C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vengeance Racing installs Halltech CKN Cold Air on Cam/Header C7- Results Inside

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 05:13 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 583 Likes on 313 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Ron, we have a new connector hose on the way. You inadvertently got a 4"X4" hose which is way too big for the TB causing an airgap once the connector hose clamp is tightened.

This is probably why Ron mentioned codes after installation. I'm sure you guys caught this issue, but we are sending the correct 3.75"X4" hose tomorrow.

Thanks,

Jim

"World Class Performance for your Corvette"
Intake Design and Engineering since 1999
Halltech Systems, LLC
262-510-7600

For service email:
orders@halltechsystems.com

www.halltechsystems.com

Old 01-21-2014, 12:11 AM
obzidian
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance Racing
Thanks guys!! We are pretty excited about the gains from the Halltech and even more excited about having a 532RWHP Cam only C7... Good times
I think this hasn't set into ppls minds yet.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:45 AM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Halltech
Tuning is not required with our StingerCKN to make power. Ron told me they got those numbers just bolting it on without touching the code. They state above that it was just bolted on after 30 minutes and bam! Our intake makes most of its power from close to stock tuning parameters, with respect to MAF translation.

Ron can elaborate here. I just got a late night report the other day.

Production is on hold right now. We are out of pre-preg carbon fiber and will not have any for several weeks.
The car was tuned prior to the install of your intake so not really a valid statement. It'll be interesting to hear from 100% stock owners that slap on this intake with no tune.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:27 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by LEAVINU
The car was tuned prior to the install of your intake so not really a valid statement. It'll be interesting to hear from 100% stock owners that slap on this intake with no tune.
It is valid, since it is the case. No further tuning was done for the numbers they achieved. Re-read their statement. Tuning for power was done previously, so no further power could be gleaned from retuning the MAF tables or air fuel ratio, so they were able to bolt on 19 RWHP/21lbs-ft with our intake literally. In other words, the StingerCKN joined the party and brought 19/21 to the already maxed out tuning/cam/headers.

We did install it on three stock motors. +9 RWHP on two stock C7s and +12/8 on the engine dyno was the result. Posted in other threads. 14 RWHP/9lbs-ft with MAF correction.

So the intake bolt on score card:

Stock Manual Katech C7: +9/6 with no tuning
Stock Manual Katech C7 +14/9 with MAF correction only, no power tuning

Stock Halltech C7 auto: +9/6 with no tuning
Stock Halltech C7 auto: +14/9 with MAF correction only, no power tuning
Katech Stage 1 includes our intake and power tuning. Jason has those numbers.

Vengeance Racing cam,headers/power tuning done prior to install. Bolt on Stinger: +19/21 with no further tuning or tweaking.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:04 PM
0Ron@Vengeance Racing
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by obzidian
I think this hasn't set into ppls minds yet.
Waiting for someone to best our cam only results
Old 05-28-2014, 06:15 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Another tuner on a different dyno with the same mods hit 525/456 so there's a pretty big variance mod for mod, different car/dyno/day. I think this illustrates an excellent point. 532 on your dyno could be quite different on another.....etc.

Do you want someone to try to get their dyno to show 533?

BTW, kudos on you achievements. Very nice.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:10 PM
0Ron@Vengeance Racing
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
Another tuner on a different dyno with the same mods hit 525/456 so there's a pretty big variance mod for mod, different car/dyno/day. I think this illustrates an excellent point. 532 on your dyno could be quite different on another.....etc.

Do you want someone to try to get their dyno to show 533?

BTW, kudos on you achievements. Very nice.
My post meant to antagonize Chuck a bit... I realize he just made 525RWHP cam only.

That being said, mod for mod we seem very close.. Obviously different dyno/different day, but cam/headers/cold air and custom calibration were all done on both vehicles. Its nice to see another shop make awesome power with these simple mods
Old 05-28-2014, 08:35 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

My post meant to antagonize Chuck a bit... I realize he just made 525RWHP cam only.

That being said, mod for mod we seem very close.. Obviously different dyno/different day, but cam/headers/cold air and custom calibration were all done on both vehicles. Its nice to see another shop make awesome power with these simple mods
fair enough.

says a lot for the lt1 I think!
Old 05-28-2014, 09:23 PM
cg02175
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

At $1,400 for a cold air kit/intake it should raise the horsepower. That price is freakin outrageous!
Old 05-29-2014, 09:27 AM
0Ron@Vengeance Racing
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by cg02175
At $1,400 for a cold air kit/intake it should raise the horsepower. That price is freakin outrageous!
Their $499.00 plastic intake makes the same power Unfortunately the full CKN was the only version available at the time.
Old 05-30-2014, 03:10 AM
0ChucksTuning
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL $hit, I'll go to LMR's dyno Monday and beat your numbers. My car always makes more power on their dyno lol

Either way, 520-530 cam only? Who'd have thought these things would be so beastly? I'm impressed as hell to be quite honest. I feel like I could be around 560-580 with the heads and ported intake. But unfortunately I'm still waiting patiently for those heads to be done

Probably going to take it to the track tomorrow to see how terrible I can be at launching the car. I haven't fully tested launch control yet with all the mods. I'm hoping it still works. lol

Test fit my 18's today. Had to overnight a different offset to clear the front brakes. Will have a her rolling on bigs and smalls tomorrow morning.
Attached Images  
Old 05-30-2014, 03:13 AM
0ChucksTuning
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh and BTW. We obviously both pretty much have the cam "nailed" on these things. But I know plenty of shops will struggle with designing successful cams. So 520-530 probably won't be the norm. It's like a shop today that uses me for tuning, brought an LS3 Camaro they designed their own cam for. They told me the specs and i was like the car made 450 through a M6! The shop owner was like, "he'll be happy." referring to the customer. I was like, he will? Lol that's the lowest LS3 cam car I've ever seen lol
Old 08-27-2014, 12:27 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

We received our Halltech CKN system yesterday. After opening the box and inspecting the unit we went straight to the dyno.

As with all Halltech systems the CKN for the C7 is extremely high quality and looks amazing. I am not a huge "bling" guy, but the carbon fiber under the hood is awesome. If I wasn't installing an ECS blower next week I would be adding the carbon radiator duct and engine covers from Katech to compliment the CAI.

So back on the dyno we go. We make two baseline pulls to ensure our #s are consistent. We are down a few HP due to having the colder nitrous plugs installed, but we still manage 513RWHP/448RWTQ...

Leaving the car strapped in place we removed the factory air box and installed the Halltech system. Install was a breeze and we were ready to spin the rollers in less than 30 minutes.... Results blew me away!!! Our lil cam/header car obviously NEEDED additional airflow.

19RWHP/21RWTQ INCREASE!!!

For anyone who isn't familiar with our C7 modifications...

• Halltech CKN Cold Air
  • Vengeance Racing Custom Camshaft Kit- Retains VVT/Deletes DOD
  • American Racing 1 7/8 Longtubes with CATTED X pipe
  • B&B Fusion Exhaust
  • Nitrous Outlet Plate System- Tested 50/100/150 HP settings

With these basic modifications we have picked up over 100RWHP @ 6000rpm and over 130RWHP @ 6500rpm....

This graph is the first pull our C7 made on our dyno Vs final #s with the modifications above.

Next up is a cam swap and an ECS blower. We also have several C7s in the shop right now for various modifications. We will post the results as they become available.
Ron,

Have you had a chance to dyno our newest 689 cfm Stinger Filter? This new filter flows 100 cfm more than our standard filter and has been shipping with all of our Stingers for several months.

Quick Reply: Vengeance Racing installs Halltech CKN Cold Air on Cam/Header C7- Results Inside