C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 vs C6 rear hub dimensions for custom uprights

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 07:24 PM
autodesigner
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C7 vs C6 rear hub dimensions for custom uprights

Hi all. I am designing custom uprights for a supercar prototype and the Vette bearings cant be beat for durability and price. My Pangea (C3 based) prototype was on the cover of Corvette Enthusiast in June 2009 and can be seen at www.langeconcepts.com. A new project is Ferrari based power (F1) and has several Corvette bearing assemblies. Most other components are being custom built. (Not a cheap project )

Did the rear hub bearing assemblies change from the C6 to the C7?

If so which is better? Does someone have the bearing/race dimensions for me to CAD new rear uprights? (Inner/outer race/bearing diameters and widths) That would be a huge help in making the custom work fit the trusty Corvette bearings and thank you very much in advance. Please let me know if you would like to follow the project progress.

Thanks again!!
Old 05-16-2014, 09:13 PM
autodesigner
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A helpful tip would be great fellow Vette owners, please

Originally Posted by autodesigner
Hi all. I am designing custom uprights for a supercar prototype and the Vette bearings cant be beat for durability and price. My Pangea (C3 based) prototype was on the cover of Corvette Enthusiast in June 2009 and can be seen at www.langeconcepts.com. A new project is Ferrari based power (F1) and has several Corvette bearing assemblies. Most other components are being custom built. (Not a cheap project )

Did the rear hub bearing assemblies change from the C6 to the C7?

If so which is better? Does someone have the bearing/race dimensions for me to CAD new rear uprights? (Inner/outer race/bearing diameters and widths) That would be a huge help in making the custom work fit the trusty Corvette bearings and thank you very much in advance. Please let me know if you would like to follow the project progress.

Thanks again!!

If someone know this info it would really help me design the suspension. Thank you again.

Quick Reply: C7 vs C6 rear hub dimensions for custom uprights