C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ProCharger 2014 Stingray C7 Corvette Supercharger System (Now Shipping)

Old 11-12-2014, 09:26 PM
Calif Vetteman
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Calif Legal ?
Old 11-13-2014, 09:20 AM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

Received 270 Likes on 204 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Calif Vetteman
Calif Legal ?
It currently doesn't have a CARB number BUT last time I spoke to my sales rep at Procharger they are working on it. Hopefully by the time you have to smog your car the CARB number will be approved. The only kit that currently has a CARB number is Edelbrock.
Santa Clara, CA 95050
Phone #: 408/898-4632
Email #: MikeM@TPSMotorsports.com
Authorized dealer of Corbeau Seats, ECS Superchargers, Edelbrock SuperChargers, A&A Superchargers, Kooks, Whipple, Magnalow, Corsa, Borla. LG Motorsports, Procharger, Billy Boat Exhaust, AWE Exhaust, American Racing, TPS Brake Rotors/ Kits, Stainless Steel Brake Lines & much more...

Old 11-14-2014, 06:07 PM
jacsa22
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ProChargerTech
The reason the P1-SC-1 comes with the tuning, is because that is the headunit that has the CARB certification number attached to it. And since most people using a D1SC push the boost level up beyond the factory level, we do not supply a tune with it.

The P1-SC-1 on the C7 is at a very low impeller speed to make the 7psi factory boost level. (48k) Using a 4.38" pulley again if memories serves correctly, so people will be able to push the P1-SC-1 very far in the HP numbers (Thanks to no belt slip.) Even though the blower is only rated to 825hp, we have had people make 750+ rwhp with the units on proper set ups, running within the max rpm limits. (If memory serves correct, Mr. Big here on CF made some pretty large power numbers with a P1-SC-1)

Hope this answers your question,
ATI ProCharger
I just had a Procharger installed by Fonse Performance and the car runs great. The problem I'm having is that at low speeds or at a light the cabin fills with an exhaust smell that is tough to handle. If you have any ideas on why this is happening or how to fix it I would really appreciate it. Again, I'm could not be happier with the performance of the supercharger, I just need to get to the bottom of this issue. Thanks, Jim
Old 11-14-2014, 06:09 PM
jacsa22
Intermediate

Adding that the installation was a horizontal intercooler and Stage II air filter
Old 11-14-2014, 07:03 PM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by jacsa22
I just had a Procharger installed by Fonse Performance and the car runs great. The problem I'm having is that at low speeds or at a light the cabin fills with an exhaust smell that is tough to handle. If you have any ideas on why this is happening or how to fix it I would really appreciate it. Again, I'm could not be happier with the performance of the supercharger, I just need to get to the bottom of this issue. Thanks, Jim
Old 11-14-2014, 07:10 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Not to be a smart *** but why don't you take it back to them for them to take a look at it? Did you have any exhaust work done?

Just a SC Install wouldn't cause any additional fuel smells but Its possible they tuned it too rich.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:12 AM
jacsa22
Intermediate

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
Not to be a smart *** but why don't you take it back to them for them to take a look at it? Did you have any exhaust work done?

Just a SC Install wouldn't cause any additional fuel smells but Its possible they tuned it too rich.
Good question. I have taken it back once. So far no clue on what the problem is. The charger oil must be replaced after 500 miles so I will be going back in another 100 miles to try and get to the bottom of this and to get the charger oil changed. I was hoping to give them some insight when I returned. They have installed a bunch of Prochargers in the past but this was their first 14 vette. We also thinking it might be running rich at low idle but why would it get into the cabin? It's a very strong odor. Thanks.
Old 11-15-2014, 01:12 PM
Translator
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Good question. I have taken it back once. So far no clue on what the problem is. The charger oil must be replaced after 500 miles so I will be going back in another 100 miles to try and get to the bottom of this and to get the charger oil changed. I was hoping to give them some insight when I returned. They have installed a bunch of Prochargers in the past but this was their first 14 vette. We also thinking it might be running rich at low idle but why would it get into the cabin? It's a very strong odor. Thanks.
Some have posted about the same issue after a supercharger installation. It turned out to be venting issues with the PCV.
Old 11-15-2014, 01:51 PM
01vetter
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 21 Posts

Default PVC system

Originally Posted by Translator
Some have posted about the same issue after a supercharger installation. It turned out to be venting issues with the PCV.
I agree. Check how they have modified it. I am assuming that they are venting into the air filter. If they just installed an oil breather cap that could be your problem. Even at idle you may get some blowback through a breather cap.

I had this problem with my C5 install. Even when vented into the air cleaner I could smell some exhaust. I ended up using some check valves. I ran one line from my air cleaner to the PCV system with a check valve for air intake. I ran another line with a check valve under the car and out to the side by the rear of the right front wheel for positive pressure venting. This helped cut down on the fumes entering the car.

You might also check for any dripping oil falling on your exhaust manifold. Also, if you installed headers they will burn-off smoke when they are new.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:02 AM
jacsa22
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 01vetter
I agree. Check how they have modified it. I am assuming that they are venting into the air filter. If they just installed an oil breather cap that could be your problem. Even at idle you may get some blowback through a breather cap.

I had this problem with my C5 install. Even when vented into the air cleaner I could smell some exhaust. I ended up using some check valves. I ran one line from my air cleaner to the PCV system with a check valve for air intake. I ran another line with a check valve under the car and out to the side by the rear of the right front wheel for positive pressure venting. This helped cut down on the fumes entering the car.

You might also check for any dripping oil falling on your exhaust manifold. Also, if you installed headers they will burn-off smoke when they are new.
Great information thank you. I will shoot a reply out once I get the car back to the shop. Jim
Old 11-17-2014, 10:37 AM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Received 68 Likes on 41 Posts

The way the PCV has to be vented for CARB approval, runs the risk of the smell, if your car vents a lot during idle conditions.

Basically, if your motor "exhales" fumes at idle, when the bypass valve is open, that smell can reach the inside of the cabin.

A usage of a catch can that has check valves to allow the PCV to be drawn into the intake manifold during vacuum conditions. (But then close under boost) will solve this issue.

This issue you are talking about can happen on ANY supercharged, or Turbocharged C7, depending on how their motor vents.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:53 PM
on3wego
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Mine should be shipping within a day or 2.. stoked to get it.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:28 PM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by on3wego
Mine should be shipping within a day or 2.. stoked to get it.
Remember to share with us your results.

Facebook
Instagram

and pics and details to socialmedia@procharger.com

Thanks for your business. Enjoy the BOOST!
Old 11-18-2014, 02:05 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

My c5 is procharged with a d1sc I love it(668 to the wheel). You guys will love your procharger and there customer service was great the one time I called.
Old 11-18-2014, 02:07 PM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Received 5,680 Likes on 2,899 Posts

What is the difference between the P1 and D1? Size/potential headroom?
Old 11-18-2014, 02:18 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Kracka
http://www.procharger.com/models.shtml

Old 11-18-2014, 04:12 PM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Chicago1
My c5 is procharged with a d1sc I love it(668 to the wheel). You guys will love your procharger and there customer service was great the one time I called.
Thanks for the kind words!!!

Originally Posted by Kracka
On the C7, there are people already well into the 700rwhp range with the P-1SC-1 that comes with the kit.
(Handful of other LS based cars in the 800rwhp+ range with the P-1SC-1)

A good number of people run the D-1SC, however its likely 90% of them never would use the full potential of the P-1SC-1.
So unless you know for a fact your going to be going over 750rwhp, there really is no reason for the upgrade.

Get notified of new replies

To ProCharger 2014 Stingray C7 Corvette Supercharger System (Now Shipping)

Old 11-18-2014, 04:46 PM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Received 5,680 Likes on 2,899 Posts

So unless you know for a fact your going to be going over 750rwhp, there really is no reason for the upgrade.
Thank you, exactly what I needed to know.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:38 PM
jacsa22
Intermediate

The way the PCV has to be vented for CARB approval, runs the risk of the smell, if your car vents a lot during idle conditions.

Basically, if your motor "exhales" fumes at idle, when the bypass valve is open, that smell can reach the inside of the cabin.

A usage of a catch can that has check valves to allow the PCV to be drawn into the intake manifold during vacuum conditions. (But then close under boost) will solve this issue.

This issue you are talking about can happen on ANY supercharged, or Turbocharged C7, depending on how their motor vents.
Per your instructions I ordered the Elite 2 Elite Engineering catch can w/ clean air separator and (2) check valves. I hate to sound like a dope but I don't know a whole lot about PVC valves, bypass valves etc. My question is, is this all I need to install or are additional check valves also needed ? Thanks in advance. Jim
Old 11-19-2014, 09:26 AM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Per your instructions I ordered the Elite 2 Elite Engineering catch can w/ clean air separator and (2) check valves. I hate to sound like a dope but I don't know a whole lot about PVC valves, bypass valves etc. My question is, is this all I need to install or are additional check valves also needed ? Thanks in advance. Jim
That should take care of it. I believe there is another company called "RX" that makes a can much like it for forced induction.

Just make sure you have the lines hooked up correctly.
I personally witnessed a person install them backwards, and within the first drive, blew the rear main seal out of the motor. (Big mess)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ProCharger 2014 Stingray C7 Corvette Supercharger System (Now Shipping)