C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Position of stock lowering bolts and track use

Old 09-01-2014, 02:55 PM
Stubbygda
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Position of stock lowering bolts and track use

i have read several threads on using lowering bolts to drop car down some. i have see conflicting messages on if this causes tire rubbing on a road course track when they are set to their lowest position. i definitely plan on tracking the car and i see lots of folks here with experience tracking their cars and would like to know where your lowering bolts are set and if you have experienced any rubbing. i just got my car last week and it seems high to me, i checked the bolts and there is about 1/2 inch of movement to their lowest position. thoughts appreciated.
Old 09-05-2014, 04:23 PM
Stubbygda
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still looking for lowering bolt position info specifically on z51s with magnetic ride running stock tires at track. Any info appreciated, just dont want to ruin inner fender well at track.
Thanks

Originally Posted by Stubbygda
i have read several threads on using lowering bolts to drop car down some. i have see conflicting messages on if this causes tire rubbing on a road course track when they are set to their lowest position. i definitely plan on tracking the car and i see lots of folks here with experience tracking their cars and would like to know where your lowering bolts are set and if you have experienced any rubbing. i just got my car last week and it seems high to me, i checked the bolts and there is about 1/2 inch of movement to their lowest position. thoughts appreciated.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:24 PM
copjsd
Pro

Received 231 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Stubbygda
Still looking for lowering bolt position info specifically on z51s with magnetic ride running stock tires at track. Any info appreciated, just dont want to ruin inner fender well at track.
Thanks
Hello Stubbygda,

I've tracked my fully lowered Z51 with magnetic ride at Mid-Ohio, Mont-Tremblant and Watkins Glen Int'l, running in the Black run group, and have never heard a rub.

Regards,

Joe

Get notified of new replies

To Position of stock lowering bolts and track use

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Position of stock lowering bolts and track use