C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECS DIY Supercharger Kit Unboxing / Install Log

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 01:53 AM
spaceaholic
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 77 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Theta
It's a great idea - thanks for the additional pics.

Seems like a logical step for those who already have an SC kit. Did you have specs made up or just go bit by bit until you had a proper fit?

The hardest part so far with the other billet pieces has been machining that rounded area to fit snugly into the factory airbox.

It looks nicely done, either way.
I can connect you to the guy who produced the part for me..he did it very quickly..

Old 07-27-2014, 01:56 AM
Theta
Tech Contributor

Received 219 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Sounds great! Shoot me a PM if you would.

I know you have the A&A, but with the help of a few measurements from some owners here or a few shops, we could see how far off we are between the two.

This could turn out to be a very popular trend you've started.
Old 10-18-2015, 03:08 AM
CDH76
Safety Car

Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Theta
Got it! Took a shot on three different types, and one works out very well:

I finished my s/c install as well and I need these screws. Ecs didn't send me any and my 2015 doesn't have screws in the location for this. Anyone know where I can get these screws?
Old 10-18-2015, 08:55 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by CDH76
I finished my s/c install as well and I need these screws. Ecs didn't send me any and my 2015 doesn't have screws in the location for this. Anyone know where I can get these screws?
Advance auto parts actually..
The following users liked this post:
CDH76 (10-18-2015)
Old 02-01-2016, 05:11 PM
Hkx3
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cut. Wrong thread.

Last edited by Hkx3; 02-01-2016 at 05:12 PM.
Old 02-03-2016, 05:40 PM
C7-Beast
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike's 14 Stingray
I had a ECS supercharger installed and loved it, but with less than 1,000 miles on the car and less than 500 on the SC, the car vented oil into the air box which prompt spilled out through the engine compartment and onto the ground. It was probably about 1 1/2 cup of oil spilled (and sprayed over the passenger side of the engine compartment).

I'm looking at using the RX Performance recapture canister to solve the problem but those instructions are for the stock engine compartment that is now different. So, the mounting bracket won't work now (although a modified version probably would) and now that the lower vacuum port is sealed off, I'm not clear on how to hook it up.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks....
Check out the FSP Breather/Catch can. The only minor problem with my ECS S/C is it tends to make the cabin smell like oil. Most people may not even notice but I'm sensitive to smell. The FSP solved my issue by moving the vents going into the air box to the Breather.

Last edited by C7-Beast; 02-03-2016 at 05:43 PM.
Old 02-07-2016, 08:42 PM
CDH76
Safety Car

Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts

I'm going to get the FSP breather as well. Does it come with instructions? Any drilling to mount it?
Old 02-08-2016, 09:15 AM
C7-Beast
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by CDH76
I'm going to get the FSP breather as well. Does it come with instructions? Any drilling to mount it?
Yes, the instructions are online but I do believe it comes with them. I had one of the first production kits so I don't recall if mine came with them.

Yes, you need to drill 2 holes in the inner fender well for 2 rivnuts that secure the can. You must move any lines that would raise the FSP. If you have an Alky Meth kit, you may need to relocate the feed line. There is some room to move forward or back but if not flat against the fender, the hood won't shut. Ask me how I know
Old 05-31-2016, 11:24 AM
ArmyVette24
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really enjoyed this thread. I have a ECS SC1500 on order from TPS Motorsports. They had the best price ($5150). I also ordered a Mike Norris oil catch can. I hope I can find a thread as thorough as this one for a C5 with a LS1. I think the C5 install may be just a little trickier. I hope ECS sends very, very detailed installation instructions because I want my install to be absolutely perfect and without incident. $5150 is a whole lot of money to me but the power gain will be awesome. This was a great thread and a whole lot of work went into the photography and making of this thread for C7 owners. I know it was a few years ago and I wish the C5 was like the C7 but I'm going to have a tougher time installing my ECS supercharger. Great job Theta and thanks to ECS for the supporting replies. I'm so glad I missed the drama that was deleted. I chose ECS due to the pricing. I'm sure A&A makes equally great superchargers. I can't wait for my goody boxes to arrive but I'm really dreading the install. I am particularly dreading removing the rack & pinion and then the balancer bolt. I don't think my air gun is strong enough to break that bolt loose to put on the balancer cover. I have a very nice member on here that gave me his number if I run into any problems during my install. This is a terrific community. The help and generosity here are second to no other forum community. Again - a wonderful, very helpful thread. Some things in this thread will help with my C5 ECS install. Great job. Taking your time and making every step nearly perfect was a great thing. I too, will take a lot of time dealing with each and every step.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:04 AM
XtremeVette
NCM Bash 2008-2018
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Granby, MA Talladega Super Speedway Vettes 4 Vets Ambassador
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Middle TN Events Coordinator
Cruise-In 1, 3, 9. 10 & 11 Veteran

Originally Posted by ArmyVette24
I really enjoyed this thread. I have a ECS SC1500 on order from TPS Motorsports. They had the best price ($5150). I also ordered a Mike Norris oil catch can. I hope I can find a thread as thorough as this one for a C5 with a LS1. I think the C5 install may be just a little trickier. I hope ECS sends very, very detailed installation instructions because I want my install to be absolutely perfect and without incident. $5150 is a whole lot of money to me but the power gain will be awesome. This was a great thread and a whole lot of work went into the photography and making of this thread for C7 owners. I know it was a few years ago and I wish the C5 was like the C7 but I'm going to have a tougher time installing my ECS supercharger. Great job Theta and thanks to ECS for the supporting replies. I'm so glad I missed the drama that was deleted. I chose ECS due to the pricing. I'm sure A&A makes equally great superchargers. I can't wait for my goody boxes to arrive but I'm really dreading the install. I am particularly dreading removing the rack & pinion and then the balancer bolt. I don't think my air gun is strong enough to break that bolt loose to put on the balancer cover. I have a very nice member on here that gave me his number if I run into any problems during my install. This is a terrific community. The help and generosity here are second to no other forum community. Again - a wonderful, very helpful thread. Some things in this thread will help with my C5 ECS install. Great job. Taking your time and making every step nearly perfect was a great thing. I too, will take a lot of time dealing with each and every step.
Iam about an hour from you and I swear your reading my mind. The things you dread are what is pushing me to have mine installed by someone that has done this before...otherwise I would do it myself. Iam going to be following your build though. Who is doing your tune out of curiosity sake? I think I had read somewhere that you were going to do it? Be careful would hate for you to get it all installed only for it to last a little while because of a bad tune. Just an FYI.
Old 06-03-2016, 03:51 PM
ArmyVette24
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tune???

Originally Posted by XtremeVette
Iam about an hour from you and I swear your reading my mind. The things you dread are what is pushing me to have mine installed by someone that has done this before...otherwise I would do it myself. Iam going to be following your build though. Who is doing your tune out of curiosity sake? I think I had read somewhere that you were going to do it? Be careful would hate for you to get it all installed only for it to last a little while because of a bad tune. Just an FYI.

Mike at TPS Motorsports is putting a conservative tune into a computer and shipping it with the supercharger. I could have had a more aggressive tune put in if I had chosen but I plan to purchase the diablo sport trinity to fine tune everything. I checked with a few places about installing the system for me including one place in your area but it's outrageous - especially if you don't spend several hundred dollars more for the system through them and they will not let you use some other tune. In essence it would cost an extra $2800 for the purchase and install by our local performance shop. I did good to scrape up the $5,150 for the system and $400 for the tune. I will take many, many photos during my install and if I'm successful I may post the step by step for installing the ECS SC1500 on a C5 Corvette. I think once I get through removing the rack and pinion and installing the balancer pulley cover the rest should be much easier as long as I really take my time and keep organized. I will be very fearful of firing it up for the first time though. I had a Z06 that got away from me and I totaled it and I thought it was powerful. This forced induction LS1 is going to blow the Z06 out of the water. After I'm finished the engine will have 700hp or more but I'm unsure what will be at the rear wheels. About 700hp is where I'm told to stop with stock internals but dang that's a lot of power. I'll have to put it on a dyno when I'm finished with mods.
I go to Nashville all the time but it's been awhile since I've been out to Murfreesboro. I see Talladega in your info. Are you from there or a NASCAR fan? I loved NASCAR for about 30 years. I attached to one driver - Jeff Gordon. I even got to hang out with him for about an hour once. I'm a DuPont employee. Now that Jeff's gone I can't get into it anymore. I've been to Talladega, Atlanta, Charlotte and to Bristol numerous times. I have raceview because I forgot to cancel it after so many years of being in the car with Jeff. If you follow a driver PM me and I'll give you my credentials to use raceview to follow and listen to your driver during the race for the rest of the season....
Old 06-03-2016, 07:06 PM
XtremeVette
NCM Bash 2008-2018
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Granby, MA Talladega Super Speedway Vettes 4 Vets Ambassador
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Middle TN Events Coordinator
Cruise-In 1, 3, 9. 10 & 11 Veteran

PM sent!

Quick Reply: ECS DIY Supercharger Kit Unboxing / Install Log