C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me understand the Corsa Exhaust and required "cutting" of pipes please..

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 01:09 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Default Help me understand the Corsa Exhaust and required "cutting" of pipes please..

So I have decided I am going to upgrade the exhaust.. again. I already went from non-NPP to NPP, and its just not loud enough for me. Need something that's 30-40% louder ALL the time. I am pretty sure I have narrowed it down to Corsa Extreme's as I love the note it puts off but I am hesitant due to the 'cutting" that is mentioned in the instructions. I do not want to cut any part of my exhaust so that it can be returned to stock setup later on. So I guess I don't really understand what the cutting is for.. is it to remove the AFM valves all together? or is it to just shorten the pipes? and if I get the X-Pipe and the Exhaust is it a complete replacement or do I still have to hack up my stock exhaust?

Ant
Old 08-17-2014, 04:55 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

You're cutting the pipes between the AFM valves and the mufflers to retain the OEM AFM valves. I have a couple sets of Corsa Sports in stock if you want a set

Here is a replacement axle back exhaust vs. the OEM axle back. The OEM AFM valved section is what is retained.

Old 08-17-2014, 05:34 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Ben@WeaponX
You're cutting the pipes between the AFM valves and the mufflers to retain the OEM AFM valves. I have a couple sets of Corsa Sports in stock if you want a set

Here is a replacement axle back exhaust vs. the OEM axle back. The OEM AFM valved section is what is retained.

Not sure if Sports would be loud enough for me. :-) so if I do the X pipe as well do I get everything I need for a direct swap then?

Thanks
Old 08-17-2014, 09:02 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by FYREANT
Not sure if Sports would be loud enough for me. :-) so if I do the X pipe as well do I get everything I need for a direct swap then?

Thanks
You'd be surprised at the sports Yes sir, it all buttons up to the catted front pipes.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:46 PM
Motohead279
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

They give you a template to line up to make a cut. Pretty straight forward.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:00 AM
Rratlas
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys I just I have the NPP and I just did the corsa extreme with the x pipe and I am very pleased. Enjoy.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:02 PM
fredmills
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

So I have decided I am going to upgrade the exhaust.. again. I already went from non-NPP to NPP, and its just not loud enough for me. Need something that's 30-40% louder ALL the time. I am pretty sure I have narrowed it down to Corsa Extreme's as I love the note it puts off but I am hesitant due to the 'cutting" that is mentioned in the instructions. I do not want to cut any part of my exhaust so that it can be returned to stock setup later on. So I guess I don't really understand what the cutting is for.. is it to remove the AFM valves all together? or is it to just shorten the pipes? and if I get the X-Pipe and the Exhaust is it a complete replacement or do I still have to hack up my stock exhaust?

Ant
How did you initially go from non-NPP to NPP. Just buy factory parts and did that include any electronics.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:52 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by Rratlas
Hey guys I just I have the NPP and I just did the corsa extreme with the x pipe and I am very pleased. Enjoy.
http://youtu.be/r6RBDDYf6aw
I get "this video is private"
Old 08-24-2014, 09:43 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by fredmills
How did you initially go from non-NPP to NPP. Just buy factory parts and did that include any electronics.
I swapped to the NPP mufflers, but the valves are non-functional and are always open.

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin'
I get "this video is private"
Me too..
Old 08-24-2014, 09:51 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

I guess I am surprised that this isnt just a direct bolt on system. I hate the idea of not being able to revert back to stock. I am still on the fence between LT headers and different exhaust. I want a much louder note, and really dont want to tune the car and void my warranty. Maybe I will do the x-pipe first to split up my out of pocket costs and see how mich that helps the sound until I can make up my mind about what to do with the rest.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:37 AM
Rratlas
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am so happy with the corsa extreme and x pipe. But i still want more so it goes in torrid for long tube headers that remove the cats and reposition the o2 sensors. I am also putting a cold air intake. I am super excited. When I did the corsa exhaust I will say it made driving the car even more fun. The best if luck to you.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:08 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

I guess I am surprised that this isnt just a direct bolt on system. I hate the idea of not being able to revert back to stock. I am still on the fence between LT headers and different exhaust. I want a much louder note, and really dont want to tune the car and void my warranty. Maybe I will do the x-pipe first to split up my out of pocket costs and see how mich that helps the sound until I can make up my mind about what to do with the rest.
I hear ya...I felt that way on my C5. I finally bit the bullet and went headers, Corsas, X-pipe, and a dyno tune.......almost 4 grand later! And, all that stuff went with the car when I traded it in (sad).
Old 08-24-2014, 03:26 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin'
I hear ya...I felt that way on my C5. I finally bit the bullet and went headers, Corsas, X-pipe, and a dyno tune.......almost 4 grand later! And, all that stuff went with the car when I traded it in (sad).
I saw a vid of a car with ARH long tubes and an NPP exhaust and the bote was just pure ecstasy. Been doing a lot of research today and I may be leaning towards the following setup:

ARH catted long tubes
Corsa Xpipe
Keep my NPP exhaust
Diablo Tune (as I understand this specific tune cannot be detected when undone)

I have traditionally been against tuning as I dont want to lose my warranty.. But if the Diablo truly cannot be detected, im in.

Get notified of new replies

To Help me understand the Corsa Exhaust and required "cutting" of pipes please..

Quick Reply: Help me understand the Corsa Exhaust and required "cutting" of pipes please..