C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blown Engine

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 11:44 AM
ZZ06
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Wow!!! To Frank, Congrats on the new car! Glad to see GM step up and make it right!
Old 09-15-2014, 12:37 PM
Old Yellow
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by ZZ06
Wow!!! To Frank, Congrats on the new car! Glad to see GM step up and make it right!
And we will all be glad if/when GM steps up, and makes it right for the rest of the casualties.

Support our C7 troops!

Ed
Old 09-15-2014, 05:32 PM
Profit
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Zing
That's correct. My case is still going on. Frank on a few posts ago had his resolved, but as far as my issue, it's still going on. Hopefully soon, perfect timing for the winter months

This is crazy why such a long process. How is Balise treating you? or is this GM?
Old 09-15-2014, 08:59 PM
XEUROTRASHOWNER
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by CTYANK2
The local guys are hoping for satisfactory resolution for you.
Yes! Like a "2015" replacement. Don't bail on the Corvette brotherhood.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:48 PM
racezx9
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Motohead279
My real question is can a manufacturer PROOVE that an K&N filter or a cat back exhaust caused a certain issue? Also, I read the entire MMA and it mentioned nothing about HP gains. We also all know a K&N filter is not going to produce any real gains.

And please don't cause me Sir... you make me feel like my father...
It's a risk....you can weight the risk to reward and choose to do the mods or not, but just remember they have much better lawyers and allot at stake than fixing your car, because you choose to mod.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:54 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

That's correct. My case is still going on. Frank on a few posts ago had his resolved, but as far as my issue, it's still going on. Hopefully soon, perfect timing for the winter months
WOW!, It's been some 3+ months? Just curious, Why haven't you filed for Lemon Law?
Old 09-15-2014, 10:04 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
WOW!, It's been some 3+ months? Just curious, Why haven't you filed for Lemon Law?
This is a fantastic question..
Old 09-15-2014, 10:43 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 3,998 Likes on 2,887 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Yellow
Just noticed on another STIGRAYforum that the OP's (Zing) case is still not settled. Over 3 months since engine blew up.

In the hands of his lawyer.

Ed
Old 09-16-2014, 07:52 AM
DerStig
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So it has taken 3+ months for GM to still not come up with a resolution for this issue? This is borderline unacceptable.

And I'm guessing all this time they didnt even give you a loaner?
Old 09-16-2014, 10:36 AM
Senior Teen
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DNA search

Originally Posted by gthal
If the car was tuned and the dealer found it then, yes, they are **** out of luck. It would be a very expensive day for the owner.

On a blown engine, I'm almost certain GM would look for any evidence of a tune ever existing on the car other than OEM. If the car simply had a CAI, etc and no tune, the owner should be good IMO. The tune is what GM would look for to deny warranty coverage. If the car was tuned, the owner would need to try to flash it back to OEM (if possible) and then pray that GM could not detect it was ever there in any way.

You need to be prepared to pay if you want to play
People who install the Diablo tuners have the misconception that GM cannot detect it. At the dealer they will not be able to detect the tune was deleted before bringing the car in to the service dept. BUT !! If there is a failure like this one GM will do a DNA search of the ecm and related systems and pick up that at some point there was a tune installed. A buddy is a Chevy salesman and introduced me to the mechanic tech that they give all the vettes to diagnose so he would give me real info on what I can and cannot do to the car. I asked him about the tuners and he said They cannot detect (Diablo) the tune after being removed by the dealer but GM can and will search ( DNA) for it in a case like this. To be sure I was not happy to hear this and wonder in the future if you sell your C7 down the road that has had a tune installed at some point and removed before you sold it and the new owner has a big mechanical failure and GM finds that there was a tune and deny the claim can you be sued by the person you sold the car to if your vehicle is still under Manf warranty ?

Quick Reply: Blown Engine