C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver seat memory problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 04:44 PM
FloridaRich
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver seat memory problems

I programmed the driver seat in my C7 Corvette convertible. There is no problem exiting the car when I open the door of the seat goes back the steering wheel goes up. The problem is when I enter the car, when I open the door the seat moves forward and the steering wheel moves down to the drive position making it hard to get in the car. Is this a design flaw or have I programmed it wrong?
Old 08-20-2014, 05:27 PM
nmerhaut
Melting Slicks

Received 75 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by FloridaRich
I programmed the driver seat in my C7 Corvette convertible. There is no problem exiting the car when I open the door of the seat goes back the steering wheel goes up. The problem is when I enter the car, when I open the door the seat moves forward and the steering wheel moves down to the drive position making it hard to get in the car. Is this a design flaw or have I programmed it wrong?
Same problem here but someone answers it in General discussion as I type this- take lookee.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:52 PM
JJoeG
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts

Programmed wrong. You can change the settings on the main screen in the dash. I prefer to have the seat move to driving position when I start the car; With the car off, my seat move to exit position when the door opens.
It's in the settings menu on the main screen.
Nothing is difficult; just not very intuitive.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:46 PM
FloridaRich
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by JJoeG
Programmed wrong. You can change the settings on the main screen in the dash. I prefer to have the seat move to driving position when I start the car; With the car off, my seat move to exit position when the door opens.
It's in the settings menu on the main screen.
Nothing is difficult; just not very intuitive.
it would be difficult to start the car with the seat in the "Exit" position. I have the 7 speed manual transmission so the Clutch has to be depressed to start the car. This is difficult to do with the seat all the way back.
Old 08-23-2014, 03:41 PM
orca1946
Le Mans Master

Received 453 Likes on 340 Posts

it would be difficult to start the car with the seat in the "Exit" position. I have the 7 speed manual transmission so the Clutch has to be depressed to start the car. This is difficult to do with the seat all the way back.
does this work on a 2006 with an automatic?
Old 08-23-2014, 10:07 PM
HalfMoon
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

If you have the manual transmission you can get your dealer to flash your car with a new update that changes the behavior.

The new update will allow you to not have the seat return on opening the door, but it will return if you simply press the start button. Then you can press the clutch and hit the start button again.

It will also automatically return if you are able to just start the car from the exit position (I can).

If you search through the general forum's "Reported problems" thread you will find this information. I got mine flashed about 2 months ago or so.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:44 PM
jhidary
1st Gear

My memory seat works fine but the steering column does not move into the correct position on its own.

Get notified of new replies

To Driver seat memory problems

Quick Reply: Driver seat memory problems