C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines for C7 Available Now!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 10:45 PM
arturox2
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 70 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by JRitt@essex
Okay guys...we'll have a Z06 line in-house tomorrow to examine. The front Z06 lines are a different part number than the Z51/base. The rears are the same on all cars. I'll let you know what we find out, and see how soon we can come up with a front solution. Thanks for your patience gents.
Any updated status? Thank you.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:24 AM
arturox2
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 70 Likes on 61 Posts

ttt
Old 03-27-2015, 08:43 AM
JRitt@essex
Supporting Vendor

Received 417 Likes on 271 Posts

We're still working on this one guys...the C7 Z06 has a really funky/huge bracket it on it that for which we're trying to account. It's not something from the parts bin, so it's taking some work to find a proper solution. We are actively on it. Thanks for your patience.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:27 AM
Greg Quillen
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

We're still working on this one guys...the C7 Z06 has a really funky/huge bracket it on it that for which we're trying to account. It's not something from the parts bin, so it's taking some work to find a proper solution. We are actively on it. Thanks for your patience.
Been awhile any update on Z06 lines?
Old 09-09-2015, 08:25 PM
Sarasota_Mike
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Any updates on Z06/Z07???
Old 10-18-2015, 03:23 PM
WilliamCall
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

I'm also interested in any updates. As mentioned before, the Z06 has a very busy bracket on the rears. The sensor for suspension travel is attached to the bracket. I don't want to mess with the sensor. I was hoping that after I pulled the brake line retaining clip, I could get a couple of wrenches on the brake line to break it apart. No joy!
Old 10-19-2015, 11:01 AM
JRitt@essex
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by WilliamCall
I'm also interested in any updates. As mentioned before, the Z06 has a very busy bracket on the rears. The sensor for suspension travel is attached to the bracket. I don't want to mess with the sensor. I was hoping that after I pulled the brake line retaining clip, I could get a couple of wrenches on the brake line to break it apart. No joy!
I'm so sorry that this took forever and a day to resolve...whew! With the help of several generous customers, we finally have the situation sorted. The rear lines are the same across all C7's...base, Z51, and Z06. The front lines on the base, Z51, and Z07-optioned Z06 (with Carbon Ceramic brakes) are the same. The front lines on Z06's with iron brakes are different however.

We have them sorted, and the front lines for C7 Z06's with iron brakes will start shipping next week. You can place your order now if you'd like.

Part numbers:
Front Spiegler lines for base, Z51, Z07 (carbon ceramic)= 13.02.04600, $105.42
Front Spiegler lines for Z06 with iron brakes= 13.02.05500, $101.07
Rear Spiegler lines for all (base, Z51, Z06, Z07)= 13.02.04700, $87.91

Call us at 704-824-6030 to order. Our new website is just about done. We're hoping to launch it in two weeks. I'll put links to these products on our new site when it launches. Sorry again for the delay, and thanks for your patience!
The following users liked this post:
NortonCO (09-14-2023)
Old 10-19-2015, 02:24 PM
WilliamCall
Racer

Jeff,
Thanks for the feedback! I already have my Spiegler brake lines in hand. I'm looking for a little guidance with regard to installing them on the rear brakes of my Z06. I can remove the retaining clip, but there is no room to get a wrench on the fittings. It appears that the entire rear mounting bracket has to be removed. Is that correct? If not, what's the secret to breaking the coupling loose?
Old 10-19-2015, 03:29 PM
Bremsen
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WilliamCall
Jeff,
Thanks for the feedback! I already have my Spiegler brake lines in hand. I'm looking for a little guidance with regard to installing them on the rear brakes of my Z06. I can remove the retaining clip, but there is no room to get a wrench on the fittings. It appears that the entire rear mounting bracket has to be removed. Is that correct? If not, what's the secret to breaking the coupling loose?
Hi William, My name is Ryan and I work with Jeff. I do most of the test fitments at Essex but I'm going to be 100% honest and say that I cannot remember exactly what I did for those rear lines. It was over a year ago and the C6 and C7 line installs are kind of blurring together as my two most hated line installs to date.

However, looking at some pictures I do believe I removed the bracket completely. If I remember correctly, once the bracket was loose I was able to break the tube nut with a flare wrench, but be careful not to damage the hard line. Once it was loose I think I used a box wrench 1/8 turn at a time to get it completely off due to the lack of room.

One trick I can give you is when you go to install the new SPP lines onto the hard line, make sure the tube nut on the hard line is pressing up against the flare as you start to thread the nut into the Spiegler fitting. The SPP threads seem to be a higher precision than the tube nuts and they can be a bit tedious to get started unless that tube nut is lined up perfectly.
Attached Images  
NortonCO (09-14-2023)
Old 10-19-2015, 11:05 PM
WilliamCall
Racer

Ryan,
Thanks so much! I was afraid I'd have to remove the bracket, a little leery of the suspension position sensor. Another tip that I'll pass on, removing the retainer clip is easy if you use needle nose pliers that have a 90 degree bend. Thanks again!
NortonCO (09-14-2023)
Old 06-22-2016, 10:54 AM
eddie08z06
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Okay guys...we'll have a Z06 line in-house tomorrow to examine. The front Z06 lines are a different part number than the Z51/base. The rears are the same on all cars. I'll let you know what we find out, and see how soon we can come up with a front solution. Thanks for your patience gents.
Hello, will there be install instructions with these for the Z06 iron brakes, and what do the brake lines have to be torqued to on the caliper? Thank you.
Old 06-22-2016, 03:22 PM
JRitt@essex
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by eddie08z06
Hello, will there be install instructions with these for the Z06 iron brakes, and what do the brake lines have to be torqued to on the caliper? Thank you.
We don't include install manuals for brake lines, but you can see our big brake kit install manual for the C7 here. There are some brake line pics in there.

You torque the brake line to the caliper at 14 Ft.-lbs. Thanks!
Old 08-14-2016, 12:20 PM
Chets LS3
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

If I'm upgrading from z51 front brakes to z06 iron brakes. Will I need the z06 oem brackets. Or will I be ok with just the upgraded Speigler lines?

Quick Reply: Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines for C7 Available Now!