)

Next you'll need to pry back the door button release (both doors) to reveal the 10MM bolt. Remove bolt.

On Drivers side there is a panel that hides the 10 MM bolt (pop it off and remove 10 MM bolt)
On passenger door the bolts are behind the door release button and underneath the door pull you can feel for a small hole. the hole hides the 10mm bolt

This is all that holds the door panel in via bolts. The rest is Push pins. On the bottom of the doors towards the rear T-30 bolt there is a small indention in the door use you fingers or pry tool to slide in and pry back the door panel. NOTE: Remember you're not doing it right unless it sounds like something is breaking.

Once you start to hear an almost cracking sound that is the sound of the push pins popping out. You'll need to go all around and pull out on the door panel to make sure that you have them all pulled out. Now the tricky part.

The new style door panels are slightly different at the tops than the c6. The c6 was a pain to slide into the crevis and was easy to screwup. These have push pins tied into the door and hold the weather stripping in place. (SEE PICTURE) Idealy you'll need to pull the door panel straight out but if you're having problems you can just pull up on it and reseat the push pins in there respective spots and slide the weather stripping back in place. (don't let this part frustrate you as there is always more than one way to skin a cat).

Now disconnect the harnesses holding connected to door and put the door some place nice so it doesn't get scratched up.

Now that we have the door panel off we'll need to remove the sub woofer speaker on the door. It is held in place by (4) 7mm bolts. Remove these bolts. The speaker has a bit of a glue compound on the back so you'll need to find something to pry it back a bit to break the seal. Disconnect the speaker from the Harness

Behind the speaker you'll notice a taped bundle of wires. Use a razor knife and carefully cut a slit in the tape reveal the wires.

You'll be looking for a large Red and blue wire and a smaller grey wire. The Red and blue wire will be your Positive and smaller grey will be your ground aka Trigger wire.

Look where the door moves up and down and you'll notice just towards the inside of the door (from under neath) there is a black grommet, this is where you'll need to drill your hole with the provided hole saw. (you can mount anywhere but this is where I found best.)

Once you have hole drilled mount the light in place and run wire to behind speaker and tap your power and ground (red wire goes to Red and blue) (black wire goes to grey wire)

Lastly put everything back together and show it off and drink a beer (of your choice of course, but make sure its a good beer)

Andrew
TheDoubleAA.com
(832) 457 9253
I am trying to get the passenger door panel off in my C7 Z06
I cannot find the 10mm bolt under the door push button
Old 07-22-2017, 07:56 PM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Maximus68
I am trying to get the passenger door panel off in my C7 Z06
I cannot find the 10mm bolt under the door push button

they may have swapped it to a torx head. get a little flashlight or use phone flashlight to see.
Old 07-23-2017, 07:21 AM
Maximus68
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

they may have swapped it to a torx head. get a little flashlight or use phone flashlight to see.
The bolt is straight back
A little deep
But not hidden
Old 09-28-2017, 03:15 PM
KGrant
Melting Slicks

Received 1,195 Likes on 663 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

My brand has a life time warranty and you can swap out the film's via slides to put different images in later.

ThedoubleAA.com
So how do you get additional film images and what is the cost if i bought this and wanted one additional set of images? Also, would you need to remove the panels each time you want to swap out images? Lastly, how long is this DIY job?
Old 10-06-2017, 10:45 AM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

when you order just ask for what films you want. and yes you'd need to remove panels each time to get to the slot to change out films.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:02 PM
vettejoel
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'17

Andrew
TheDoubleAA.com
(832) 457 9253

Left you 4 voicemails....still no call back?
Old 11-09-2017, 03:23 AM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by vettejoel

Andrew
TheDoubleAA.com
(832) 457 9253

Left you 4 voicemails....still no call back?
I don't get much time off so father runs everything for me now.

His email is AndersonEtching@gmail.com and number is 2817015007 Andy
Old 11-10-2017, 12:24 AM
vettejoel
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'17

I don't get much time off so father runs everything for me now.

His email is AndersonEtching@gmail.com and number is 2817015007 Andy
Thanks! I spoke to your dad. He's a true gentleman
The following users liked this post:
Andrew6@TheDoubleAA (12-31-2017)
Old 11-13-2017, 09:54 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

disregard, found my answer .
looks good

Last edited by walleyejack; 11-13-2017 at 09:55 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Andrew6@TheDoubleAA (12-31-2017)
Old 06-29-2018, 04:43 PM
c5bubba
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tools Needed:
T-30
7mm socket and ratchet
10mm socket and ratchet
wire taps
Good beer

Andrew
TheDoubleAA.com
(832) 457 9253
Who makes the connectors you used and where did you get them?
Old 11-01-2020, 11:40 PM
Thudux
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 30 Posts

[QUOTE=jagamajajaran;1590172581]
Originally Posted by vettekat2007

If I'm reading your question correctly, it would be taking out the 7mm (I think they are 7mm) screws that you see in photo that are behind the brushed aluminum piece.
What is that piece called? like to find it in Alcantara
Old 11-02-2020, 01:38 AM
KGrant
Melting Slicks

Received 1,195 Likes on 663 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

I think that this company is no longer in business. The website no longer exist.... Www.TheDoubleAA.com

Quick Reply: HOW TO: Image Lights C7 specific