C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Off she goes to Vengeance....

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 05:09 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

Received 218 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by shreded1
I find it a pleasure to follow your posts and I can certainly relate to parts of that story. Sorry for your loss and congrats on the new found power!
Life has taken on a new meaning after all of these scrapes with death, and then watching it head-on. I'm in pain management until my next cancer surgery (which depends on just how quickly things grow, as some of you know all too well).

You can't take it with you, so let's have fun while we're here with the people we love!

And while we're at it, let's build some fast damned cars! Or in my case, trust the experts to do it for you once you admit to yourself you can't do it properly.
Old 06-27-2014, 05:26 PM
Translator
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Sean, good luck on your "multiple" builds brother. You are a class act; and always willing to extend a helping hand with questions, how to's, etc... That all is very much appreciated. Hang on tight with your health issues and battles. The C7 and builds are a definite great way to keep you busy.

My order is due in today for my 15. Here is how I am ordering mine:

Stingray Coupe with Z51 Performance Package (1YX07)
MEP Transmission, 7-speed manual with Active Rev Matching
Laguna Blue Tintcoat - G7H
GT buckets - AQ9 – 191 (Jet Black)
J6E - Calipers, Yellow-painted
Q7T - Wheels, Black aluminum, 19" x 8.5" (48.3 cm x 21.6 cm) front and 20" x 10" (50.8 cm x 25.4 cm) rear
TTV - Spoiler, rear and outside mirrors, carbon flash-painted
EYT - Carbon Flash Badge Package

Cant wait to get it, break her in, and supercharge it.
Old 06-27-2014, 05:27 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Hey, look! You got the fastest color, too!

Going to look killer - I wish I went with the yellow calipers.
Old 06-27-2014, 05:35 PM
Translator
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Theta

Yep, yellow calipers are SUPER sexy. I would get matching yellow interior, if it were available, LOL.
Old 06-27-2014, 05:48 PM
0Daniel@Vengeance
Former Vendor

Received 160 Likes on 107 Posts

We can make that happen... lol
Old 06-27-2014, 06:51 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by David@Vengeance
We can make that happen... lol
Yes, by now I know that you can make anything happen.

If I wanted, the car could come back purple.... Ron, step away from the paint gun....
Old 06-27-2014, 07:00 PM
Mardis Gras
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts

I say go for it
Old 06-27-2014, 07:36 PM
ChucksZ06
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 23 Posts

I hope the doc's do as well with the cancer as vengeance will do with your car. I have built cars, buildings, firearms etc. my entire life and always wished we could repair humans as easily as we fix everything else. Good luck with the treatments Theta...will say prayer for your recovery. chuck
Old 06-28-2014, 08:51 PM
DRLC5
Le Mans Master

Received 340 Likes on 226 Posts

Sean, I had no idea of your battles with your health, So great to see you stay so positive. Continue to stay busy building High HP rides and of course posting your build threads and pictures, You are a great asset to this forum and someone I continue to respect. You must be a strong SOB mentally and physically, God Speed to you. Now can you post some more pics of your ride, interior shots also, or a link so I can check it out in more detail? I am seriously thinking about possibly going with Blue? lol.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:01 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Hey, don't worry about me, guys. I'm annoying enough to cling on for at least a good while longer.

Now I'm imagining Kevin as a mad car surgeon. If that translated to real life, I'd come out with 2 hearts, 4 lungs, and a nitrous tank on my back.

Blue is the fastest, just ask Zymurgy, etc. There are wayyy better pics than I have taken in the Laguna Blue thread. Otherwise, at first glance, the car is rather plain. Clean gauge and radar install, all the wiring done through the 'clutch hole'. VR's going to be putting the meth indicator behind the vent, and the wiring for fuse 41 (hardwired) is done on a small panel that's easily replaceable. So, essentially, it's going to be a sleeper.

Well, that's a lie. Ben @ WeaponX is getting my full CF body kit shipped out this week for me, so I think that might nullify the sleeper comment. I am getting all of the top-end pieces painted, though. Bottom stays CF.

I will absolutely take a ton of pics when it gets back when putting on the body kit, etc. And I know VR will be taking pics along the way... pretty sure of that one!
Old 06-29-2014, 04:16 PM
OESmissy
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, don't worry about me, guys. I'm annoying enough to cling on for at least a good while longer.

Now I'm imagining Kevin as a mad car surgeon. If that translated to real life, I'd come out with 2 hearts, 4 lungs, and a nitrous tank on my back.

Blue is the fastest, just ask Zymurgy, etc. There are wayyy better pics than I have taken in the Laguna Blue thread. Otherwise, at first glance, the car is rather plain. Clean gauge and radar install, all the wiring done through the 'clutch hole'. VR's going to be putting the meth indicator behind the vent, and the wiring for fuse 41 (hardwired) is done on a small panel that's easily replaceable. So, essentially, it's going to be a sleeper.

Well, that's a lie. Ben @ WeaponX is getting my full CF body kit shipped out this week for me, so I think that might nullify the sleeper comment. I am getting all of the top-end pieces painted, though. Bottom stays CF.

I will absolutely take a ton of pics when it gets back when putting on the body kit, etc. And I know VR will be taking pics along the way... pretty sure of that one!
This thread has been interesting to say the least. Good luck with the build. I would question the tires versus the horsepower. You're going be putting a lot of rubber on the road sitting in the same spot. Skinny's won't work

Now though you say you're putting on a body kit, kinda backwards don't you think? Or are you changing the tire sizes now as well? I've got Pirelli P Zero 285 19 & 345 / 20's on my Z06 and there great with only 493 HP to the wheels, they keep the car on the road at almost any speed. You're goin have your hands full on 315's with over 700+ hp

Who is building body kits for the C7? Who is CF? Makes sense as it did with the C6. Just makes the car look like it should, wide and low. The other thing you didn't mention were the brakes. Have you changed the rotors and pads out yet?

Good Luck and have Fun. Looking forward to the pics of the finished product!

OH I forgot, I wish I had your $$$ to play with!

Last edited by OESmissy; 06-29-2014 at 04:30 PM.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:20 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

This is true - patch isn't everything (isn't that what we all say? :lol) - compound is the more important part there.

C7Z will come with 335s and that's pretty maxed out - I'm going to guess you may be able to stretch to 355 (which would be a big stretch).

No wide body kit for the C7 that I've seen out in the wild as of yet. Ben has put some stupid (in a good way) amount of rubber under the car (like 355s) on the stock fenders.

I'll just have to roll into it.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:52 PM
0Ron@Vengeance Racing
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

This is true - patch isn't everything (isn't that what we all say? :lol) - compound is the more important part there.

C7Z will come with 335s and that's pretty maxed out - I'm going to guess you may be able to stretch to 355 (which would be a big stretch).

No wide body kit for the C7 that I've seen out in the wild as of yet. Ben has put some stupid (in a good way) amount of rubber under the car (like 355s) on the stock fenders.

I'll just have to roll into it.

Sean rest assured your Toyos will hook quite well. If you do not believe me I can forward the # to the Alpha 10 GTR I raced the other night about half a dozen times

Tell Ben he is welcome to ship the skirts/splitter to Vengeance and we will install prior to delivery...

BTW, do you have a "how to" remove C7 longblock by chance?

In all seriousness, we truly appreciate you choosing Vengeance Racing. It has been an absolute pleasure working with you!!!!!
Old 06-30-2014, 10:00 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

I'm pretty convinced of that (with the Toyos), especially with the way I drive (I roll into power). I'm sure if you dump the clutch they'll spin with this kind of power, but I won't be dragging it.

I will let Ben know that, but it's actually the full kit minus the hood that he was shipping here, so that's a lot of extra work for you guys (rear diffuser, rear spoiler, splitter, and skirts). I can definitely install that here, but if you'd like it for the final pics, that's absolutely fine. He's following this thread anyway now that he's been let in on the plan. We're going to have a displacement war, I think, since he's doing a 427.

I do, in fact, have the longblock and powertrain removal how-tos!

You guys have been really fun to work with, as well. This is an awesome project, and it's going to turn out really nice - of that I have no doubt!
Old 07-01-2014, 09:23 AM
Late Model Racecraft
Supporting Vendor

Received 629 Likes on 327 Posts

We Have dead hooked the blue c7 on nitrous from a 40 roll on R888's.... Pretty impressive tire honestly. A favorite tire of the lambo guys as well.
Current C7 World Record Holder 7.55 @ 184 MPH

Quickest and Fastest GEN5 LT Powered Vehicle
LMR1200HP Supercharged C7 8.84 @ 160
LMR1200HP Twin Turbo C7 9.35@155mph-2014
2 TIME OUTLAW DRAG RADIAL LSX CHAMPION 2008/2010
9.47 ZR1 Corvette-2009
LATE MODEL RACECRAFT
713-466-9900
LateModelRacecraft.com

Too many PMs, please call or email instead, thanks!
Old 07-01-2014, 03:11 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance Racing
Tell Ben he is welcome to ship the skirts/splitter to Vengeance and we will install prior to delivery...
Well, change of plans. Got the Estes shipping manifest today, heading to me. I'll post/send plenty of pics with it installed.

Originally Posted by Late Model Racecraft
We Have dead hooked the blue c7 on nitrous from a 40 roll on R888's.... Pretty impressive tire honestly. A favorite tire of the lambo guys as well.
Good to know! The price on these isn't bad, wondering how well the rears will wear. I'm not a burnout guy, but I don't know what will happen when I hit the pedal. Only one way to find out.

Seeing as how that's two 1000+ cars on that tire, I'll be much less hesitant to have some fun with them (after warming them up). Not going that crazy after all. Well, at least not on the bottle.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:16 PM
tkbigsky
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What's the ETA for the return of your C7? Following this thread as I have quickly grown tired of natural aspiration and am ready to blow mine. Sounds like the minimum is a cam, headers, blower and a great tune. I would be happy with somewhere near 700RWHP but, want to make sure it is still a daily driver and not any chance of shredding that beautiful aluminum block. I'm in the camp where still not sure whether to go with Centri or Roots blower. I have a AW Z51 and want to keep it fairly stock on the outside, always really appreciated that clean sleeper look.

Get notified of new replies

To Off she goes to Vengeance....

Old 07-03-2014, 12:21 AM
Theta
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

4-5 weeks with what we're doing.

Keep in mind that I had the supercharger on and was making around 600whp before sending it down there, so I can whole-heartedly recommend that option. Drove it for 700 miles and was very happy with my decision.

The mod list in my sig is before anything that's currently being done. I feel the exact same on the sleeper look.

Give David a call - they have a ton of different options to get you the 650-700whp you want safely and fairly easily.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:49 PM
SSTG
Le Mans Master

Received 207 Likes on 137 Posts

No worries, and no offense taken!

No tracks around, and the nearest strip is in Illinois. I got addicted to numbers like I did with my LS1s and LS2s...

This car means a lot to me, and I want to make it something special. You can see from my sig that it's dedicated to the memory of my grandfather.

My father and I ordered this car back when I was going through cancer treatments for the first bout. My son hadn't been born yet, but I wanted him to have something in case I didn't make it to remember his dad by. In case I didn't make it, my father was going to pass it down to him.

We ordered it on the day a tornado hit my grandfather's house (I remember that specifically) in one of the worst storms our area had seen in decades. Thankfully he was unharmed, but it was a close one. Fast forward, my son was born August 8th, 2013, the car showed up on October 2, 2013... I went through a second bout of cancer over the winter but did the SC build anyway as a way to pass the time.

Over the weeks I spent with my grandfather in the ICU, I told him about everything that was being done to the car, etc. and he got a big kick out of it (because he knew it was something I enjoyed, and it meant something to me). I brought it to the hospital, tuned and running like a beast, the day before he died - he said he could hear it from the parking lot and it made him laugh. He told me to enjoy it, have fun with it, and be careful. I keep his set of wings (Navy officer) with me in the car so I always have a co-pilot covering my ***.

So long story short (sorry for all that), it's something that means a great deal to me. I want to make it something to be proud of, and something that stays around long enough for my son to (eventually) drive it once he's able to handle that sort of power. I'll probably go long before that with my poor health, but it's something he'll always have.

So, with that being said, it's overkill and I don't need it. But now we're going to raise a lot of hell with it and go way past our initial goals!

I enjoyed reading this.
I look forward to meeting you Sean.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:10 PM
DRLC5
Le Mans Master

Received 340 Likes on 226 Posts

Sean, Any updates or pics of your ride? Really looking forward to seeing your build and of course your numbers, Also any pics with the new wheels/Tires? take care.

Quick Reply: Off she goes to Vengeance....