C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WeaponX build thread - reviving the 427 Corvette!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 10:23 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Default WeaponX build thread - reviving the 427 Corvette!

Like most of you guys, I was pretty ecstatic to see the lines on the new C7. I was going to wait for the C6 Z06 but decided to move my timeline up. So, in December I began looking for a silver Stingray. Coughlin Chevy was only a couple hours from me and Rick Conti was great to work with letting me know what he had coming in and the 2LT Z51 had about all I wanted on it.

Long story short, I wanted to get one and not only enjoy the ride, but also I had a vision for it. My original intention was to get a C7 Z06, but as things progressed with this, I decided to push this further. I've seen a lot of the Corvette enthusiasts say they wished GM would've kept the kept the NA big cube Corvette alive. I decided to make that happen by reviving the 427! I started the "weapon7" design concept and kept on dreaming! My vision was a slightly more aggressive version of the Stingray with carbon fiber accents. The looks would be backed by the muscle of a 427ci LT1 with a NOS option for a "little" extra.

After a lot of studying, I carefully selected my build components and am pleased to announce these sponsors for my weapon7 project!

Adaptec Speedware
American Racing Headers
ATI Racing
Big Dog Performance
Billy Boat Exhaust
Bischoff - BES Racing Engines
Callies Performance
Circle D Transmissions
Comp Cams
Dewitts Radiator
Eclipse Window Tint
Forgeline Drag Wheels
GForce 1320 Axles
Killer Koatings
M&H Drag Racing Tires
Nitrous Express
Precision Shaft Technologies
PUR Wheels
RaceMesh Grilles
Racing Brakes
RX Products
ShorTuning
Spade Kreations
SwainTech Coatings
Wiseco Pistons
Yank

Enjoy the pages ahead!

Last edited by Ben@WeaponX; 07-28-2014 at 10:30 PM.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:28 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Default weapon7 aero kit

The first step in my project was to get the carbon fiber kit completed so I could move onto the power! I began designing my aero kit last summer and had finalized everything by September. I wanted a taller hood cowl with a mesh vent, splitter, rockers, spoiler, and a diffuser with the vanes. At that point, we began to do the modeling and molding. A CTS V client of mine picked up his C7 and was gracious enough to let my manufacturer have his car for a few weeks.

Hood

Spoiler

Rocker Blades

Diffuser with vanes

I was able to kit my kit done in time to get it to the National Corvette Museum Bash to unveil it. To my surprise, it was Tadge Juchter's (Chief Corvette Engineer) voted winner at the Celebrity Car Show! So, that got all I was doing off to a great start!

The Splitter uses all OEM mounting points and follows the contour of the front bumper and raises up in the middle for some additional front clearance. It has fixed winglets on the side as well.

The rocker blades also use OEM mounting holes, so no drilling is required. We brought the blades out right before the rear wheel instead of tapering in. While GM found there to be no benefit from aero stability, that area is highly prone to road rash. Our added area will not only help protect that flare, but also gives the illusion to more of a wide body look than tapering in and looking more narrow.

My spoiler uses OEM mounting holes as well and is a direct easy install. It looks pretty wicked out the back window and as subtle as I think it is, I get a lot of compliments on this one.

The diffuser is quite a complicated piece to make and really adds a lot to the rear of the C7! It has two vertical vanes added to each side of the exhaust outlet and is a direct replacement of the OEM lower bumper cover.

The hood is the crown jewel to me though! It's 1" taller than the stock hood for a bigger blower, direct port NOS, or just the bulged look. It retains the extractor vent and you can reuse the OEM vent insert or you can put a mesh weave insert in there. The rear cowl is also vented for additional cooling. It also has the Stingray inside the hood above the vent when open. The radiator duct attaches to the inside as well. I'll be offering carbon louvers and also inner radiator ducting too in the near future.

The hood comes in a variety of options as it's a true 2 piece hood with an inner and outer. You can do a full carbon inner outer, fiberglass inner/outer to save money, carbon outer/fiberglass inner, or fiberglass outer/carbon inner. Fiberglass is gel coated and ready to paint, Carbon Fiber is standard American 2:2 weave and matches OEM CF weave size.

Old 07-28-2014, 10:52 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Default Adaptec Speedware/Motorsport Tech- 6mm wheel spacers for use with OEM wheels

Adaptec Speedware/Motorsport Tech- 6mm wheel spacers for use with OEM wheels
http://weaponx-c7.myshopify.com/prod...s-easy-bolt-on

MOTORSPORT Tech is a family owned businesses located in Sparks, Nevada in a sales and manufacturing facility. With over 25 years' experience making custom adapters, Motorsport Tech thrives on providing the highest quality service and the very best products that man can make, with heavy emphasis on perfection, safety and customer satisfaction. We take pride in everything we do, from manufacturing through shipping.

See client's thread: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...m-spacers.html
Old 07-28-2014, 10:53 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Default American Racing Headers - 2" headers with 3" collectors and ORX

American Racing Headers - 2" headers with 3" collectors and ORX

http://weaponx-c7.myshopify.com/prod...ctory-mufflers

The C7 Corvette has arrived and without hesitation, we've taken on the ARH tradition of making the finest 100% US manufactured header system. With multiple options that allow us to fine tune our system to match your upgrades, ARH C7 systems set the bar for quality, performance, fit, and ease of installation. Options include 1-3/4", 1-7/8", or 2" primaries, merge collectors with scavenger spikes. ARH exclusive cat forward x-pipe location and new to our lineup is our Severe Duty 49 State Legal Cats. The system needs at the rear axle, and is a direct fit to stock or aftermarket cutbacks. Backed by customer service that's given ARH our outstanding reputation, your ARH C7 system will surpass your expectations.

Old 07-28-2014, 10:55 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Default ATI Racing - ATI Super Damper for Z51

ATI Racing - ATI Super Damper for Z51

http://weaponx-c7.myshopify.com/prod...ank-lt1-engine

ATI Performance Products, Inc. is proud to introduce its second Super Damper for the 2014+ Corvette Stingray Z51 Performance Package 6.2L LT1 Dry Sump engine for street and high performance racing applications. The new aluminum-shell, steel-hub damper is a direct fit replacement for the stock OEM unit and is better capable of handling a wider variety of driving habits that Corvette owners will put their new cars through. OEM dampers are optimally tuned to a narrow band of perceived normal driving conditions and do not perform well outside of those limits. The ATI Super Damper can handle any engine speeds and driving conditions that get thrown at it to better protect your engine. ATI Super Dampers provide balanced dampening of torsional crankshaft vibrations through all RPM ranges and exceed SFI 18.1 Safety Certification for competition use.

Old 07-28-2014, 10:57 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Default Billy Boat Exhaust - 3" Fusion Exhaust

Billy Boat Exhaust - 3" Fusion Exhaust

http://weaponx-c7.myshopify.com/prod...boat-fusion-c7

The Gen3 Fusion exhaust for the C7 Corvette is the result of Billy Boat's extensive development over the last six years of NPP exhaust development. We have learned a few things, and we have incorporated them in the Gen3.
- Uses the exclusive 3" butterfly valve at both the front and rear of the system. (factory is 2.5")
- The 3" side is truly straight through for more volume at idle, cruising, and head turning under acceleration.
- While it maintains all the modes of the C7, it turns them up a notch for true driving enjoyment.

Old 07-28-2014, 11:03 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,228 Likes on 775 Posts

Coming along nicely man! Anxious to see the end product
www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing.com
joe@cordesperformanceracing.com
480-359-5914

Old 07-28-2014, 11:12 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

planning on doing that diffuser for z06?
Old 07-28-2014, 11:15 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Joe@CPR
Coming along nicely man! Anxious to see the end product

Originally Posted by dvandentop
planning on doing that diffuser for z06?
It is actually the same part, the only difference is the wider plastic vents on the side so, in short yes the one pictured will work for the Z06 as well!

Old 07-29-2014, 10:22 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Default BES Racing Engines!!

Tony Bischoff and the BES Racing Engines crew joined my build to put the first true 427 CI motors in a C7! Tony is world renowned in drag racing, but in the event you're new to the scene or been living under a rock, check out the Engine Masters' Challenge video below.

http://www.besracing.com

Tony Bischoff and the team have won the Engine Master's Challenge several times! From Street to Pro Stock and from breather to drain plug, the BES team knows how to make things go faster. A lot faster! We provide virtually every engine service there is. And with over 100 years of combined experience building and rebuilding stock and high performance engines, you know you can count on BES to do the job right the first time, every time. The BES team speaks with experience on the racetrack as well, racking up over 20 combined championships and setting numerous records, many that still stand today.

Last edited by Ben@WeaponX; 07-29-2014 at 10:24 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:23 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Default Callies Performance - Magnum Crankshaft and Ultra Rods

Callies Performance - Magnum Crankshaft and Ultra rods

http://weaponx-c7.myshopify.com/prod...nkshaft-magnum
http://weaponx-c7.myshopify.com/prod...onnecting-rods

Callies Performance Products began manufacturing high performance crankshafts in 1989. With many years of engineering and employee experience, Callies has grown to be the industry leader for innovative product design. We take pride in staying ahead of the competition with the latest high tech design and manufacturing advantages. By utilizing the latest in computer aided solid modeling and CNC machining centers, Callies is able to offer the best designed, highest quality crankshafts, connecting rods, andcamshaft cores available on the market today.

At the heart of Callies Commitment to excellence is one of the most experienced sales teams in the industry. Up-to-date information on the latest products and innovations is available to Callies customers through our expert sales staff. Information shared between Sales, Engineering, and Manufacturing personnel on a daily basis creates company-wide continuity that ensures Callies maintains a focus on developing products to meet the needs of a wide variety of customers.

Old 07-29-2014, 10:26 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Default Circle D Transmissions - the first built 6L80 for a C7

Circle D Transmissions - the first built 6L80 trans going in a C7!

http://weaponx-c7.myshopify.com/prod...0-transmission

Circle D Transmission is ready to turn your 6L80/90 into a performance beast. We’ve been a leader in the transmission industry since 1976. Our continued development in custom modifications and billet upgrades makes your choice an easy one. Now available: 4140 HTSR Billet Reinforced Output Carrier (Pictured). This custom output carrier with billet spline upgrade helps eliminate the OE spline failure in high HP vehicles. Other CDT modifications include our custom Billet 4-5-6 Hub Shaft Assembly & HD Clutch Pack, upgraded 3-5-R and 2-6 Clutch Packs with nitride treated steels and added clutch capacity. The pump and valve body are also upgraded to exclusive CDT specs. Our 5th generation shop Camaro is steadily used for R&D of parts & tunes so that we can help push your vehicle to its peak performance. The majority of the vehicles that we upgrade or rebuild with a 6L80/90 transmission have between 500 – 800 RWHP. We have been successful with vehicles that have up to 1200 RWHP. There are two options to choose from: you can either ship your transmission to us: Bench Package or you can transport your vehicle to us: Vehicle Package.

Old 07-29-2014, 10:29 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Default Comp Cams - custom ground camshaft, phaser, trunion upgrade

Comp Cams - custom ground camshaft, phaser, trunion upgrade

http://weaponx-c7.myshopify.com/prod...ge-4-game-over
http://weaponx-c7.myshopify.com/prod...miter-kit-5456
http://weaponx-c7.myshopify.com/prod...-kit-comp-cams

Gen V Sportsman Tool Steel Camshafts from COMP Cams® are high-strength, custom-ground components utilizing aggressive direct injection lobe profile options, allowing the engine to support added horsepower. Memphis, TN –GM Gen V Sportsman Tool Steel Camshafts from COMP Cams® are high-strength, custom-ground components utilizing aggressive direct injection lobe profile options, allowing the engine to support added horsepower. COMP Cams tool steel cam core technology, widely seen in NASCAR, NHRA and other professional race engines, is now available in the form of GM Gen V (LT1/L83/L86) Sportsman Tool Steel Camshafts. Tool steel is 30 percent stronger than the SAE 5150 or SAE 8620 cam cores typically used for LS cams. It allows the use of more aggressive profiles on both the direct injection (DI) fuel pump lobe as well as the cam lobes. The size and shape of the DI lobe is customizable to support more horsepower over the OEM design. Polygonal lobe designs are available with three, four or five “throws” per revolution. The four-lobe option can be advanced or retarded to properly phase with the injector timing to maximize flow, reduce pressure fluctuations and minimize fuel bypass.

COMP Cams® tool steel cam cores are through-hardened, meaning that engine builders can choose virtually any combination of duration, lift, lobe separation and advance. They are superior to the traditional hardened surface of either induction-hardened or carburized steel cam cores. COMP Cams® GM Gen V (LT1/L83/L86) Sportsman Tool Steel Camshafts are available with or without Active Fuel Management (AFM). Call for assistance in selecting the right tool steel cam for your application. Quick Facts Product: COMP Cams® GM Gen V (LT1/L83/L86) Sportsman Tool Steel

Old 07-29-2014, 10:36 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Default Dewitts Radiator - C7 prototype radiator

Dewitts Radiator - C7 prototype radiator

MORE INFO ABOUT RELEASE SOON:

http://weaponx-c7.myshopify.com/prod...nx-c7-radiator

DeWitt Radiator's DIRECT FIT™ Corvette aluminum radiators are designed to install into the stock mounting and use the factory connections without any modifications or adapters. The term DIRECT FIT™ gets thrown around a lot today. Many companies offer replacement radiators and most of them require some alterations, even when they claim they fit. Each DIRECT FIT™ radiator starts with a USA made core, furnace brazed in our own furnace. Our cores feature two rows of cooling tubes, serpentine fin and they are epoxy free. Press formed end tanks are manually tig welded by expert craftsmen, providing the ultimate in strength and appearance. Many companies build Corvette radiators, only one specializes in it.

Old 07-29-2014, 10:37 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Default Eclipse Window Tint- ceramic window tint on all windows and roof

Eclipse Window Tint - ceramic window tint on all windows and roof

At Eclipse we pride ourselves on quality automotive installations.
We've done over 20,000 vehicles to date. We use only Solar Gard window films. All of our automotive installations come with a manufacturers warranty honored by Solar Gard dealers nationwide. Solar Gard® Ultra Performance Manufactured with advanced nanotechnology, Ultra Performance is in a class of its own when it comes to maximizing your driving experience and comfort.

Old 07-29-2014, 10:40 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Default Forgeline Drag Wheels - the first C7 GA3 drag pack

Forgeline Drag Wheels - the first C7 GA3 drag rims

http://weaponx-c7.myshopify.com/prod...agster-package

Forgeline Competition Series lightweight forged racing wheels are engineered for race cars and dedicated track duty. They are made from forged 6061-T6 aluminum and include features like I-beamed spokes, deeply-machined centers, and aggressive load ratings to be extremely strong, extremely stiff, and extremely lightweight. We custom-build these wheels in 18", 19", 20" and limited 21" diameters to fit virtually any application!

Old 07-30-2014, 09:09 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Default GForce 1320 Axles - the first C7 Level 5 Outlaw Axles

GForce 1320 Axles - the first C7 Level 5 Outlaw Axles

http://weaponx-c7.myshopify.com/prod...-stage-5-axles

Our C7 axles are designed and tested to be a direct bolt in replacement for the OEM axles. Our Level 5 31 Spline Outlaw 1500+hp axles are made for the guys that are really cranking out big power. Gforce Engineering now backs our axles with a Lifetime warranty.

Get notified of new replies

To WeaponX build thread - reviving the 427 Corvette!

Old 07-30-2014, 09:12 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Default Killer Koatings - powder coated over white header coating, brake calipers

Killer Koatings - powder coated over white header coating, brake calipers

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kille...47201622006073

Killer Koatings specializes in all things powder coating from calipers and wheels to engine parts!
Old 07-30-2014, 09:15 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Default M&H Drag Racing Tires - M&H drag radials

M&H Drag Racing Tires - M&H drag radials

http://weaponx-c7.myshopify.com/prod...5r17-for-coupe

Many innovative applications were integrated into this new web site in order to better serve your online experience. MandHtires.com / Hashim's Inc. has taken great pride in distributing the highest quality drag racing tires since the early 1950's. MandHTires.com / Hashim's Inc. is your direct source for the greatest drag racing tires in the world!

MandHtires.com / Hashim's Inc. has always believed in the 3 S's:
SERVICE -- We pride ourselves in providing the best customer service in the drag racing industry.
SIZING -- Each pair of tires is professionally sized.
SATISFACTION - We strive to provide customer satisfaction on each and every order.

Last edited by Ben@WeaponX; 07-30-2014 at 09:47 PM.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:36 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Default Nitrous Express - the first Direct port, stand alone kit

Nitrous Express - the first Direct port, stand alone kit

http://weaponx-c7.myshopify.com/prod...-wet-plate-kit
http://weaponx-c7.myshopify.com/prod...ive-controller
http://weaponx-c7.myshopify.com/prod...essory-package
http://weaponx-c7.myshopify.com/prod...cell-with-pump

The Nitrous Express C7 plate systems feature Spraybarless technology for the ultimate in atomization and distribution. The billet plate bolts between the throttle body and intake making installation quick and easy. The solenoids are integrated into the plate for a super clean look and easy install. A direct-plug-in Fuel Line Adapter is provided to simplify installation (no need to cut your factory fuel lines). This system includes a TPS Autolearn switch so the nitrous only activates at wide open throttle and automatically turns off when you let your foot off the accelerator. The system includes jetting for 35, 50, 75, 100, 125, 150, 200, 250, and 300 horsepower. Systems include a stainless braided N2O line, master arming switch, relay, relay harness and all necessary hardware to complete the installation. Systems ordered with a nitrous bottle include the new billet aluminum Lightning 45 bottle valve and stainless bottle brackets.

Quick Reply: WeaponX build thread - reviving the 427 Corvette!