C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rotor and Pad upgrade question.

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 11:36 AM
C7pimp
Drifting

Received 768 Likes on 245 Posts
Default Rotor and Pad upgrade question.

I have a non-Z51 on order (deposit made, waiting in line) and the only thing I really wish I had was the upgraded rotors and pads from the Z51.

Now, I know that the car uses the exact same calipers, so a rotor and pad swap is available.

My question is, will there be produced a stock Z51 sized upgraded rotor and pad package offered somewhere?

Because if I'm going to upgrade hardware, I want to upgrade to an improved-over-OEM Z51 size rotor and pad on my Non Z51.

Last edited by C7pimp; 12-13-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Old 12-13-2013, 03:10 PM
gr814u2c
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C7pimp
I have a non-Z51 on order (deposit made, waiting in line) and the only thing I really wish I had was the upgraded rotors and pads from the Z51.

Now, I know that the car uses the exact same calipers, so a rotor and pad swap is available.

My question is, will there be produced a stock Z51 sized upgraded rotor and pad package offered somewhere?

Because if I'm going to upgrade hardware, I want to upgrade to an improved-over-OEM Z51 size rotor and pad on my Non Z51.
You will need the Z51 front wheel size to clear the front rotors/calipers.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:40 PM
jb306y
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You would think with the larger Z51 rotors, the calipers would have different brackets to move the caliper out to match the rotors.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:49 PM
Trackaholic
Pro

Received 154 Likes on 69 Posts

I think if I were spending the money for larger brakes (and wanted them for track duty, rather than looks) I'd go to a full BBK from Stoptech, Brembo, AP Racing, etc.

You'd get the full batch of brake lines, mounting hardware, directional rotors for improved cooling, all from companies that specialize in those components.

Of course for something like that you'd be spending quite a bit more.

-T

Get notified of new replies

To Rotor and Pad upgrade question.

Quick Reply: Rotor and Pad upgrade question.