C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnaflow Catback questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 06:07 PM
Baron7700
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Magnaflow Catback questions

Hey all,

So I'm pretty fortunate in that A&A autostores have asked to use my car to be on display at the Carlisle show this coming weekend, and in exchange install a FREE Magnaflow catback on it. I do have npp, they said it was 100% reversable and no cutting or anything of the stock exhaust (a must for me).

I'm not sure if it is there NPP exhaust, or the straight through one, I think he mentioned that the rear mufflers wont have actuators on them (I always have my sound activation management off, and fused pulled, because even the stock exhaust is a bit quiet, but I figured if I went louder I would want the option).

Anyway, anyone have any experience or sound clips with it? I can only find short ones. Also, if it does eliminate the rear valves, are the front valves for the npp enough to quiet it down?

If I dont like it I can always take it off, which is a sticking point for me. I do run in stock car type events, so it may put me in a different class for a few things, but again, I can always reverse it.

Thanks for the input.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:47 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by Baron7700
Also, if it does eliminate the rear valves, are the front valves for the npp enough to quiet it down?

Thanks for the input.
Can't help with a sound clip but want to point out that the front valves are for the AFM (4 cyl mode), not NPP. The rear valves on the muffler outlets are the NPP valves, the ones you're giving up.

Good luck, hope it works for you.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:25 PM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Received 5,716 Likes on 2,921 Posts

On a car that has the optional NPP exhaust I wouldn't run any aftermarket catback that didn't retain all 4 valves. You should definitely ask for clarification on this.

Regarding Magnaflow though, I ran their catback on a previous car and was impressed with the quality and fitment.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:34 PM
Baron7700
Racer

Originally Posted by RicK T
Can't help with a sound clip but want to point out that the front valves are for the AFM (4 cyl mode), not NPP. The rear valves on the muffler outlets are the NPP valves, the ones you're giving up.

Good luck, hope it works for you.
This is exactly what I thought / explained to them. They said they werent sure. Either way, its free. Let them put it on. If it doesnt work with the NPP / I dont like it, Ill sell it and get a set of arh headers with the stock npp exhaust :p
Old 08-18-2014, 08:20 PM
drewauby5
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

loved my magnaflow on my 2010 camaro SS but for the price that magnaflow has for their C7 exhaust, I will have to pass...but for free why not!!! good luck...if you decide to sell at highly discounted price after the show keep me in mind :-) thanks
Old 08-18-2014, 08:23 PM
yell03
Safety Car

Received 470 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by Baron7700
This is exactly what I thought / explained to them. They said they werent sure. Either way, its free. Let them put it on. If it doesnt work with the NPP / I dont like it, Ill sell it and get a set of arh headers with the stock npp exhaust :p
Please post up how you like it, I have a non-npp car and might eventually want to hear it (hear my car that is)
Old 08-18-2014, 08:32 PM
mshabetay
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I put my 1 7/8 ARH long tubes and x pipe with no cats, the exhaust was loud but I didn't like the sound, and sice I have the NPP, I was afraid of putting aftermarket mufflers. However, I got the Magnaflows and I love the. It is true that I can't play with the sound but since it's not my everyday car, I don't mind.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:09 PM
Motohead279
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Magnaflow only has a non-NPP version C7 exhaust available.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:46 PM
fredmills
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Motohead279
Magnaflow only has a non-NPP version C7 exhaust available.
Flowmaster has a non-NPP system, but there is very little info, in particular, no one has replied to my thread asking if anyone has one.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:03 PM
mshabetay
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fredmills
Flowmaster has a non-NPP system, but there is very little info, in particular, no one has replied to my thread asking if anyone has one.
I do, and I love them. The sound is perfect for my taste. I always had Borlas on my previous Vettes, but since they took a while to come out, I tried the Magnaflows and I don´t regret it.

After reading a lot of post against changing the NPP mufflers, I was somewhat affraid, but eventhough it´s one sound, for me it´s the perfect sound!!
Old 08-20-2014, 04:35 PM
fredmills
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks. mshabetay. I sent you a personal email.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:13 AM
Baron7700
Racer

The exhaust is for sale. Im looking to move it. Make offers.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-p...post1587684642

Get notified of new replies

To Magnaflow Catback questions

Quick Reply: Magnaflow Catback questions