C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 Mods, ECS base supercharger kit, American racing Headers, meth injection 754/676

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 05:23 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Default 3 Mods, ECS base supercharger kit, American racing Headers, meth injection 754/676

Now this is how you get the most HP per $$ spent in my opinion.

This is a tried and true combination that we have been doing for many years in the C6 world, we literally have a hundreds of C6's on the road making over 700 rwhp with these basic mods ONLY, with many of those that have ran in the 9's this way with supporting tires.

This is nothing more then our base kit with the restrictor plate removed, no other changes made to it. We added meth injection, and of course a quality set of American Racing headers.

This is way under the max RPM of this blower, so with a pulley change, which does not require the head unit to be removed to change when you have an ECS kit, even more power is right on tap.

We could reproduce this set up in a two day turn around if need be, and our distributors will be able too as well as long as scheduling allows of course. That is up to the individual installer.

For someone getting this installed in our shop, if your not local, we would set you up with a car and a nice hotel room for the night, there are a long list of places to go to close by from golf courses, Great Adventure, outlet stores, or the beach and you can drive home the next day with over 700 rwhp.

That's where our years of experience comes into play.

Look for some even more impressive numbers coming soon from our friends at Vengeance Racing too!
Attached Images   
Old 01-29-2014, 05:30 PM
0Ron@Vengeance Racing
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Excellent results!!! Now I know why we decided to drive thru the snow and ice instead of staying home by the fire place today.... We should have #s by tomorrow afternoon.

ECS raising the bar!!!
Old 01-29-2014, 05:34 PM
PowerLabs
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I won't lie: that is really impressive Now that's more like it!

Can't wait to see what you guys can do with the new C7 Z06
Old 01-29-2014, 05:35 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

Received 219 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Jesus christ - that's a monster!
Old 01-29-2014, 05:36 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

In all seriousness, is this something that can be done with DIY, or would it need to go to one of the shops?
Old 01-29-2014, 05:51 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance Racing
Excellent results!!! Now I know why we decided to drive thru the snow and ice instead of staying home by the fire place today.... We should have #s by tomorrow afternoon.

ECS raising the bar!!!
Thanks Ron! I hoping the ECM doesn't block you out before 800, but I think I have that figured out btw, I'll call you in regards to that.

Originally Posted by PowerLabs
I won't lie: that is really impressive Now that's more like it!

Can't wait to see what you guys can do with the new C7 Z06
Thanks Sam, just a testament to this engine, we are making more power at a blower RPM of only 42k and 13 lbs of boost, then the C6's generally do at 47k and 15lbs of boost. Granted the weather is very favorable for big blower dyno numbers though, it will not make those same numbers in august, but the HP is up either way with less boost.

Originally Posted by Theta
Jesus christ - that's a monster!

Originally Posted by Theta
In all seriousness, is this something that can be done with DIY, or would it need to go to one of the shops?
I could actually tune the vehicle remotely after sending the base file, but I would need to check logs etc, there's a little too many variables at this level to just send file thats expected to be race ready.
That said I would prefer it went to one of our installers as that would have to be carefully scheduled so I'm free when your on a dyno. I can address that in a case by case scenario and go from there.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:52 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
I could actually tune the vehicle remotely after sending the base file, but I would need to check logs etc, there's a little too many variables at this level to just send file thats expected to be race ready.
That said I would prefer it went to one of our installers as that would have to be carefully scheduled so I'm free when your on a dyno. I can address that in a case by case scenario and go from there.
Totally understand - a controlled environment would be much safer (and preferred).
Old 01-29-2014, 05:58 PM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Received 2,053 Likes on 1,305 Posts

Very impressive, appreciate y'all pushing the envelope and sharing!
Old 01-29-2014, 06:51 PM
HPmarkjustinc7
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very impressive. What type of fail-safes are in place in case of a meth injection failure? 700HP is great, but if the meth fails to spray (clogged nozzle, pump failure, hose leak,etc) does it shut the car off while driving or will the engine blow up? I've mostly used meth in the past to cool air, not as a fuel source. Thoughts?
Old 01-29-2014, 06:56 PM
00hotvette
Pro

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance Racing

ECS raising the bar!!!
Can't wait too see your results. Just got back from Peru heading your way once the roads get cleared. Should have my car back to the dealer next week for repairs then hopefully off to you guys.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:03 PM
Blackdevil77
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Absolutely RIDICULOUS results! Get that thing down a 1/4 strip, this car may have the record with the right driver.

This power is achieved with the stock bottom end and internals??
Old 01-29-2014, 08:26 PM
0Daniel@Vengeance
Former Vendor

Received 160 Likes on 107 Posts

Congratulations Doug and the ECS team! Amazing results!
Old 01-29-2014, 08:26 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by PRE-Z06
Very impressive, appreciate y'all pushing the envelope and sharing!
Thank you sir!

Originally Posted by HPmarkjustinc7
Very impressive. What type of fail-safes are in place in case of a meth injection failure? 700HP is great, but if the meth fails to spray (clogged nozzle, pump failure, hose leak,etc) does it shut the car off while driving or will the engine blow up? I've mostly used meth in the past to cool air, not as a fuel source. Thoughts?
Thanks for your interest and good question!
Here is a small write up from another section I recently wrote, the A/F ratio's do not pertain to the C7, but the rest of it does.

Every meth car I build is "meth dependent" if it has meth on it, that way if it fails it doesn't take the engine out. Many think it's the other way around, but I dissagree. If the car is depending on the meth and it fails, the car falls on it's face and goes lean enough that it does not cause damage, it just doesn't make any power. Take the timing safeties out of the discussion for now, but thats also another safety.

If you are making 700 rwhp and only add .5 a point of A/F, you would never know you went from 11.5 to 12.0 and you would melt the engine down because it's still making enough power to torch things. Contrary to what many believe, it's the point just past optimal fueling A/F ratio that is the most dangerous, then it gets safer and safer from there the leaner you go. Also slower and slower.

If you leave the car at a safe A/F and just make it richer then that with the meth, then you wont have the octane needed and will crack ring gland if your up on HP. Plus richer is not always safer.

So point is, your meth fails, car falls on face. You wonder "what was that?" but once your out of boost the car runs perfect. Have the meth looked at, and your back out to race another day. A non meth dependent car does not make it as clear when if it fails, and more serious problems are likely to occur in the event of a failure.
We have literally had customers spend the entire day at the drag strip with an inoperative meth kit, with the safeties we put in the tune, all the person did was run slower for a half a dozen passes.

We were the first company to introduce meth injection to this forum roughly 12 years ago. We have built 100's if not 1000's of meth vehicles since then and have figured out how to make it reliable and safe in the event of a failure. We are also very willing to assist anyone with the tuning and safeties of our meth system.

Simply put, we did not decide a month ago to go into builds like this and now we are an expert because we are a vendor here and said so, we have a ton of experience with these builds and are more then willing to share any and all information on our builds to our customers and vendors.

Originally Posted by 00hotvette
Can't wait too see your results. Just got back from Peru heading your way once the roads get cleared. Should have my car back to the dealer next week for repairs then hopefully off to you guys.
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77
Absolutely RIDICULOUS results! Get that thing down a 1/4 strip, this car may have the record with the right driver.

This power is achieved with the stock bottom end and internals??

Once the weather breaks we will definitely be at the drag strip, road course, and adding some hard street use with these kits! Same as we have been since we opened our doors.

This car is 100% stock besides the 3 mods listed, thanks!
Old 01-29-2014, 08:31 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by C6_Demon
Using methanol as a supplemental fuel source is a very dangerous way to make power. However, you have to see the big picture here. Until fuel pump upgrades are available, this (or a camshaft upgrade) are the only two options for us. ECS is doing everyone a huge favor by pushing the internal strength limits of the motor to find out where it will break. This isn't intended to be a long term solution, its a work around until better options are available

I greatly appreciate your input, but please read my above post, we disagree on a few things. When making this kind of power from a stock block, octane is absolutely imperative to the longevity of the engine. The way we set them up provides that, if it fails it simply drops it's power like a rock, yet drives fine once out of boost without internal engine damage.

So unless there will be race fuel in the tank to provide the octane, the car would be set up this way regardless.

That said, I was able to literally shut the engine down from how much richer I could make the car in the factory ECU, there is still plenty of room left there.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:53 PM
Raced Guy
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts

Lets see 800 !!!
Old 01-29-2014, 08:59 PM
OD3G
Advanced

Good to see some more 700+ graphs. These lt1's are turning out to be fairly impressive
Old 01-29-2014, 09:01 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by C6_Demon
Nice!
Thanks! When I have a chance I will post up some data on how far we can go with meth injection before cylinder imbalance occurs from multiple cars we have ran with 8 cylinder EGT's, and what to do to fix it when once you have hit that point. That's way beyond a stock engine build though.

Originally Posted by Raced Guy
Lets see 800 !!!

The customer is not looking for anymore then what we have made, so this is the end of the line with this vehicle. That said, we have made over 900 rwhp from stock LS3's that have been on the road for a long time now and raced. While being owned by a twenty something year old..

I'm not scared, and I feel very confident that I know just how to do it. If the ECU does't hold Vengeance back, it would not surprise me at all if you see those numbers from them.

Get notified of new replies

To 3 Mods, ECS base supercharger kit, American racing Headers, meth injection 754/676

Old 01-29-2014, 09:22 PM
Blackdevil77
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The customer is not looking for anymore then what we have made, so this is the end of the line with this vehicle. That said, we have made over 900 rwhp from stock LS3's that have been on the road for a long time now and raced. While being owned by a twenty something year old..

I'm not scared, and I feel very confident that I know just how to do it. If the ECU does't hold Vengeance back, it would not surprise me at all if you see those numbers from them.
OH DEAR GOD!
Old 01-29-2014, 10:09 PM
SinnerC7
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did you address the fueling issue in this set up?
Old 01-29-2014, 10:37 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

very nice numbers! what meth system was used (unless I missed it)? MAF or MAP referenced? love to see them being pushed further!

Quick Reply: 3 Mods, ECS base supercharger kit, American racing Headers, meth injection 754/676