C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JL audio C7 stealthbox/stealth mod

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 09:40 AM
Harley5227
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy Sziraki
They bolt it using the ties it has on the floor. The thing doesn't move and i can't see the bolts. They also mounted the amp and cleansweeps where the factory bose sub was so its all out of sight! 25 extra lbs for the sub but you are also removing the factory sub and box… weighs less than 3lbs. So grab a DiabloTune, WeaponX TB and an aFe intake and you'll overcompensate for it! Again I am an audiophile and did not crave this until i heard it… If you love the Bose.. stick with it, Im in Delray Beach if anyone wants a listen!!! Literally live concert quality! Keep ya posted

I'm in Delray as well. AW Z51 coupe. Who did the install?
Old 08-20-2014, 09:40 AM
jspridge
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

The box design is pretty ingenious. Two 10" subs, firing down into an air gap, so the speakers themselves aren't visible after installation. The unit overhangs the raised area of the rear deck. Can't wait to hear it! Mine is being installed today, along with two sets of Hertz component speakers, the Audison Bit Ten processor and the JL Audio 900/5 amp.
Attached Images   
Old 08-20-2014, 02:54 PM
Varcix
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Can't wait to see more pics of the install!
Old 08-20-2014, 03:07 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Theta
The sad part is that as cheap as the OE system is (and I've had it out to look), it actually doesn't sound that bad. The subwoofer hits harder than I would imagine it should for the size, so the car must have decent acoustics if paper cheapies and two 3/4" Ti dome tweeters can sound halfway decent.

Looking forward to this!
All car stuff sounds a little weak when you listen to 1500 watts rms of pure sound at home! Agree the Bose stuff is total hype!
Old 08-20-2014, 03:27 PM
EVL-C8
Pro

Received 244 Likes on 92 Posts

What about the convertible application?
Old 08-22-2014, 11:45 AM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,357 Likes on 785 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy Sziraki
Coming soon… and let me tell you… THIS SYSTEM IS INSANE! The Bose system they took out will have you very disappointed. I wasn't even that disturbed by the factory system until i saw how poorly made they really were… once again Bose is all marketing. The JL system is absolute audio heaven, eargasmsic!!!

2 10's behind the seats. Roof still stows away. Full costco run still fits in the back!

Originally Posted by Theta
This reminds me, I should put up a few how-tos on replacing the speakers.

I wouldn't mind changing out the door speakers if that's really where the bass is coming from.
Originally Posted by C6-LS2-MN6
True audiophiles cringe at the thought of a "high/low input" converter...even if made by one of the best, JL Audio Clean Sweeps.

Any solutions or ideas on how to add a true high end head unit in these cars yet? Maybe a single din in the glove box ran separate from the integrated dash screen

Quick Reply: JL audio C7 stealthbox/stealth mod